One sentence story

Old February 10th 13, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default One sentence story

On 2/9/2013 3:56 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:24:46 +0000, mlbriggs wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:54:59 -0500, kraut / larry stark wrote:

One sentence story

OK, so I'm going to write a sentence to start a story. Everyone
continues the story with one sentence!

The sun shone through the window as Misty, the cat, stretched and
yawned lightly.

Then she snuggled down and went back to sleep.

And after a long, long nap, she awakened with a smile and said
"I've been having the strangest dream about spaceships and other
kitties. I wonder why---? TuTu.

She never thought she would see the mothership hovering overhead and
she wondered if she was special so she waved, and the Golden Cat
noticed her and he asked her if she would like to

Visit the mothership and see what happens there

she said yes, although she was scared at the prospect but when she got
there she saw all of the kitties that she thought were gone for ever

and realised that there are many dimensions to life and that they are
complicated.

But it was all too much for Misty to take in at once so she thanked the
Golden Cat then hestitantly asked "Please may I go back to my Meowmie
and the warm spot in the sun?"

Jill
Old February 10th 13, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/10/2013 3:17 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
On 2/9/2013 3:58 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

"Judith Latham"
wrote in
message
In article
,
Christina Websell

wrote:

"Judith Latham"
wrote
in message
In article
,
Christina eyes

"A little white kitten will
come to your house, you must
persuade your human to take her
in. The kitten has had a very
bad time and we need you to
take very good care of her.

Misty seemed to hear his words
in her head, not her ears.

The mothership only communicates
telepathically so it is not
possible to speak to the golden
cat directly but if you get
direction to save a kitty you
must do so and the golden cat
said "I am here to tell you

that you will reap great rewards
for your care.

He said that you must always take in
lost kitties and then he shone his
beautiful eyes on the Earth and
noticed the ones who had done that
and he said anyone who does that is
beloved of the mothership but if

they don't, then the mothership stops
giving guidance to them
for a while.
That is when a cat becomes indecisive.

I think the Americans should join in
now instead of what Nuele calls
"selfishly enjoying"

Tweed

I agree, please join us.

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

I'm an American and I've been participating! I just don't know what
other sentence(s) to add to continue the story! Not feeling very
creative at the moment, sorry.

Jill

I forgot that you're American sorry.

LOL That's funny!

I'll add another sentence.

Misty knew that she wouldn't get that treatment as she really wanted to
help the kitten as her cat meomie had helped her to learn how to....

....care for other little kitties; Misty had memories of little brofurs
and a sisfur, but it seemed long ago.

Old February 10th 13, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/10/2013 3:18 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
[...]

of course and I think you'll find the warm spot is even more wonderful.
It'll make you feel...

protected and safe, yet vigilent and strong of heart.

Old February 12th 13, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

jmcquown wrote:
On 2/9/2013 3:58 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

"Judith Latham"
wrote in
message
In article
,
Christina Websell

wrote:

"Judith Latham"
wrote
in message
In article
,
[...]

The memory brought out a longing to love another kitty as she'd loved her
family in her kittenhood.

So she wished they there but they weren't

Old February 12th 13, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
[...]

The answer was that the Golden Cat said yes. He shone on her and she should
not be afraid of anything when he is here.

Old February 13th 13, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

[...]

And Misty thought, "What do you mean? 'Selfishly enjoying' is what being
a cat is all about!" And then she stretched in the small square of the
chair that was lit by a beam of sunlight, curled up, and continued to
enjoy.

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old February 14th 13, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
[...]

Misty woke up in the wonderfully warm spot and wondered if she'd been
dreaming but deep inside she knew she hadn't. She knew the Golden Cat
would always be with her.

The End.
Tweed

Old February 15th 13, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

I think the Americans should join in now instead of what Nuele calls
"selfishly enjoying"

And Misty thought, "What do you mean? 'Selfishly enjoying' is what being
a cat is all about!" And then she stretched in the small square of the
chair that was lit by a beam of sunlight, curled up, and continued to
enjoy.

too late.

Yeah, what happened? As soon as I got to the party, everyone left! Maybe
not *because* I got there, but it's a bummer to see it break up just when
I've made my first entry.

To be honest, I found the multiple threads a bit confusing, especially
since they were all more or less the same story, involving the Mothership.

When I was in a writing group, we sometimes wrote stories together, but
we would pass them from one person to the next so that each entry didn't
spawn a bunch of offshoots. And nobody sat idle while waiting for their
turn. Instead, each of us started a story, and when everyone was done
with that segment, we all passed our page to the person on our right.
Repeat, repeat, until the stories had all gone completely around the
circle. There were 7 of us, so we ended up with 7 stories.

I don't know how that would work online, unless we decided that people
would add things in a certain order. Probably a little too rigid for this
bunch.

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"