Aww.. *snif*... Lenny's remains come home....

Old August 29th 03, 05:21 PM
Carol

Default Aww.. *snif*... Lenny's remains come home....

(onlyThreeCats) wrote in message om...
Hi again -

Johanna here, Panda's letting me type for a bit. Feeling a bit weird,
in one of those only-cat-people-know ways... as I just picked up
Lenny's cremated remains today.

I'm sad all over again, but kinda relieved too, with vague hints of
paranoia that all I have here is sand or fireplace cleanings (how can
one know, really? that cynical-depressive voice mutters...).

I felt kinda funny paying to have my cat cremated and returned. I'm
none of religious, superstitious, or very sentimental around these
things - I love my cats, boyfriend, and family to nuts, but recognize
that ashes or a body are an inanimate thing once the soul of them has
moved on. But, I realized if I just had him sent off to a mass
cremation and later regretted that, there would be no second guessing,
so I asked for him to be brought back home. At least this way, when
my Lucy's time comes too, they can be together wherever they end up,
as they always were when they were with me, be that the fireplace
mantel or my parent's back garden or out in the woods. An oddly
sentimental thought for me, but I perceive they were so close in life
that they might have different sentiments than my usual ones and I
should err on the site of respecting that.

*sigh*... all that's left of my lovely Lenny-meezer fits in a cute
little urn that's smaller than my morning coffee cup. Doesn't even
fill it, it's sealed in a little bag inside, tied with ribbon, that
only comes half-way full. I read about a company that has found a way
to make diamonds from cremated loved ones. Prohibitively pricey, but
I read that many of the diamonds come out very blue, just like a
Meezer's eyes. I'm not sure if the idea is way-weird, or very
appealing.

Guess I need to turn in for the night, I think.

Johanna, and the fur-girls.

I understand everything you said, Johanna. In fact ,what you have
written is beautiful and a "keeper". Peace.

Carol
Old August 29th 03, 10:05 PM
Beverly Orel

Johanna, I know the feeling. It will be two years Sept. 10th that Siggy,
our wonderful cat, went to the Bridge. I have his ashes in a little box on
the mantel piece, and one of these days Gwen will decide where to disperse
them. Funny how I still miss that guy, even though we have another cat now,
and Gwen has 3 kitties at her home in Montgomery, AL. All cats are
wonderful; some are more so.

Beverly

Old August 31st 03, 09:21 PM
Mogie

My Godfrey went to the bridge 5 days before his third birthday. It's never
easy letting a loved one go but it happens. Every time a little piece of my
heart goes with them.

Cory wrote in message
t...
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:05:08 GMT, Beverly Orel said...
Johanna, I know the feeling. It will be two years Sept. 10th that

Siggy,
our wonderful cat, went to the Bridge. I have his ashes in a little box

on
the mantel piece, and one of these days Gwen will decide where to

disperse
them. Funny how I still miss that guy, even though we have another cat

now,
and Gwen has 3 kitties at her home in Montgomery, AL. All cats are
wonderful; some are more so.

Beverly

Sigmund went to the bridge the day before the WTC attack?? Wow... never
realized that before. Talk about a double whammy. Ouch...

--- Unca Cory

--
"Mine hedd a tennizball izz NOT!" --- Mr. GrowlTiger

Old September 1st 03, 02:42 AM
Fred Williams

Mogie wrote:

My Godfrey went to the bridge 5 days before his third birthday. It's
never easy letting a loved one go but it happens. Every time a
little piece of my heart goes with them.

Yes it does... It seems that a litle piece of their souls stays with
us too, and helps us to be stronger. It could be just a subjective
feeling, an emotional response to the loss, but it seems like a true
"experiential" phenomenon.

--
Regards
Fred & Jetadiah,

Remove FFFf to reply, please
Old September 2nd 03, 04:47 AM
Gabrielle

I agree with you about the remains being nothing once the spirit is
gone, but I maintain my own small (and all too large) pet cemetery. Too
bad the diamonds are soo expensive.

Gabrielle

Old September 16th 03, 02:03 PM
KS

onlyThreeCats wrote:

[...]

snip

Johanna, and the fur-girls.

That's how I felt about Princess' ashes, and will about Spook's. Because of the
autopsy, it won't even be all of her, and I feel crummy about that. But I need
to know what happened to my precious baby.

I never liked the idea of cremation, but I realized with Princess that it could
keep her remains with me, even forever..... unlike the parakeets which I buried,
one so far away, and two in an area which was excavated.

I've never been able to look at Princess' ashes, and won't be able to with
Spook's. It will hurt too much.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 18th 03, 03:14 AM
KS

Bingo wrote:

As an agnostic myself, I find it odd that I fell apart again
yesterday when Edie's ashes arrived via UPS. (Never mind that it
was sent 'signature required' and the delivery guy left it inside
my screen door to kick across the porch.) I think there's just
something to having a physical thing as a reminder. At the
hospital, the doctor and I took a foot impression in clay of Edie's
right front paw. I thought it strange at the time, but now I'm
glad I did that. Her gently loving touch with that paw was such a
big part of who she was and why she was special.

What a wonderful thing to have. I'm pretty much an agnostic, too, and I fell
completely apart when Princess' ashes were handed to me, at the vet's.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 18th 03, 05:39 PM
Bingo

KS wrote in
:

Bingo wrote:

As an agnostic myself, I find it odd that I fell apart again
yesterday when Edie's ashes arrived via UPS. (Never mind that
it was sent 'signature required' and the delivery guy left it
inside my screen door to kick across the porch.) I think
there's just something to having a physical thing as a reminder.
At the hospital, the doctor and I took a foot impression in
clay of Edie's right front paw. I thought it strange at the
time, but now I'm glad I did that. Her gently loving touch with
that paw was such a big part of who she was and why she was
special.

What a wonderful thing to have. I'm pretty much an agnostic,
too, and I fell completely apart when Princess' ashes were
handed to me, at the vet's.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

It's probably a good thing to do while they're alive, though I'm
sure the task of getting their feet into the clay might be a
littler trickier!