Shopping for Lorelei

Old December 10th 10, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Shopping for Lorelei

Since I got Lorelei, I have purchased a LOT of things for her.

Things I have bought for Lorelei that she LIKES, or HAVE 'HELPED':

1) Fancy Feast

Things I have bought for Lorelei that she DOESN'T LIKE, or HAVEN'T
'HELPED':

1) Rescue Remedy (EXPENSIVE!)
2) Catnip
3) Numerous cat toys: sparkly balls, balls with a bell inside, catnip
mice, etc.
4) Two brands of 'cat treats'.
5) Cheaper canned cat food, because Fancy Feast is SO EXPENSIVE.
6) Spray catnip. (what was I THINKING????)
7) Laser pointer batteries (EXPENSIVE!)
8) 'Cat Dancer', cat excerciser/toy.

Almost NOTHING can be returned, because I've already opened almost
everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old December 10th 10, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

That reminded me of something I had forgotten. When TuTu was adopted
she received a cat dancer for Christmas and she loved it. She used to
drag it through the house to me to get me to play with her.
It's been years since it wore out./ I'll have to shop for a new one.
Best wishes. MLB
Old December 10th 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^ * *

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Meowy has ignored all manner of toys, except for the little stuffed
mice or birds usually with catnip. She also ignores all sorts of
good food, accepting only a few things, and no table food.

It seems like each individual has to find the thing she delights in,
toys or food, or napping spots. And no human can change their strange
little minds.

So good luck helping Lorelei acquire her favorite things. It will
probably take a long time of trial and duds.
Meowy's favorite plaything, since a kitten, are strings, cords,
anything long and slithery to be chased around and under rugs,
blankets, tissue paper. She drags them through the house to bring me
one to get the games going.

Oh, and she gets tired of the same toy or string after a few days, and
I have to switch to something similar but different.

I hope there is something there in our experience together to give
some helpful hints. Carol
Old December 10th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Besides all that, the nip spray can be used on the tree or on toys later on.
Anything you don't have patience to keep, donate to the shelter. You have
had things donated and appreciated it, they will too.

Old December 14th 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Da Gramby is rite ubaowt dat
mai wifekitty MeOwy iz funnee wen et komez tew toyz n stuff..
We will teech our bitties haow tew pway wen dey r big enuff, wich wunt be
long gnow .
N fank yew fur yer adbize ubaowt MeOwy mai wunnerful hoomin MIL Carol.
Luvz, Mosey

(Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

Shopping for Lorelei Gandalf[_2_] Cat anecdotes 23 December 18th 10 10:53 PM
A pic of Lorelei Gandalf[_2_] Cat anecdotes 30 November 10th 10 07:57 AM
why I don't like shopping in Somerfield Jack Campin - bogus address Cat anecdotes 4 June 22nd 08 10:15 PM
In a shopping mood? Pat Cat anecdotes 0 May 16th 07 08:43 PM
Attack of the Shopping bag! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 2 February 15th 07 08:53 PM