Oh Dear!

Old August 14th 05, 06:04 PM
CatNipped

Default Oh Dear!

I am *SO* terribly behind in reading posts (450 unread!!). I promise I'll
try to catch up soon and start posting, but in the meantime, know that I am
reading purr requests and I'm sending quiet purrs to all who need them!

I haven't been posting because I'm still battling depression (I'm counting
the days until I can get in to see my doctor on the 31st - and thanks,
Howard, for giving me several medication alternatives to discuss with him
that might help the fibromyalgia pain). I'm even at the point of writing
(*BAD*) poetry - for me that's really almost rock bottom! ;

Oh top of that I feel so bad and *SO* guilty for what I did last night /
this morning. I had to cut the grass yesterday and then when DH got home,
around 6PM, I made him go out and use the leaf-blower (I can't control the
thing and tend to p*ss off the neighbors when I try). Because he had to
leave the garage door open, I locked the cat door into the rest of the house
so Jessie wouldn't try her usual escape.

The problem was I forgot to UNlock it after he was done. It wasn't until
this morning when Bandit huffed past me with an indignant *MEW* and
proceeded to pee (a *LOT*) in the corner of my bedroom, right in front of
me, that I realized what I had done. Oh man, I can't believe my poor old
girl had to hold it so long she couldn't hold it any more. She has *never*
urinated outside her litter box in all the 15 years of her life. Having
been forced to do so must have been very humiliating for her. I apologized
profusely, but she hasn't forgiven me yet. Now I have to go find some
Nature's Miracle before any of the other girls decide to mark that spot with
*their* scent.

After I did open the cat door, there was a line at the litter boxes! I
guess the younger girls were just better at holding it or since, unlike
Bandit, they go during the day, they didn't have to hold it as long (Bandit
sleeps all day and waits until evening to make one *huge* clump).

Anyway, shame on me for being such a bad meowmie!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 14th 05, 08:35 PM
Christina Websell

Lori, I shall send you a private mail in reply to this. Not because it's
anything I could not share with the group but it's depression related and
cats are on topic here.
Speak to you soon.

Tweed

Old August 14th 05, 09:29 PM
wafflycat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I am *SO* terribly behind in reading posts (450 unread!!). I promise I'll
try to catch up soon and start posting, but in the meantime, know that I
am
reading purr requests and I'm sending quiet purrs to all who need them!

I'm permanently behind in the reading of posts!

I haven't been posting because I'm still battling depression (I'm counting
the days until I can get in to see my doctor on the 31st - and thanks,
Howard, for giving me several medication alternatives to discuss with him
that might help the fibromyalgia pain). I'm even at the point of writing
(*BAD*) poetry - for me that's really almost rock bottom! ;

Depression can be a PITA to cope with - best of luck in finding what works
for you.

[...]

Give her some of her favourite treat food, and you'll be forgiven quickly.

After I did open the cat door, there was a line at the litter boxes! I
guess the younger girls were just better at holding it or since, unlike
Bandit, they go during the day, they didn't have to hold it as long
(Bandit
sleeps all day and waits until evening to make one *huge* clump).

Anyway, shame on me for being such a bad meowmie!

I've ended up having each of the cats overnight in the garage in error. I
blame them as I've called them before closing the door, so if they find it
more interetsing in there... Waffles loves being up in the rafters of the
garage roof, silly cat. Anyhow, that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 14th 05, 10:15 PM
Adrian

wafflycat wrote:

I've ended up having each of the cats overnight in the garage in
error. I blame them as I've called them before closing the door, so
if they find it more interetsing in there... Waffles loves being up
in the rafters of the garage roof, silly cat. Anyhow, that's my
excuse & I'm sticking to it ;-)

How can you blame them! Whenever something goes wrong, it's always the
hoomin's fault.

Purrs, Snoopy

Old August 15th 05, 11:12 AM
polonca12000

I'm so sorry to hear you are still so depressed. Is there no way you can see
your doctor earlier?
Don't be so hard on yourself for forgetting to unlock the cat door, that
could happen to anyone.
Lots of best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old August 15th 05, 11:23 PM
Enfilade

CatNipped wrote:
I am *SO* terribly behind in reading posts (450 unread!!). I promise I'll
try to catch up soon and start posting, but in the meantime, know that I am
reading purr requests and I'm sending quiet purrs to all who need them!

Don't worry about reading posts and such...it is our turn to be purring
for you.

I'll even get some dark purrs for you, after Nox forgives us for going
to the amusement park on Sunday instead of spending the day worshipping
her.

--Fil