OT Eurovision Song Contest

Old March 14th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Eurovision Song Contest

"Marina" wrote in message

And Finland is the only country (I think) that has never won. Someone said
we send such cr*p to the contest so we won't ever have to pay for the
gala. P Well, this year I think we'll be sure to get 0 points. Oh,
there's a semui-final these days? Well, we won't get past that.

Apparently in recent years, there's been so many countries wanting to enter
(go figure...) that they've been holding qualification round(s). The UK has
had 'null points' before with the dreaded Jemini

At least last year we had the decency to spare Europe from Jordan, a topless
model with inflated err... attributes, who turned up for the deciding round
here in a pink all-in-one figure hugging plastic-looking jumpsuit thing that
looked as if it was a reject from an S&M shop... and she was several months
pregnant whilst wearing it.. It was not flattering.

At least you're just sending Klingons, which are remarkably tatseful
compared to what you almost got from us last year.

Cheers, helen s

Old March 16th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-13, wafflycat penned:

It goes back to the 1950s... a sort of European wide 'best pop song
in Europe' competition... for varying values of 'best' and 'pop'

Thanks for the explanation! It all sounds a bit odd and silly, but
definitely European =P

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully