OT (sorta) ABUSE WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 16th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT (sorta) ABUSE WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

People (and I use that term loosely) are !#%@#$%@#%^% sick!!!

DO NOT READ THE STORY IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THIS SORT OF STUFF (link only
provided)

http://www.theindychannel.com/family...61/detail.html

And for those of you that are curious but don't want to read the entire
story (at least not without some info first), here's the headline:

Reward Offered For Puppy Attacked With Acid

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old March 16th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hmmm... A Meth connection. I wonder if the owner of the puppy is into
drugs and owed someone money. Or maybe he just ticked someone off.
Tweekers are nuts. I've never met one yet that wasn't. And when you
were raised in a drug house you've met plenty of them.

The bit about children is a good point, too. If someone can do that
kind of thing to any living creature they are obviously
psycho-effective and likely capable of just about anything. And if it
does turn out to be a drug-related crime, it may be a threat of greater
things to come. Then, if that's the situation, you'd think the owner
would just come forward. Unless that's what he's being threatened not
to do. (Likely on a different situation, but still.)

Maybe I'm just reading a little too much into it. I guess I hate
thinking that such things can happen on a whim. Someone just wakes up
one day and says to themselves: "Hello, why not go dip a puppy in acid?
That sounds like a blast." I'd much prefer there to be a motivating
factor greater than some severe form of sociopathy.

Cheers,
Azy!

"There are other risks to feline teeth-brushing that one must consider.
Firstly, there are claws with which to contend: 18 of them to be
precise." ~~ Mr. Fleez

www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com

Old March 16th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Azy wrote:

Hmmm... A Meth connection. I wonder if the owner of the puppy is into
drugs and owed someone money. Or maybe he just ticked someone off.
Tweekers are nuts. I've never met one yet that wasn't. And when you
were raised in a drug house you've met plenty of them.

The bit about children is a good point, too. If someone can do that
kind of thing to any living creature they are obviously
psycho-effective and likely capable of just about anything.

Haven't they done studies of child-abusers that indicate
many of them began with torturing animals?

Old March 17th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

~~Haven't they done studies of child-abusers that indicate many of them
began with torturing animals?~~

Yep. They sure have. I guess the reason I suspect a drug connection
is because of the type of acid used in this incident. It's common in
the production of Methamphetamines. They even stated that in the
article, which leads me to think they may be looking for more than just
info on the animal case. Still, that's just my view of it. Only time
will really tell, and maybe not even that.