cheapest place to buy wellness?

Old September 20th 04, 03:27 AM
Rob

Default cheapest place to buy wellness?

Giant thanks to Megan for spending her time on the phone tonight helping my
wife and I out with our cats' diet. I need to buy lots of Wellness. The
cheapest I've been able to find it is actually locally for $20.99/case of 24
5.5oz cans ($0.87/can). I almost ALWAYS find products cheaper on the
internet with froogle or shopping.yahoo.com or dealtime or others, but I'm
having zero luck with this one. I've found it slightly cheaper per can
($0.83), but once shipping is added in, it's way over. Anyone have any luck
with buying it online, or stores that carry it that take coupons or some
such? Thanks!

Old September 20th 04, 05:02 AM
Rob

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article 8er3d.2764$HH5.509@trndny05, Rob at wrote on
9/19/04 9:27 PM:

Giant thanks to Megan for spending her time on the phone tonight helping
my
wife and I out with our cats' diet. I need to buy lots of Wellness. The
cheapest I've been able to find it is actually locally for $20.99/case of
24
5.5oz cans ($0.87/can). I almost ALWAYS find products cheaper on the
internet with froogle or shopping.yahoo.com or dealtime or others, but
I'm
having zero luck with this one. I've found it slightly cheaper per can
($0.83), but once shipping is added in, it's way over. Anyone have any
luck
with buying it online, or stores that carry it that take coupons or some
such? Thanks!

I don't know what it works out to, but if you buy from Petfooddirect.com,
they start sending you 20% and 13% off coupons by email quite regularly.
For
me it just about knocks off shipping on my Petguard but it is still
cheaper
than buying it at the store. Right now, it is almost even, and less hassle
for me to buy it at the store, but if the price increases, it will
*definitely* be cheaper. You could check it out anyway.

the coupons could make the difference. i had that website on my list, the
cheapest way to buy there is the 12.5 oz cans, so i had to break it
down to price per oz. locally it would be .151 cents/oz, thru petfooddirect
before shipping it's .133cents/oz, but add in shipping and youre
at .179cents/oz. Knock 20% and you're at .143cents/oz which is about a 5%
savings and no gas money spent driving 15 miles to the
pet store. Are the coupons one use only with a personal code, or something
you can share? Thanks for letting me know they do that.

Old September 20th 04, 08:16 AM
MaryL

"Rob" wrote in message news:eDs3d.2954$uz1.1194@trndny03...

[...]

I also buy online through
www.petfooddirect.com. Once you are on their
list, they will frequently send either 13% or 20% discount codes. You have
to read your email regularly because each code is valid for only 2 or 3
days. I called their toll-free number the first time I ordered and asked if
I would be eligible for the discount. The woman I talked to was very
helpful and gave me the 20% discount. In fact, she had to search through
her database to get the correct code because it seems that they send
different codes to different regions. They ship promptly, and everything is
carefully packed.

I order both Wellness (several varieties) and Felidae from Petfooddirect.
Felidae costs $21.49 for a case of 24 5.5 oz. cans; Wellness costs. $23.49
for a case of 24 5.5 oz. cans. The 20% discount is almost the exact
equivalent of shipping. This means that your local price is slightly
less -- and you are getting the best price I have seen so far (a very good
buy if you are able to get several varieties). Unfortunately, neither
Wellness nor Felidae is carried in any store within reasonable driving
distance, so I order mine delivered. It would be slightly cheapter in the
12.5 oz. cans, but I find the 5.5 oz. cans to be more convenient.

You have made a good selection for you cat food. I had to be patient and
persistent when I changed Holly and Duffy's diet from freefed dry food to
carefully measured canned food, but it has been well worth it. Both cats
are now satisfied with their food, and they are thriving. They are healthy,
energetic, and have beautiful coats. Holly's dandruff completely
disappeared, and their weight is now completely stable.

Good luck!

MaryL

Old September 20th 04, 02:19 PM
Rene

"Rob" wrote in message news:8er3d.2764$HH5.509@trndny05...
Giant thanks to Megan for spending her time on the phone tonight helping my
wife and I out with our cats' diet. I need to buy lots of Wellness. The
cheapest I've been able to find it is actually locally for $20.99/case of 24
5.5oz cans ($0.87/can). I almost ALWAYS find products cheaper on the
internet with froogle or shopping.yahoo.com or dealtime or others, but I'm
having zero luck with this one. I've found it slightly cheaper per can
($0.83), but once shipping is added in, it's way over. Anyone have any luck
with buying it online, or stores that carry it that take coupons or some
such? Thanks!

Hello!

Megan has been helping me too--and I'm (er, the cats) are now on
Wellness too. Your local price sounds decent. The cheapest I found in
my area is .95 per can, so I'm buying locally. However, I discovered a
friend, who lives an hour away, found it for .85 per can--so whenever
we visit each other I'll stock up.

Another thought--do any of your local stores have "punch cards" or
discount cards. The one I'm using has a punch card that, once it's
filled you get a discount on the next purchase. It's a little
something anyway.

Rene