I am alive and still kicking

Old October 29th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default I am alive and still kicking

I know that I am in and out. Trying to get my head on straight before I
fully put my time back into the groups. Needed a break from a lot of
things

So blanket purrs and prayers to all that need them.

Right now Phantom is doing better. He still gets sick easily. I think he
has arthritis and having trouble with his stomach. He still is a grouchy
old pain but I still am happy I did not have to make that decision a while
ago. I just reordered his hyperthyroidism medication. You can tell he is
getting old

Jammer is a little ****. ( typical fur nut kitten) He has developed all of
the others bad habits So he has gained the title of why you little
^%&(#%^*(#%^(Q%^#)%&Q)%&Q)_#&* early on.

Phantom and Jammer have little spats you can tell it is dominance but a few
minute later they are laying back to back trying to see who can take the
most space up. Jammer tried to take over Rumble alpha spot and was
politely chased under daddy's feet with a very stern who do you think you
are whooping by Rumble. ;-)

Rumble I think is still a little mad that Jammer is still here. He only
comes into my room now when the time to be feed has past the time or a
snack. Any other time he is hanging out in the living room or somewhere in
between there and mom's room.

Limo is still fine she still wishes she was the only cat in the house.

Ka'shay aka golden girl has turned a beautiful golden color from her red
tabby shade. I need to get her in for her updated rabies and distemper
shots. She is definite mom's cat. Her and jammer play with each other but
I can tell she still misses her best friend may the furball rest in peace
Spirit. ( I still do myself )tears

Dumplin is dumplin still no comment from me. That is mom's doing letting
him have those bad habits and letting me break him of them

Mom is fine. A pain in the ass but that is nothing new

Ok here is my good news and bad news. Allergies have been extreme for the
last few weeks. I still need to get my head straight I need to do more and
get out more before I head back down the depression highway. I have also
lost a few people recently. My mom's friends husband died of complications
from lung cancer. He beat the cancer but it left him broken and it was his
time. I believe he was in his 50's. We lost a family member; not close, on
Saturday to the normal flu. He had other complications such as COPD and
hillbilly stubbornness did not help. He was 61 I think. He refused to go
to the hospital so it got him. Many of my friends either have the swine
flu or a family member has the swine flu. Even though it has been around
along time. It is still a scary thing. The Doc wants me to have a flu
vaccination I said HELL NO last year it put me in the hospital NEVER
AGAIN.

Good news my sugars are still doing great on the new meds. My tri are up a
bit but that is my fault I have not been taking my fish oil. I got some
news on my gastric surgery I wanted to done to help me with my weight. The
insurance will finally admitted they have to cover but Now comes all the
hurdles to jump through. So it will still be about 8 months to a year
before I fully qualify to have it done. But at least the option is on the
table and out in the open.

So there it is in a nut shell

I am still around lurking ;-)

Old October 29th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for at least some of your problems to be solved.

--

Joy

There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the
bite out of being alone. - Louis J. Camuti

g.com...

Old October 29th 09, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

glad you checked in, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

g.com...

Old October 29th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Matthew wrote:
[...]

We are glad you are lurking. Now, when you consider Mom to be a pain in
the butt, try to think of the one you gave her when you came into this
world! MLB
Old October 29th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
I know that I am in and out. Trying to get my head on straight before I
fully put my time back into the groups. Needed a break from a lot of
things

It's nice to see you again, Matthew.
I'd like to say two things to you. First. Mothers are often a pain in the
butt but appreciate that pain in the butt when you still have it. I miss my
mother terribly.
Second. Don't you dare have gastric surgery to correct your weight. It's a
dangerous short cut to losing weight and it does not help people who've got
used to, just, well, eating too much.
The secret is to learn to eat less over a period of time, unless you want to
endure a major operation that makes your stomach so small that if you eat
more than an couple of tablespoons you will vomit.
So - what to do? Eat less to lose weight over a period of time or have the
gastric operation? Up to you.

Tweed

Old October 29th 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

I love her to death but she drives me nuts.

That is the old stomach surgery. The one I am trying to get uses a band
that is saline filled that wraps around the top part of the stomach where it
connects to the esophagus not cutting of the stomach check it out
http://www.lapband.com/ the new part of the surgeries is all micro
incisions. You go home the next day and back to work in about 2 weeks.

My problem is like a lot of obese people I have been tested and I lack the
chemical that is produced that tells me I am full.
I eat healthy but I can't not try to pronounce or type out the condition it
is but I just can't lose the weight. The weight loss medication makes me
sick as a dog and screws with my sugar levels badly.

I know it is not an instant fix If it was I would never do it. I learned my
life lesson along time ago if it was easy to do than how do you feel
accomplished. It is a way of life it gets you used to the benefits are
that people that have it most with in the first year become non diabetic,
sleep apnea goes away if you have high blood pressure it goes down. Plus
many more benefits. There is a lot of steps to go through like 6 to 8
months of weight and stress management. Therapy and evaluations to go
through. 99% of obese people who try to lose weight fail on their own.
Besides the surgery this gets you in the frame of mind to get the job done
and 40% of the people end up not needing the surgery. I am hoping I can be
one of the 40% if not I know I need help and I want help

Old October 29th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

PLEASE don't have the gastric surgery. If you truly want to lose weight you
can do it without that.
Tweed

Old October 29th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
I know that I am in and out. Trying to get my head on straight before I
fully put my time back into the groups. Needed a break from a lot of
things

So blanket purrs and prayers to all that need them.

Blanket purrs and good thoughts and wishes back atcha. Take care of
yourself. We love you. Am glad that Phantom is better and would love to
see pictures of all of them. Jammer sounds like a hoolikitten after my own
heart. Do you think that Pine Cone is mentally mentoring him?

Pam S. who thinks that Piney would mentor all the wild childs if he could.

Old October 29th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

It's nice to see you again, Matthew.
I'd like to say two things to you. First. Mothers are often a pain in the
butt but appreciate that pain in the butt when you still have it. I miss
my mother terribly.
Second. Don't you dare have gastric surgery to correct your weight. It's
a dangerous short cut to losing weight and it does not help people who've
got used to, just, well, eating too much.
The secret is to learn to eat less over a period of time, unless you want
to endure a major operation that makes your stomach so small that if you
eat more than an couple of tablespoons you will vomit.
So - what to do? Eat less to lose weight over a period of time or have
the gastric operation? Up to you.

Tweed

What right do you have to tell Matthey or anyone what to do? I've seen
Matthew at the dinner table and my 140 lb daughter ate more than he did.
Matthew is a responsible person who is intelligent enough to do the research
and check out his options before proceeding. Don't you think that people
have a right to make their own decisions without you telling them what to
do?

Pam S. disgusted again

Old October 29th 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:

PLEASE don't have the gastric surgery. If you truly want to lose weight you
can do it without that.
Tweed

Losing weight, especially large amounts of weight, is often more
complicated than whether you truly want to or not. If you're constantly
hungry even after gradually reducing your rations and sticking to it for
months, you're *very* likely to binge eat and break your diet because
being hungry all the time is miserable. Many people can get by with
discipline alone, but a small percentage of people *do* need the extra
help that surgery can provide.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://moonglowminnow.wordpress.com/