I'm Sorry

Old July 20th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Default WHAT HAVE I DONE? :(

"MaryL"
"Kyla =^. .^=`"
Oh dear, what have I done? I certainly meant NO harm when I wrote about
Shirley's death. I'm just sitting here in tears knowing I now have
everyone in the group hating me and that wasn't my intention at all.
Pam, I know Rob has cancer and I am hoping for good results for him,
I am wishing nothing but the best for both him and you Pam.
I'm crying so hard, I can't think straight.
If you all thought it was in bad taste, dreadful, then I guess it was,
but that was not my intention at all. I promise.
I lost my own Mother last August, and it still hurts.
Please forgive me. I'm SO sorry.
Kyla
--in tears because now I've lost all my friends

Kyla,

I'm not sure if I can adequately answer your question about what was wrong
with your letter because my own messages are often poorly received and
receive a negative reaction, but I will try. You certainly are not
"hated" by people on the newsgroup, but some of us did have a negative
reaction to the letter. My mother died last year at the age of 91, and I
immediately thought of her when I saw your message. I believe that you
were trying to be kind and to reassure Grandma Shirley that "everything
was alright." Susan realized that death was near (and had even said that
her Grandma Shirley was "standing near the bridge"), but she also had
asked for purrs to help her grandmother on her journey and had said that
she was a fighter who surprised her nurses by her strength. Susan said in
her message that "she said to me that there was too much that she didn't
want to leave." However, your letter could easily be interpreted as
telling Grandma Shirley that there was no longer much time left. It is
very true that some people *want* to talk about death when the end of life
is imminent, but that is a very delicate matter and should not be broached
by a complete stranger who has no way of knowing if that type of
conversation is what is needed. You did not try to directly contact her,
of course, but your message was written in the manner of something that
was directed to her at the end of her life. Your note was written in a
very personalized style, and I do believe you were trying to convey
support in a difficult time.

Thank you for that MaryL. I appreciate your kind words.
And I understand what you mean.
I am so sorry about the loss of your own Mother.
(((((((((((MaryL))))))))))))))
It's hard when we lose our Mothers, and I believe they are still watching
over us.

I'm not sure if this answer is adequate. As I said, my own messages are
often poorly received and are sometimes interpreted in a way that I did
not intend. That is partly due to the impersonal forum of newsgroups
where we begin to think that we know each other, but words printed on
paper often cannot convey our feelings and sentiments in the same way that
a personal hug and meeting can. You are obviously in pain as a result of
reaction to your letter, but it is clear to me that you did not intend to
be harsh or unkind. I think many others also know that.

MaryL

Yes, I was crying my eyes out, but I honestly meant no harm. I'm not like
that.
Thank you for your kind reply
Kyla

Old July 20th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

I agree with you Granby, and purrs and prayers are lovingly sent for your
son.
And for you.
I would never want to hurt anybody...I'm not like that.
Love
Kyla
"Granby"
MaryL that was a wonderful way of explaining and I want to add one thing.
If someone near and dear to you in geting close to leaving, as my son
might well be, words, however well meant, can hurt and make us look where
we don't want to look.

If you had been close to this lady, I don't think those of us who had this
reaction would have done so in quite the same way.

Old July 20th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Susan M"
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
Oh dear, what have I done? I certainly meant NO harm when I wrote about
Shirley's death. I'm just sitting here in tears knowing I now have
everyone in the group hating me and that wasn't my intention at all.
Pam, I know Rob has cancer and I am hoping for good results for him,
I am wishing nothing but the best for both him and you Pam.
I'm crying so hard, I can't think straight.
If you all thought it was in bad taste, dreadful, then I guess it was,
but that was not my intention at all. I promise.
I lost my own Mother last August, and it still hurts.
Please forgive me. I'm SO sorry.
Kyla
--in tears because now I've lost all my friends

Kyla - I know that everyone is different in how they approach times like
this and I've learned to appreciate the good intent behind each attempt at
comfort.

Susan, I should never have written that letter I am so sorry for your loss
of Grandma Shirley, and I do appreciate you trying to comfort me in 'your'
time of grief.

I'm also sorry about your mother.

Thank you, she was 84, and it will be a year in late
August when she 'went home'.

I have admired Pam and her family for so long. Her unfailing love and
support of her husband, children, and cats is something you can
practically see just from reading her words. She has had to be so strong
for so long. I admire her grace in doing so - her focus on the positive
during such rough times - and her ability to use humour to keep everyone
afloat. Purrs and good thoughts continue to come from my house to theirs.

I too have admired Pam and her family, even tho I've only been here since
March.
And I too am sending her purrs and good thoughts.
Thank you for being kind enough to write me in your time of loss and grief
(((((((((Susan and Family)))))))
You take care too, sweetie.

