Happy cat!

Old December 30th 05, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Happy cat!

Velcro is a snuffly cat, and has been for the several years we've had
him. He is also hard to pill. As a result, he gets his drugs tuna
flavored or transdermal.

We have now learned about Lysine (an amino acid) that should
shortcircuit the herpes virus that is apparently causing him so much
trouble. However, because he is so congested, he's also getting another
round of steroids (tuna flavored), which he considers a treat.

When picking up the steroids from the compounding pharmacy, I asked if I
could buy some of the tuna flavoring. I now have a WHOLE PINT in the
fridge, which I can mix the lysine powder into.

Velcro is so happy. He gets his treats...and will continue to for quite
a while.

His moms are happy because we get the stuff into him with minimal
problems, and because it seems to be helping!!!!

Kalynnda,
owned by one fat, furry, snuffly boy and six other furry freeloaders
Old December 30th 05, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kalynnda Berens wrote:

We have now learned about Lysine (an amino acid) that should
shortcircuit the herpes virus that is apparently causing him so much
trouble. However, because he is so congested, he's also getting another
round of steroids (tuna flavored), which he considers a treat.

I give Roxy (who also has feline herpes) Lysine every day. I mix it
with either chicken or ham flavored baby food. Just a teaspoon of the
food, with one capsule's worth of the Lysine (250mg), twice a day.
She doesn't even know she's getting medicine - she thinks it's her
twice-a-day special treat!

When picking up the steroids from the compounding pharmacy, I asked if I
could buy some of the tuna flavoring. I now have a WHOLE PINT in the
fridge, which I can mix the lysine powder into.

Hmm... that's good to know about, too. She might get sick of the baby
food some day.

Velcro is so happy. He gets his treats...and will continue to for quite
a while.
His moms are happy because we get the stuff into him with minimal
problems, and because it seems to be helping!!!!

That's great. Roxy seems to be sneezing a lot less, and has more energy
since I've been giving her the Lysine, about 4 months.

Joyce
Old December 30th 05, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kalynnda Berens wrote:
[...]

That's great! I wish that were available here, too. Not that I need it
now, but in case I have to medicate the cats in future.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi