Speaking of rubber bands....

Old March 21st 04, 11:50 PM
JoJo

I have another picture of Izzy and Tiny, but Tiny is laying across her
face so you can't see her. He is in love with her, he was snuggled up
against her last nite. Every time they do that "perfect kodak moment" as
soon as I move to get the camera, they move!

Tiny Shorty is a hoot, if there's trouble to be found, he's at the center
of it. That's why he's getting his own website. His favorite game - he
waits until you are standing, gets behind you and jumps right up onto my
back. Let me tell you, I can tell when his claws need trimmed! LOL

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"JoJo" wrote:

Currently fostering a mother that just gave birth on Thursday. Four

tiny
little babies.

I just started my own website. It's still a work in progress and

don't
have everyone's pictures added yet. Plan to add three more pages to

what's
there. I started it for my fosters - hoping people from my area will

see it
and be interested in adopting one. Of course I had to add my own as

well
Please feel free to visit

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

Terrific site! I like the picture of the string of tiny black
furries. Your other pets are also very cute. It's hard to pick a
favorite, but Izzy and Tiny Shorty together is a hoot.

Old March 22nd 04, 12:17 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:50:11 -0500, "JoJo"
yodeled:

I have another picture of Izzy and Tiny, but Tiny is laying across her
face so you can't see her. He is in love with her, he was snuggled up
against her last nite. Every time they do that "perfect kodak moment" as
soon as I move to get the camera, they move!

Tiny Shorty is a hoot, if there's trouble to be found, he's at the center
of it. That's why he's getting his own website. His favorite game - he
waits until you are standing, gets behind you and jumps right up onto my
back. Let me tell you, I can tell when his claws need trimmed! LOL

JoJo

Once they get up around 10 pounds, it's not that funny anymore.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 22nd 04, 12:31 AM
Victor Martinez

JoJo wrote:
Thanks for the welcome. My "children" consist of 3 dogs and 7 cats. Lost

Wow, that's a lot of critters!

my oldest two recently, one in July, one a few weeks ago. When I lost my

So sorry to hear that.

buddy (Tyrone) in July I started fostering for local shelters, my cat
population grew as well. Went from four to seven.

That's how we went from five to seven...

Currently fostering a mother that just gave birth on Thursday. Four tiny
little babies.

Awww....

http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

They are all adorable! I love the picture of the big d*g and the tiny
kitten...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 22nd 04, 01:18 AM
JoJo

Thank you for the welcome

I never intentionally let mine eat things either, but they seem to find
things without my knowing. I was sick over the whole incident with Z eating
the safety seal, I thought I was going to lose him over it (sadly old age
and other health issues got him last week).

I do let mine play with elastic hair bands - they love to chase them
through the house, I had a handful of them, now I can't find a single one.
And none of the cats eat them thankfully. I even include them in my
foster care packages - wonder what the new owners think the hair band is
for?

Tiny Shorty is the king of missed Kodak moments! Sometimes I wish I could
freeze time for just a moment until the camera is ready!

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
JoJo wrote:
I'm new to the group, and please do not think I am flaming you as
that is not my intention. Just a word of warning - not sure if your
cats are "chewers" but a few of mine are. I've caught one on more
than one occassion chowing down on a rubber band. There are other
times I didn't catch him and he luckily vomitted the band up. Then
there was the time he somehow at the plastic safety seal off of
something - that time required two exploratory surgeries and a
feeding tube! Please just be careful so the same doesn't happen!

Welcome! And believe me, I don't let her chew on rubber bands. She

finds
them fascinating but it is not something I let her play with/eat.

Jill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
I ordered some shoes and when they arrived there were big rubber
bands wrapped around the shoe-boxes, crosswise and lengthwise, to
keep the lids on in transit. I checked to make sure the shoes fit,
then put them back in the boxes and put the rubber bands around them
again. Stacked the boxes in my bedroom.

I'm sitting in the living room when suddenly here comes Persia,
pulling one of the boxes of shoes into the living room by the rubber
bands! I nearly fell off the couch!! Goofy cat

Jill

Old March 22nd 04, 01:25 AM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
Seanette Blaylock wrote:

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about Speaking of rubber bands....:

I wish I'd had my digital camera handy! Unfortunately, whenever
she does something totally cute like this, the battery is in the
charger and the camera doesn't have a diskette in it (sigh).

You're just going to have to start keeping a diskette in the camera
and get a second battery so you can swap them as needed. :-)

Then Persia won't do ANY thing cute.

Pam S.

Yeah, she never does *anything* cute when I'm prepared to snap a photo!

Jill

Old March 22nd 04, 01:40 AM
JoJo

I honestly don't know what it was from. This is my assumption though, dad
must have opened a fresh bottle of Tylenol or such, he may not have realized
the seal didn't make it to the trash can. Now we are extra careful with
things like that. And they can't get to the toxic things - Tiny is smart
but hasn't figured out how to open cabinet doors (yet). If he's going to
open anything it will be the door to the fridge! LOL

Karen - thanks for the compliments! I'm still adding to the site, check
back frequently!

wrote in message
JoJo wrote:

I was sick over the whole incident with Z eating
the safety seal, I thought I was going to lose him over it

The safety seal for what? Did he get sick from what was inside a bottle
or jug of something?

I keep all the household toxic stuff in a cabinet with a childproof
latch on it - appears to be catproof too (hopefully - it's always kept
R & S from getting in there, we'll have to see how well Licky does at
latch-picking).

Joyce

Old March 22nd 04, 01:44 AM
JoJo

Thank you - I am very proud of my kids (not a biased mom at all).
Elmo is unique, may be anti-social but he's cool - he picked me, not the
other way around. He reached out of the cage and tapped me on the shoulder
instead of playing w/his litter mates.

Actually we think Tyrone had some Maine Coon in him, he was 20 pounds at
one time. And furry. I saved some of his hair (Z's too). Is that
sick/unusual? Oh well, I'll be ready for the funny farm one day I'm
sure. hahaha.

wrote in message
JoJo wrote:

I just started my own website. It's still a work in progress and

don't
have everyone's pictures added yet. Plan to add three more pages to

what's
there. I started it for my fosters - hoping people from my area will

see it
and be interested in adopting one. Of course I had to add my own as

well
Please feel free to visit
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

They're beautiful! Elmo might not be very sociable, but he's extremely
cute sleeping in the laundry basket. And Stumbles is a very pretty cat -
I'm partial to orange-and-whites. Z was a beauty, too. When you

described
him as 22 pounds, I expected to see a Maine Coon, but no, he was just a
huge tabby! Great pictures.

Joyce