Cat Cruelty - sorry, using rpchb as a support group again...

Old October 16th 05, 01:30 AM
Brian Link

Default Cat Cruelty - sorry, using rpchb as a support group again...

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:26:35 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Lorraine" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:51:54 -0400,
wrote:

More important to get your speed up and improve your balance. Then
take out his kneecap if he steps too close.

I was thinking that Brian was a powerlifter, but yeah, your way might
work better.

I see. You're thinking a pint instead of a mug? 16 oz instead of 12, maybe?

Where'd this booze thing come from? A remnant of the Mary wars? How
odd.

BLink
Old October 16th 05, 11:16 AM
Lorraine

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:29:43 -0500, Brian Link wrote:

Heh - not a powerlifter, I just like lifting heavy pieces of metal.
Even if I was, a 40+ year old with gym work is still no match for a 20
year old farm-hand.

I thought you had actually done a meet or two. I haven't been lurking
around MFW for over a year, so I'm probably confused.

L.

Old October 17th 05, 05:37 AM
Brian Link

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 05:16:12 -0500, Lorraine
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:29:43 -0500, Brian Link wrote:

Heh - not a powerlifter, I just like lifting heavy pieces of metal.
Even if I was, a 40+ year old with gym work is still no match for a 20
year old farm-hand.

I thought you had actually done a meet or two. I haven't been lurking
around MFW for over a year, so I'm probably confused.

L.

Na, I'm the old fart who hit 40 completely out of shape, and used
resistance training to regain a semblance of health.

Started out 180 lbs @ 24% bodyfat, made it to 200 lbs @ 10% bodyfat. I
wear smaller pants, but couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag,
unless I got the guy on the ground.

Though the thought of getting this little ****er in choke-hold is
really appealing, it wouldn't solve anything.

BLink
Old October 17th 05, 11:55 PM

IBen Getiner wrote:
wrote:
-L. wrote:
wrote:
I know no-one will agree with me, but I have to say it anyway. I am a
vegetarian (gasp), and I love cats, but can see no difference towards
eating cats and dogs and other animals. I just don't get it. I first
started to question things when I went to feed the ducks in our local
park, then guess what mum had made for dinner that night? I see all
animals the same, whether they're pets or domesticated or not. It's so
easy these days to buy a piece of meat, fish etc, frozen and packaged,
and forget where it actually comes from.

Rant over

Marcia

I agree and I'm not veg. Cultural differences are just that - cultural
differences. It's the treatment of the animals that concerns me more
than anything else. I just wish that they were all humanely raised and
slaughtered. Most aren't.

-L.

That's the main reason I went veggie, cos I'm against the factory
farming side of things, I've seen some really gross outrageous films of
the way animals are treated, with no compassion at all. If an animal
could die of old age I would eat it (I know, I know it would taste
disgusting so I won't). I don't even buy leather anymore, couldn't
justify it as I wasn't eating beef. I'm a hypocrite though, as I
should really be a vegan as I'm told dairy farming is cruel too, and I
can't be 100% sure that my "free range" eggs really are that kind,
sigh, one day I'll do it.

IOW: "I'm a bleeding heart, knee-jerk NUT-CASE"

Awww, have I hit the feeling guilty must attack nerve?

Old October 18th 05, 05:42 AM
IBen Getiner

wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:
wrote:
-L. wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You give youR puny pitiful little intellect far to much credit, dear...
What you hit was the 'stand there and shake your head and laugh at the
FREAK' nerve.
LOL...!!

Hahhh...! Hahhh....!! Heeeeee..!!! Haaaaaa!! LOL..!!!

Old October 18th 05, 12:09 PM
IBen Getiner

wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:
wrote:
-L. wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You give your puny, pitiful little intellect far too much credit,