Braphobia

Old July 7th 04, 05:21 PM
O J

On Wed, 7 July, Pat wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
Could this be some kind of trauma carried over from a past life, perhaps?

There are many things that happen that go unaccounted for. One
of them is the behavior of cats. I've seen my Lady Jane Grey do that
behavior with stuffed animals.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old July 7th 04, 06:53 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:00:21 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

When Baby Eyes finds a brassiere laying around, she seems sure it's a deadly
thing. I try to keep the camcorder handy for such times but so far I've
failed to capture her unusual reaction.

First, she glares at it for a while, then she tentatively reaches out a paw
and leaves it hanging in the air above it while considering what to do.
Then, she takes a very fast and hard swat and recoils the paw instantly,
leaping backwards to get clear of it. Presumably, the bra will bite off her
paw if it can catch it. After a few more minutes of watching, she delivers a
series of rapid-fire swats, apparently intended to render the innocent cloth
unconscious.

She's so terrified of my underwear that even giving it such a beating with
no backlash from the bra, she will not walk past it; I have to pick it up
and move it out of her sight.

Could this be some kind of trauma carried over from a past life, perhaps?

I don't know the answer, but, boy, were the pictures conjured up by
this post funny!

Ginger-lyn
who will probably never see some such thing with her kitties, since
she hasn't worn a bra since 1972 . . .

Old July 7th 04, 09:46 PM
Pat

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message

I don't know the answer, but, boy, were the pictures conjured up by
this post funny!

Ginger, it's as hilarious as you can imagine, and I promise you that someday
I WILL catch this on video and post the clip!

Old July 7th 04, 10:59 PM
Pat

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Pat" wrote:
Since when does a bra resemble a snake??

Maybe a snake that has just gotten to a bird's nest and eaten two
eggs?

ROFLMAO. I get it now.... In her past life, Baby Eyes climbed a tree to
invade a bird's nest and was attacked by the snake that got there first!

Old July 8th 04, 03:53 AM
William Hamblen

On 2004-07-07, O J wrote:
There are many things that happen that go unaccounted for. One
of them is the behavior of cats. I've seen my Lady Jane Grey do that
behavior with stuffed animals.

Years ago our old cat noticed for the first time the black Bakelite
knob on a heater thermostat. He carefully approached the knob and
put out a paw to gingerly touch it. Then he thoroughly sniffed it.
Satisfied it wsn't good to eat (I think he thought it was some sort of
mouse), he ignored it from that time forward.

Old July 8th 04, 03:53 AM
William Hamblen

Old July 8th 04, 08:14 AM
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
When Baby Eyes finds a brassiere laying around, she seems sure it's a
deadly thing.

Need I mention I have a similar reaction to brassieries? They are
implements of *torture* designed by men who think there is nothing more fun
than making a woman wear such uncomfortable things and call it "sexy".

Of course, this is coming from a woman who knows she lived in the 12th
century, again in the 17th and probably in the 19th and and wears corsets
comfortably without batting an eye.

Your Baby Eve cat knows bras don't have strings and laces on them so they
aren't cat toys; therefore they are something to be feared

Jill