Aggressive Cat and Kittens - Part 2

Old August 3rd 05, 02:36 AM
Kitkat

Arjun Ray wrote:

Did you mean this one?

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...imgid=19351489

Yes. That is THE one! Awesome.

Also, I spent quite a bit of time last night looking at ALL of your
pictures. I cried when I was looking at the album of Scruffy not doing
so well. Your cats are all beautiful. Thanks for doing all that you do
for cats.

Pam
Old August 3rd 05, 02:52 AM
Arjun Ray

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 01:36:29 GMT, Kitkat
wrote:
| Arjun Ray wrote:
|
| Did you mean this one?
|
| http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...imgid=19351489
|
| Yes. That is THE one! Awesome.

I like it too. The other one I like is the two of napping on the
newspapers (my not so bright idea on recycling day.)

My hard drive crashed in mid July, during Scruffy's last days. A
total loss, according to the data recovery service I sent the drive
to. So, I lost a whole bunch of pictures, especially others like this
one (where Scruffy would go find where Phoenix was napping and join
him.) Another one was a classic, three cats jammed together on my
chair.

| Also, I spent quite a bit of time last night looking at ALL of your
| pictures. I cried when I was looking at the album of Scruffy not doing
| so well.

That album is unfinished. This last weekend was one year since. I
looked at the pictures again, and started cropping some to put up. I
have another six days worth to go.

| Your cats are all beautiful.

Thanks! I'm fostering a cat now, and it's all but certain that I'll
keep him, bringing me back up to four. He's an old toothless stray we
trapped along with the ferals during a TNR project. His name is Hugo.
Pictures soon.

Old August 3rd 05, 03:08 AM
Kitkat

wrote:
| Arjun Ray wrote:
|
| Did you mean this one?
|
| http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...imgid=19351489
|
| Yes. That is THE one! Awesome.

I like it too. The other one I like is the two of napping on the
newspapers (my not so bright idea on recycling day.)

My hard drive crashed in mid July, during Scruffy's last days. A
total loss, according to the data recovery service I sent the drive
to. So, I lost a whole bunch of pictures, especially others like this
one (where Scruffy would go find where Phoenix was napping and join
him.) Another one was a classic, three cats jammed together on my
chair.

| Also, I spent quite a bit of time last night looking at ALL of your
| pictures. I cried when I was looking at the album of Scruffy not doing
| so well.

That album is unfinished. This last weekend was one year since. I
looked at the pictures again, and started cropping some to put up. I
have another six days worth to go.

| Your cats are all beautiful.

Thanks! I'm fostering a cat now, and it's all but certain that I'll
keep him, bringing me back up to four. He's an old toothless stray we
trapped along with the ferals during a TNR project. His name is Hugo.
Pictures soon.

I may have missed this...I take it that Scruffy is now over the RB?

I have a toothless furfriend myself. All he has left are his front
fangs. Combine that with being blind and deaf...and wow! But he rules. I
mean, he really is the awesomest. I've posted links to many pix of him
before but I am not sure if you were around to see them. Here he is just
in case!

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m.../dscf0007.html

Pam
Old August 3rd 05, 03:25 AM
Arjun Ray

Yes, July 29 2004. http://tinyurl.com/7j7u3

| I have a toothless furfriend myself. All he has left are his front
| fangs.

That's still something. All four of Hugo's canines were broken off at
the gumline. I had a dental done, and the two lower ones were taken
out completely.

| Combine that with being blind and deaf...and wow! But he rules. I
| mean, he really is the awesomest. I've posted links to many pix of him
| before but I am not sure if you were around to see them. Here he is just
| in case!
|
| http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m.../dscf0007.html

How old is he? Being deaf must be especially tough for him. Some
blind cats are amazing in the ways they cope (e.g, MaryL's Duffy) but
at least they can hear. What special precautions do you take for him?
Old August 3rd 05, 04:07 AM
Kitkat

wrote:

| I may have missed this...I take it that Scruffy is now over the RB?

