Depression from my cats death

Old January 30th 08, 08:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

Default Depression from my cats death

On Jan 28, 5:45�pm, wrote:
On Jan 26, 1:08�pm, "ElvisRocks" wrote: Debbie - So sorry for your loss of Jake. �I have lost 3 cats and my husband
in 5 years. �I know how hard it is. �Hugs, wrote in message

Thank you Carol, it helps to know that others can share your pain.
Hugs back to you.

Oh, yes indeed.. By all means, let's share in each other's pain. Let's
bring in the grief counselors while we're at it. Might even stave off
another school shooting or something equally as screwed us (since this
kind of public display of private emotions has become the fashion)

IBen Getiner
Old January 31st 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

IBen Getiner wrote:
On Jan 28, 5:45�pm, wrote:

On Jan 26, 1:08�pm, "ElvisRocks" wrote: Debbie - So sorry for your loss of Jake. �I have lost 3 cats and my husband

in 5 years. �I know how hard it is. �Hugs, wrote in message

Thank you Carol, it helps to know that others can share your pain.
Hugs back to you.

Oh, yes indeed.. By all means, let's share in each other's pain.

Beats creating pain or making someone's existing pain worse.
Old January 31st 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 28, 4:21*pm, mc wrote:
No other cat will ever take that special place in our
hearts.

You will always be glad you kept the pictures and albums of your kitty
friend. I liked that post, too, from the woman who suggested making an
album with the pictures to give yourself some closure.

My thoughts are with you ;-) Take care ;-)

I don't know if this helps you "theglov" but in this same vein I have
decided to plant a cat friendly memorial garden in Jake's honor with a
memorial stone that I will make myself with his picture embedded in
it. A friend of mine suggested planting a bush; I decided to take it
a step further since I have 3 other furkids and couldn't think of
anything nicer to do for Jake than make a place for him to be
remembered and that his furfamily would gravitate to. Another online
friend of mine told me that plants have metaphysical properties and
suggested that I find a plant that characterizes Jake and plant it. I
really like that idea. A particular plant that symbolizes Jakes
personality. What fun!