Cat Cruelty - sorry, using rpchb as a support group again...

Old October 13th 05, 06:42 PM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:04:11 -0400, dgk wrote:

On 12 Oct 2005 22:24:47 -0700, wrote:

Brian Link wrote:
Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.

A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
that killed it.

That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.

Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
though. I can't stop thinking about it.

This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
there the next year.

Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.

BLink

So what kind of man did the cousin grow up to be?

Most likely a serial murderer. Folks who torture animals are just sick. If
I need to kill something, like a roach, I just kill it, not torture it.
But I open up screens to let flies out of my house if they manage to end
up inside rather than kill them.

Flies. If you close off all light sources except one to the outside,
the fly will go to that light source. Then open the door/window and it
will fly out. This is much easier than running around with a swatter
trying to kill it (which is also messy). This is not an humane act on my
part -- I HATE flies and wish them extinct. MLB

Old October 14th 05, 03:56 AM
Snittens

"Brian Link" wrote in message
Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.

A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
that killed it.

That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.

Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
though. I can't stop thinking about it.

This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
there the next year.

Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.

BLink

That cousin has something seriously wrong with him. Being rural and seeing
cats as vermin is no excuse. I think rats are vermin, but I don't torture
them to death. Anyone who tortures an animal is sick. I'm sorry you son
had to witness that.

-Kelly

Old October 14th 05, 09:33 AM
IBen Getiner

Brian Link wrote:
Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.

A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
that killed it.

That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.

Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
though. I can't stop thinking about it.

This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
there the next year.

Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.

BLink

You are a feminized moron, dude... That or a screwy woman in desperate
need of the proper hormonal balance. Get a friggin' life... There's a
REAL world out there that you could be participating in...

IBen

Old October 14th 05, 09:33 AM
-L.

Snittens wrote:

That cousin has something seriously wrong with him.

Seriously. The boy's ploidy ain't right.

-L.

Old October 15th 05, 08:15 AM
IBen Getiner

-L. wrote:
wrote:
I know no-one will agree with me, but I have to say it anyway. I am a
vegetarian (gasp), and I love cats, but can see no difference towards
eating cats and dogs and other animals. I just don't get it. I first
started to question things when I went to feed the ducks in our local
park, then guess what mum had made for dinner that night? I see all
animals the same, whether they're pets or domesticated or not. It's so
easy these days to buy a piece of meat, fish etc, frozen and packaged,
and forget where it actually comes from.

Rant over

Marcia

I agree and I'm not veg. Cultural differences are just that - cultural
differences. It's the treatment of the animals that concerns me more
than anything else. I just wish that they were all humanely raised and
slaughtered. Most aren't.

-L.

That's the main reason I went veggie, cos I'm against the factory
farming side of things, I've seen some really gross outrageous films of
the way animals are treated, with no compassion at all. If an animal
could die of old age I would eat it (I know, I know it would taste
disgusting so I won't). I don't even buy leather anymore, couldn't
justify it as I wasn't eating beef. I'm a hypocrite though, as I
should really be a vegan as I'm told dairy farming is cruel too, and I
can't be 100% sure that my "free range" eggs really are that kind,
sigh, one day I'll do it.

IOW: "I'm a bleeding heart, knee-jerk NUT-CASE"