purr request for Jill

Old July 14th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default purr request for Jill

rb wrote:
I ran across this in another group that both Jill and myself frequent so
I posted it here on her behalf since she was not able to with good reason:

Subject: OT:: FYI Jill's in the hospital

Easier to get the word out to her friends here all at once.

They believe that her diverticulitis has caused a rupture, so she's
going to undergo a cat scan to see if they need to operate. Let's
keep our collective fingers crossed that she doesn't. They've
already got her on morphine, she's in some pain.

Big purrs are provided that she is ok and recovering by now.

rrb

Poor Jill! Many of us past middle age have diverticulosis (the
intestines forms small pockets), which can develop into diverticulitis
(when food impacts into one of the pockets). That usually only means a
few days of more-or-less intense gastric pain (which is bad enough), but
if the impacted area develops an infection, it can be serious, requiring
antibiotics and even resulting in a need for surgery.

I've learned to avoid things like popcorn and sesame seeds (which often
set mine off). The last time I had an attack, the doctor I went to
would not simply treat it with antibiotics and antispasmodics as my
California doctor did - he insisted on testing by a gastroenterologist,
first. Since the earliest appointment I could get with one was two
weeks in the future, I chose to let nature take its course. (I knew
from experience that it would probably go away by itself, and if not I'd
end up in an emergency room, getting immediate treatment.) As usual, it
went away. However, he did have one good suggestion - daily doses of
soluble fiber, in addition to avoiding the foods I KNOW set it off. (He
told me he recommended Metamucil or Benefiber to his elderly mother some
years ago, and she's been symptom-free ever since.)

I suspect that, with so much going on in Jill's life at the moment, she
may not have been as careful of her diet as she should have been
(although of course stress can be a triggering factor, too).

Purrs for her fast recovery (hopefully WITHOUT surgery).
Old July 16th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

rb wrote:
I ran across this in another group that both Jill and myself frequent so
I posted it here on her behalf since she was not able to with good reason:

snip

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for Jill,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 20th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

rb wrote:
[...]

Yes, my own late Mom had diverticulitis and did end up having surgery for
it.
Purrs for Jill for a fast recovery without surgery.
I didn't know about stress being a factor.
Hug
Kyla

Old July 20th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Poor Jill! Many of us past middle age have diverticulosis (the
intestines forms small pockets), which can develop into diverticulitis
(when food impacts into one of the pockets). That usually only means
a few days of more-or-less intense gastric pain (which is bad enough),
but if the impacted area develops an infection, it can be serious,
requiring antibiotics and even resulting in a need for surgery.

I just discovered the wonderful world myself. I just got home from 7 days
at chateau hospitale (where my thoughts went to Jill not a few times). I
entered via the emergency room having excrutiating pain and an inability to
go for weeks. I did not know I had diverticulosis but I know know. I will
find out in some weeks if it needs surgery since it closed off the passage
when it got infected. This was not a fun week and I need to rest but will
catch up later. My niece took care of the brothers but I missed hell out
of them.

Old July 20th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

outsider wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you and continuing purrs for Jill.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 20th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

outsider wrote:
I just discovered the wonderful world myself. I just got home from

7 days
at chateau hospitale (where my thoughts went to Jill not a few times). I
entered via the emergency room having excrutiating pain and an inability to
go for weeks. I did not know I had diverticulosis but I know know. I will
find out in some weeks if it needs surgery since it closed off the passage
when it got infected. This was not a fun week and I need to rest but will
catch up later. My niece took care of the brothers but I missed hell out
of them.

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old July 20th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"outsider"

[...]

Oh dear, purrs for you to feel better
Hug
Kyla

Old July 21st 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in
news

"outsider"

[...]

Thanks everyone.

Andy

Purr request for a dog. Dewi Cat anecdotes 18 October 28th 06 09:37 PM
Purr request Ann Cat anecdotes 11 October 22nd 06 06:15 AM
Purr Request CatNipped Cat anecdotes 40 February 28th 05 02:19 AM
purr request Rrb Cat anecdotes 22 November 14th 04 11:52 PM
Purr request Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 45 October 31st 04 02:02 PM