Update on Sam

Old December 22nd 04, 05:02 AM
Julie Cook

Default Update on Sam

I am so glad that I took Sam to TED this afternoon. Part of my mind
told me Sam was just trying to hork up a hairball but my instincts said
something else was wrong. It turns out Sam has a cold. His lymph nodes
are enlarged, he has watery eyes and a cough. Fortunately he doesn't
have a fever so we caught it early I think. He has his appetite and
still runs and plays between coughing spells. TED gave him a shot of
penicillin and methyprednisone and I have amoxycillin to give him twice
daily until the bottle is empty. Sam is a very laid back cat and
accepts whatever is done to him without complaint so I don't think I'll
have too much trouble dosing him. He weighs 13.2 lbs now, wooohooo! He
was 10.8 lbs when we first brought him inside and his hip bones and
shoulder blades were very prominent. He looks so very much better now.

Thanks everyone for the purrs, Sam and I appreciate them very much.

Julie and Sam
Old December 22nd 04, 06:43 AM
Julie Cook

Karen Chuplis wrote:
in article , Julie Cook at
wrote on 12/21/04 11:02 PM:

[...]

I think this is a bad season for kitty colds! Pearl has finally stopped
sneezing, but she definitely had a bit of something for a week or so. Since
it got better, and she had just had her shots and a check up, we didn't go
back, but I've been reading about an awful lot of kitties that seem to be
getting URIs. I'm so glad that Sam is doing so well. We need new piccies!

Thanks, Karen! I'm hoping I can contain this cold to Sam only. Actually
since no one cuddles with Sam (except us hoomans), I'm thinking that
containment might not be a problem. Actually, only Hobbes and Selena
are cuddlers so Sam isn't being cast out or anything. They do all eat
together and I'm thinking of moving Sam's bowl across the room for the
time being. Purrs coming to Pearl from Sam, we're glad to hear she's
feeling better now. I do need to take some new pics of Sam. I'll do
that over the holiday break.

Julie
Old December 22nd 04, 07:45 AM
Marina

Julie Cook wrote:

[...]

So glad that it was something easily treatable like that. Many purrs for
Sam's cough to go away soon. Hope the medication continues to be easy.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 22nd 04, 10:13 PM
polonca12000

Continued purrs and best wishes for Sam to recover completely and soon,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
I am so glad that I took Sam to TED this afternoon. Part of my mind
told me Sam was just trying to hork up a hairball but my instincts said
something else was wrong. It turns out Sam has a cold. snip

Old December 23rd 04, 03:05 AM
Julie Cook

Cheryl wrote:

On Wed 22 Dec 2004 12:02:34a, Julie Cook wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I am so glad that I took Sam to TED this afternoon. Part of my
mind told me Sam was just trying to hork up a hairball but my
instincts said something else was wrong. It turns out Sam has a
cold.

Purrs for Sam's cold to go away soon. It's so worrisome to see them
ill.

Thanks for the purrs, Cheryl. Sam seems to be doing better already. I
haven't heard him cough since we returned from the vet. I suspect the
steroids are helping with that. I thought he'd be easy to medicate. Ha!
This morning I gave him his first dose. I was so impressed with how
well he took it, even though he did walk away and turn his back to me.
I fed everyone and went to get the water fountain reservoir to fill.
When I came back into the kitchen I found a small pink pool where Sam
had spit his meds out. sigh Tonight I had to scruff him to get him to
take them but swallow he did. I made sure of that.

Again, thank you for the purrs, they are really appreciated.

Julie and Sam
Old December 23rd 04, 04:40 PM
Adrian

Julie Cook wrote:
[...]

I'm glad you caught it early. Purrs for a quick recovery.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 23rd 04, 05:06 PM
Marina

Julie Cook wrote:

Thanks for the purrs, Cheryl. Sam seems to be doing better already. I
haven't heard him cough since we returned from the vet. I suspect the
steroids are helping with that. I thought he'd be easy to medicate. Ha!
This morning I gave him his first dose. I was so impressed with how
well he took it, even though he did walk away and turn his back to me. I
fed everyone and went to get the water fountain reservoir to fill. When
I came back into the kitchen I found a small pink pool where Sam had
spit his meds out. sigh Tonight I had to scruff him to get him to
take them but swallow he did. I made sure of that.

Again, thank you for the purrs, they are really appreciated.

aww, he can be a sly little beggar then, when he wants to. Purrs for
successful medications. Nice to hear that the cough seems better.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 01:03 AM
Update on Abby the Lazarus cat :-) AJ Cat health & behaviour 46 February 2nd 04 01:36 AM
Update on Tiffany & New Pictures. Flippy Cat anecdotes 21 February 1st 04 05:52 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 11:01 AM
Natasha Update Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 14 August 22nd 03 06:30 PM