Gaubster is Steve Crane's sock puppet -- it's now official!!!

Old March 12th 05, 12:24 AM
Lorraine

Default Gaubster is Steve Crane's sock puppet -- it's now official!!!

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:55:52 -0500, equalizer wrote:

I knew this ****tard would hang himself given enough rope. "Gaubster"
has been right on the edge lately, with his IP hanging out in public all
of a sudden. Today, Stevie made the big mistake -- This is from the
thread: "Other alternatives to Hills prescription s/d?"

Nice catch.

L.

Old March 12th 05, 12:32 AM
Magic Mood Jeep

*BUT* Steve's first posting is as such

From: "Steve Crane"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Other alternatives to Hills prescription s/d?
Date: 9 Mar 2005 19:29:44 -0800

Note the NNTP of 66.82.9.78, which comes back to
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 2001-02-28
Updated: 2003-01-21

TechHandle: ZD63-ARIN
TechName: DirecPC
TechPhone: +1-301-601-7205
TechEmail:

OrgTechHandle: NSM5-ARIN
OrgTechName: Network Security Manager
OrgTechPhone: +1-301-601-7205
OrgTechEmail:

ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2005-03-10 19:10
Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

Registrant:
Hughes Network Systems (RNIEBDWYID)
11717 Exploration Lane
Germantown, MD 20876
US

Domain Name: DIRECPC.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Hughes Network Systems (35808819O)

11717 Exploration Lane
Germantown, MD 20876
US
3016017224

Record expires on 07-Jun-2005.
Record created on 23-Aug-2003.
Database last updated on 11-Mar-2005 19:29:13 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.DIRECPC.COM 198.77.116.8
NS.CAIS.COM 205.177.10.10

Just thought I would throw this in there for the confusion

equalizer wrote:
I knew this ****tard would hang himself given enough rope. "Gaubster"
has been right on the edge lately, with his IP hanging out in public
all
of a sudden. Today, Stevie made the big mistake -- This is from the
thread: "Other alternatives to Hills prescription s/d?"

First, the headers from one of Stevie's posts, note the IP address,

ath:
news2.newsguy.com!lana.pathlink.com!lex!extra.news guy.com!lotsanews.com!cyclone-sf.pbi.net!216.196.98.144!border2.nntp.dca.giganew s.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews. com!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!o13g2000cwo .googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
From: "Steve Crane"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: 11 Mar 2005 05:13:51 -0800

OK ZUZU
Let's just concentrate on ingredinet at a time. You claim:

Here you go again with your BS. You don't need a "peer reviewed"
study

to know if something is crap. Do *you* need one to know **** is
crap?
Probably. Ingredients have been discussed here over and over and
claiming a cat can "tolerate" corn

Now you've made the claim - now prove that corn is "bad" for cats.
Show
us the scientific proof that corn has any deleterious effects on
cats.
Show us any clinical trial or any kind which proves your point.

And yes you do need more than just wacko internet fantasy opinions to
"know if something is crap" otherwise is it nothing but whacko ideas,
internet fantasies, and purely erroneous emotional judgements.

Now - prove your claims or admit you haven't got a clue about feline
nutrition. Your choice.

Now, the same thread, with a response from "Gaubster":
Note the IP -- NNTP-Posting-Host: 198.179.238.3

From: "
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: 11 Mar 2005 10:51:19 -0800

wrote:
Steve Crane wrote:
Let's try this - ZUZU why don't you pick
one ingredient you think is "crap" then
show us the peer reviewed published data
that supports your opinion that this
particular ingredient is crap.

Here you go again with your BS. You don't need a "peer reviewed"

study
to know if something is crap.

You're commenting on something that is subjective. Your OPINION
doesn't hold much sway over the FACTS.

Do *you* need one to know **** is crap?
Probably. Ingredients have been discussed here over and over and
claiming a cat can "tolerate" corn, soybean mill run, ethoxyquin and
other garbage you put in pet food doesn't mean it should be in there

or
that it is species appropriate.

Those things aren't neccessarily "garbage". Can you show us any
peer-reviewed published research that proves your OPINION? I didn't
think you could.

Heee!! Heeeee! Heeeee!

You goddamn ****wit! Archived forever on my hard drive for future
reference. Credibility, Steve? What credibility!!!

eq -- going to crack open a cold one......

