Kenzie and the potato chips

Old July 6th 04, 06:45 PM
Melissa Houle

(Gandalf) wrote in message SNIP
SNIP

So this afternoon, I found that Kenzie had had a little potato chip orgy
at some point, tearing into the bag and eating many potato chips. She
then proceeded to take a nap curled up on the almost empty potato chip
bag. Ther were potato chip crumbs all over the (thankfully dark) chair
seat, (but almost none on the floor).

The sight of Kenzie curled up sleeping on an almost empty bag of potato
chips had me laughing almost to tears.

She woke at the sound of my laughter, with that 'what's wrong with you
look' on her face, and proceeded to *eat what potato chips were left*!

All in all, I think Kenzie has had a better 4th of July celebration than
I did!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Isadora was also a great potato chip/crisp fancier. I remember one
lunch, when I'd bought myself a single serving size bag of chips as a
treat, but was interrupted by a phone call in the other room midway
through lunch. When I came back to the dining room, there was no bag
of chips on the table, but there WAS a self-propelled bag of chips
scooching all over the kitchen floor, with Izzy's tail and hind legs
sticking out the open end! The bag was mostly empty at that point,
luckily, but she was going to get every last CRUMB. She also adored
white cheddar cheese popcorn--she would climb me to get it. Francesca
also shows signs of loving the cheddar popcorn, although she hasn't
had a chance to sample chips, yet. (I think it's probably best she
doesn't while she's still a nursing mommy.) Pan sort of sniffs, takes
a lick or two, then walks away to show his complete indifference. He's
a patsy for hot buttered toast, though. Or butter in any form at all.
I have to keep my butter dish in the cabinet out of his reach, as I've
had two butter dishes fall to their deaths on the kitchen floor.
Cleaning up soft butter with splinters of glass embedded in it is one
of the nastier jobs I've tackled.

Melissa
Old July 6th 04, 08:26 PM
Mischief

Mischief like potato chips. My roommate and I try not to buy them a
lot because they won't last very long. But when we do, Mischief needs
to have at least one. And good luck retrieving any chips that fall on
the floor. When an errant chip falls on the floor, if you try to find
it, all you'll find is crumbs.

Kristi

Old July 8th 04, 01:44 PM
jemifur

Pepper could care less about potato chips, but Simba LOVES them. He
likes for you to hold a chip for him so he can take little bites. It
always makes me laugh to see a cat crunching away on a potato chip.

So this afternoon, I found that Kenzie had had a little potato chip orgy
at some point, tearing into the bag and eating many potato chips. She
then proceeded to take a nap curled up on the almost empty potato chip
bag. Ther were potato chip crumbs all over the (thankfully dark) chair
seat, (but almost none on the floor).

The sight of Kenzie curled up sleeping on an almost empty bag of potato
chips had me laughing almost to tears.

She woke at the sound of my laughter, with that 'what's wrong with you
look' on her face, and proceeded to *eat what potato chips were left*!

All in all, I think Kenzie has had a better 4th of July celebration than
I did!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

\\

Old July 10th 04, 12:05 PM
Richard

Some people said things, and then:-
Kreisleriana added

Stinky likes the strangest flavors. He loves sour cream and onion,
and there are some very exotic cheedar cheese flavor ones he likes
too. The same goes for rice and popcorn cakes.

That's all very well, says me, having just tried Sally on Ready Salted
to no avail, but WHO is going to EAT those strange concoctions if Sally
refuses them? Not me, I can tell you that much for free.

--
Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

In a whiskey it's age, in a cigarette it's taste and in a sports car
it's impossible