Yes, July 29 2004. http://tinyurl.com/7j7u3

| I have a toothless furfriend myself. All he has left are his front
| fangs.

That's still something. All four of Hugo's canines were broken off at
the gumline. I had a dental done, and the two lower ones were taken
out completely.

| Combine that with being blind and deaf...and wow! But he rules. I
| mean, he really is the awesomest. I've posted links to many pix of him
| before but I am not sure if you were around to see them. Here he is just
| in case!
|
| http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m.../dscf0007.html

How old is he? Being deaf must be especially tough for him. Some
blind cats are amazing in the ways they cope (e.g, MaryL's Duffy) but
at least they can hear. What special precautions do you take for him?

He is going on 13 we believe. (If not 13, then 14...vet records are
unclear) Even being deaf, his coping abilities amaze me. He just has an
internal map of our home and he manages to get around, find his food,
find the litter box and find places to sleep, including our bed. We
don't really take many extra precautions. Of course, we try to keep
things in their place, but just recently, we got some new living room
furniture and I know it screwed up his little internal map. I felt
terrible for him, but he is getting there. We also do things like tap
the floor and make extra noise so he knows we are there. Mostly we just
give him as much love as we can. He had a bad bout with pancreatitis in
the winter as well. He is such a little fighter and despite all of the
hardships he has faced, seems to be content and very, very loving. We
have only had him just about a year now. His mommy was an old lady who
died and she was a friend of the family, so we took him. And we love him
dearly.

Pam
Old August 3rd 05, 06:04 AM
Snittens

"Kitkat" wrote

Also, I spent quite a bit of time last night looking at ALL of your
pictures. I cried when I was looking at the album of Scruffy not doing so
well. Your cats are all beautiful. Thanks for doing all that you do for
cats.

Pam

I cried about Pumpkin. :*(
I really need to organize my cat pics. I was looking for a picture the
other day and ran across a ton of foster kitten pictures. I tried to take
pics of all the fosters I had, but lost track sometimes.

-Kelly

Old August 3rd 05, 06:17 AM
Kitkat

Snittens wrote:
"Kitkat" wrote

Also, I spent quite a bit of time last night looking at ALL of your
pictures. I cried when I was looking at the album of Scruffy not doing so
well. Your cats are all beautiful. Thanks for doing all that you do for
cats.

Pam

I cried about Pumpkin. :*(

Pumpkin definitely hit close to home for me...ya know...the whole blind,
deaf thing. Gosh, poor kitties.

I really need to organize my cat pics. I was looking for a picture the
other day and ran across a ton of foster kitten pictures. I tried to take
pics of all the fosters I had, but lost track sometimes.

I have so many pix of Jasper and Luna (way more of Luna since Ive had
her for 7 yrs) I dont think I could organize them. hehe.

Pam

Old August 4th 05, 07:16 AM
Arjun Ray

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 05:17:52 GMT, Kitkat
wrote:
| Snittens wrote:

| I cried about Pumpkin. :*(
|
| Pumpkin definitely hit close to home for me...ya know...the whole
| blind, deaf thing. Gosh, poor kitties.

Yes, Pumpkin was a tragic case. We also lost a kitten named Red the
same week, we suspect from the same bug. It was our only serious
mistake in the Rikers project (we allowed the ferals from a TNR
project in the Bronx to be transported to Rikers and held there for
the S/N day. Two cats from that group also succumbed to something:
the outward signs were pneumoniac, but one vet suspected calici.)

Pumpkin himself was also most likely the statistical exception to our
generally clean record on the project. As far as we know, he walked
into a trap on his own steam. His problems surfaced after the
neutering. Maybe they screwed up the anaesthesia. Maybe he was
susceptible to begin with. Who knows. Everything was strange about
him, including the fact that he was the only classic orange tabby we
caught during the entire project.