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)

Old March 12th 05, 01:56 AM

For the record, I'm no one's "sock puppet". I don't speak for Hill's
or Steve Crane or for anyone other than myself. I find it quite
telling that instead of debating points that I make here (or those
points made by people that are NOT Hill's Haters), the Hill's Haters,
instead, attempt to smear, impugn, call names, or otherwise try to
slime someone. Steve gets attacked for "working" for Hill's. I get
"attacked" for sticking up for Hill's. And it goes on and on.

Now, would anyone like to actually, try to...you know, intelligently
refute anything that I've said here?? Or you would you like to bash
and attack and sink to the lowest common denominator?

Old March 12th 05, 02:11 AM

Gaubster, the cat's out of the bag!
How did you manage to post as Gaubster from the Hill's corporation if
you don't work for them???? One Trick Pony Indeed! :-)

IP Posting address from the Gaubster! 198.179.238.3

Network Whois record
Queried whois.arin.net with "198.179.238.3"...

OrgName: Hill's Pet Nutrition
OrgID: HPN
Address: 400 S. W. Eighth
City: Topeka
StateProv: KS
PostalCode: 66603-3945
Country: US

NetRange: 198.179.238.0 - 198.179.238.255
CIDR: 198.179.238.0/24
NetName: HILLSPET
NetHandle: NET-198-179-238-0-1
Parent: NET-198-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Assignment
Comment:
RegDate: 1993-11-18
Updated: 1993-11-18

Old March 12th 05, 04:30 AM
Marshall Dermer

I checked about 100 posts and this is about all I could find:

For Steve Crane:

For Gaubuster:

I never found a post from Gaubuster from:

Here is what http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl reports about
these IP addresses:

Gaubuster:

Comcast Cable Communications, IP Services EASTERNSHORE-1 (NET-24-16-0-0-1)
24.16.0.0 - 24.23.255.255
Comcast Cable Communications OREGON-9 (NET-24-22-0-0-1)
24.22.0.0 - 24.22.63.255

************************************************** ************

Steve Crane:

Search results for: 66.82.9.85

OrgName: Hughes Network Systems
OrgID: HNS
Address: 11717 Exploration Lane
Address: DirecWAY Network Management Center
Address: attn: Network Security Manager
City: Germantown
StateProv: MD
PostalCode: 20876
Country: US

NetRange: 66.82.0.0 - 66.82.255.255
CIDR: 66.82.0.0/16
NetName: DIRECPC-1BLK
NetHandle: NET-66-82-0-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.DIRECPC.COM
NameServer: NS2.DIRECPC.COM
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 2001-02-28
Updated: 2003-01-21

TechHandle: ZD63-ARIN
TechName: DirecPC
TechPhone: +1-301-601-7205
TechEmail:

OrgName: Hill's Pet Nutrition
OrgID: HPN
Address: 400 S. W. Eighth
City: Topeka
StateProv: KS
PostalCode: 66603-3945
Country: US

NetRange: 198.179.238.0 - 198.179.238.255
CIDR: 198.179.238.0/24
NetName: HILLSPET
NetHandle: NET-198-179-238-0-1
Parent: NET-198-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Assignment
Comment:
RegDate: 1993-11-18
Updated: 1993-11-18

TechHandle: RAE2-ARIN
TechName: Ewing, Roger A.
TechPhone: +1-913-231-5340
TechEmail:

So where is the alleged post from Gaubuster with the Hill's
IP address?

--Marshall
Old March 12th 05, 05:02 AM

Marshall,

Look at the post here dated Mar 11, 10:16 am

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...be250ca3a0ce98

And here dated Mar 11, 10:11 am

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e03d99232b928c

Both posts from "Gaubster" resolve directly back to Hill's!

Someone in the Cat group found more since the 2 headed hydra has been
over there as well trying to push his overpriced bag of Corn n' Soy n'
Beaks to the masses...

Old March 12th 05, 05:08 AM
John Doe

Off-topic X-No-Archive troll.

Old March 12th 05, 08:14 AM
-L.

Lorraine wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:55:52 -0500, equalizer wrote:

I knew this ****tard would hang himself given enough rope.

"Gaubster"
has been right on the edge lately, with his IP hanging out in public

all
of a sudden. Today, Stevie made the big mistake -- This is from the
thread: "Other alternatives to Hills prescription s/d?"

Nice catch.

L.

Heh heh...classic!

-L.

Old March 12th 05, 01:40 PM
Trish Dunphy

For Christ sakes, you caught a poser, you didn't save the world, need we
read this dribble again. Take out a billboard ad. Into the killfiles with
you...

Just a re-post with x-no-archive off. Thanks "John"!