Take care,

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Kyla
Mosey, Pookie, Pipps and Sqweex

Old July 20th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Default I'm Sorry

"hopitus"
On Jul 19, 7:39 pm, hopitus
On Jul 19, 7:02 pm, Will in New Haven

wrote:
On Jul 19, 6:01 pm, "tanadashoes"
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Jul 19, 3:57 pm, "tanadashoes" :

Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh.
Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam I get the reference (it took me a minute, though)....and it IS
just plain weird, isn't it??
I know you have a wonderfully irreverant sense of humor, and I also
get that you wouldn't ever offend anybody on purpose.
I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.
Oops. Can I say "hell?"
Maybe you offended some people, now you know. Kick yourself around
for
2 seconds then forget about it. But keep your sense of humor. That's
what keeps us sane.

Sherry

===============

I'm sorry. I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and
sent one
back saying I could handle it. And I did. Then I saw that email
from Kyla
to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. That email was
in as
poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said
anything to
her about it. Some of the very people who jumped on the politically
correct
bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. I'll tell you, if Kyla
sends
something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting his last battle,
I'll do
something violent.

There you go. Here I was thinking you had been so terribly wronged,
which you had, and you have to prove that your post wasn't so bad by
attacking my friend, who sincerely means well.

--
Will in New Haven
"The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants, and

If your friend is who it would appear you need to keep it back
in rpcc talking catbabble instead of authoring stuff to hurt
people's feelings...."means well" is getting *way* out of hand
or should I say, "send" finger elsewhere than rpcc.

Gee, thanks...
..I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings, I'm not like that, and wish
nothing but the best for Pam and Rob. Cancer is horrible and I feel so bad
for what Pam is goin thru, Rob too, and I am sending them both my best
wishes for him to get better.
Pam is a wonderful writer, and is going thru a lot, I know.

Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla

Old July 20th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

I thought it was hilarious I could see Pam running around the
neighborhood naked and the look on Rob face while she did that ;-)

Rob, being the uninhibited perv that he is would be using the video
camera with one hand and calling his friends on the cell phone with
the other. I have the hardest time convincing him not to answer the
door in the flesh, so to say.

Pam S.

I'm not sure one can say they have truly lived until someone has done
that when they arrived at the door.

(Had friends who's nudist phase got very old very fast.)

Jo

Old July 20th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 20, 2:46 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
On Jul 19, 3:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. As a person who
appreciates wicked satire it was clear (to me, anyway) that what you
posted was a huge dig at AMERICAN attitudes and the psychology of fear
the current government dispenses to us on a daily basis. I didn't see
it as intending to be offensive to muslims, but definitely intended as
a big pointy jab to those stupid citizens of the gold old USA that
continue to buy into that sort of crap. No matter. There will always
be someone somewhere that will take something the wrong way and find
followers to go down the same path, regardless of what the reality
is.

Anyone care to let the uninitiated know what the hell you're all talking
about? When someone starts a thread like this out of the blue, with no
indication what it refers to, it leaves some of us floundering!- Hide
quoted text -

See thread "Received In My Inbox Today OT, Political, and funny" for a
full
background. But here's a brief synopsis.
Pam posted a joke. Some people thought it was offensive. Some people
didn't.
Kyla posted a letter. Some people thought it was offensive. Some
didn't.
Just to prove we're all so open-minded our brains practically fall out
every time we post, Matthew posted some jokes about "Indians" and
"Mexicans." But Dan
said that was okay. He said we can post any joke we want to, so long
as it's just "mildly" offensive, and advised the ones who didn't like
it "get over it."
This is all my personal interpretation of course. YMMV.

Yep, that pretty well covers it, Sherry.

Tweed

Old July 20th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 20, 4:11*pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:
"hopitus"
Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla- Hide quoted text -

Hate to be a nitpicker, but the quote is "Hell is paved with
good intentions." It isn't scripture. It's a quote by English
poet John Ray.
Correct not, lest ye be corrected, and all that.

Sherry
Old July 20th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Sherry" ...
On Jul 20, 4:11 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" :
"hopitus"
Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla- Hide quoted text -

Hate to be a nitpicker, but the quote is "Hell is paved with
good intentions." It isn't scripture. It's a quote by English
poet John Ray.
Correct not, lest ye be corrected, and all that.

Sherry

Ah, okay thanks then..my mistake.
Been makin a lot of them lately
*sigh*
Hug
Kyla

Old July 20th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Kyla, please don't take this to the other group, there are people hurting
there too and without a lot of posts, it would be hard to explain. Not
saying this to be mean but just don't see what point it would prove.

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message
. ..

Old July 21st 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I could really murk up the waters and post my response to Pam concerning
this email but, won't go there. Best to let sleeping Dogs/cats lay, lie,
whatever.