Pooping Outside the Box?

Old April 28th 12, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Pooping Outside the Box?

This isn't an issue I've run across with Persia before. Years ago when she
had a bladder infection she peed on her blanket so I knew there was a
urinary problem. But pooping outside the box? Never before. (Thankfully,
it's not diarrhea.) One doesn't expect to wake up and find cat poop on the
bath mat. This is very out of character for Persia. She's very fastidious.
I can't think of anything that might be distressing her. She's been extra
playful (and gotten lots of extra attention) during John's visit. I'm
hoping this is simply an anomaly.

Any thoughts?

Jill

Old April 28th 12, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

sometimes indicates constipation, she might be using the matt for enough
grip to empty herself, if you still have the deposite examine it for
hardness and hair content, also it might be a function of her age, start
watching her back legs to see if there is increased stiffness from what it
has been, if she is prone to stifness and she is playing extra her legs
might be tired, and lastly, but i am sure this isn't the reason, did you
leave the box longer than usual to clean it?