More on cat cafes in Edinburgh

Old December 10th 14, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default More on cat cafes in Edinburgh

It appears there are *two* proposed cat cafes here. The first one
I heard about, near where I work, does in fact seem to be as snooty
as people here feared - pedigrees only, very high prices and control
freak rules. The other proposed one intends to use ordinary rescue
cats and will be a lot more laid back, but I don't know how far they've
got with turning it into a reality or where it'll be.

The venue for the posh one isn't where I thought it was - they're
taking over a place currently used by the "Curves" chain of women's
fitness centres. Makes a certain amount of sense if they can retain
the customer base. "Sod this weight training stuff, I'll just have
a slice of chocolate cake and a cat..."

Old December 10th 14, 11:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/9/2014 8:14 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
It appears there are *two* proposed cat cafes here. The first one
I heard about, near where I work, does in fact seem to be as snooty
as people here feared - pedigrees only, very high prices and control
freak rules. The other proposed one intends to use ordinary rescue
cats and will be a lot more laid back, but I don't know how far they've
got with turning it into a reality or where it'll be.

Yep, that first one certainly struck me as snooty and I figured your
lunch would be costly! Cheers for the plans for the cat cafe with
regular rescue cats.

The venue for the posh one isn't where I thought it was - they're
taking over a place currently used by the "Curves" chain of women's
fitness centres. Makes a certain amount of sense if they can retain
the customer base. "Sod this weight training stuff, I'll just have
a slice of chocolate cake and a cat..."

LOL! Love the imagery!

Jill
Old December 10th 14, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:40:03 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

[...]

Yes, cats lifting weights.
Old December 10th 14, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Fat cats sniffing up a bit of cake with cream frosting.

Jill
Old December 11th 14, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

My cats sure don't go for sweets. I've read somewhere that they don't
have taste buds for sweet.

http://www.petsadviser.com/food/why-...-sweet-things/

But mine do like fat so that explains the ice cream disappearing.
Old December 11th 14, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

Fat cats sniffing up a bit of cake with cream frosting.

Jill

My cats sure don't go for sweets. I've read somewhere that they don't
have taste buds for sweet.

http://www.petsadviser.com/food/why-...-sweet-things/

But mine do like fat so that explains the ice cream disappearing.

That and maybe the fat imparted by cream in the ice cream.

Jill
Old December 11th 14, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

[...]

Many years ago, when my daughter was a child, she had one of those
little baking sets. She had made a cake, which she frosted with
butterscotch flavored icing. It was about three or four inches in
diameter.

After she finished it, she set it on the kitchen counter and went out to
play. When she came back in, she found that the cat had jumped on the
counter and eaten the whole thing. A few years later we had a different
cat. My daughter was on the couch eating a Ding Dong, and the cat
almost followed that Ding Dong down her throat. Our other cats haven't
shown any interest in sweets.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited