September 15, 2003. My Heart and Soul is Gone

Old September 16th 03, 04:20 PM
KS

Bingo wrote:

She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her
antics, her hugs and cuddles. I'm not the same without her.

I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.

I love you my baby.

Kami

Oh, that's so sad! Though I lost Edie one week ago today, at least
she had 12 good years. I lost Comet at three years, so I know your
pain of premature loss. Doesn't like she suffered much, though.
Take some solice in that. It's just you who's suffering now.
Please take care of youself.

You're right. I'm sorry for your loss. Edie and Spook have been greeted at the
RB by a special group of kitties, including Comet. Comet left way too early,
too. Life can be so unfair.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 16th 03, 04:20 PM
KS

Sylvia M wrote:

OMG!!! {{{Kami}}}
We'll miss hur and hur wunnurfull senze ov hoomur, an da abvenshurz weez
had... Sooosoooo sorry, Anti Kami!!!!

So sorry Kami, saying that she didn't suffer just isn't enough!

Sylvia & Dyna

And I'll miss posting for Spook, very very much. She was a special kitty.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 16th 03, 04:21 PM
KS

Me wrote:

Sounds familiar. After $1200 of tests, xrays, biopsies and
ultarsounds my vet told me the mass in Edie's chest was "nothing
big and bad." Two days later she was gone.

How could a mass be "nothing big and bad"?

My Opus (RB) had a benign hepatic tumor, which was a "nothing big and
bad" mass.

Julie

Isn't that liver? When I read these comments, I wish to criticize the vets, but
what do I know.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 16th 03, 05:41 PM
Me

KS wrote:
Me wrote:

Kami,

Weze all wishin Spook a ezy trip to da Rainbow Bridj. Dere's lotz of mms
an a big hole in yur heart now. Weze unnerstand cuz we lost Fluffy a few
weeks ago suddenly an ar hoomins were bof mms'ing lots. Weze sending yu
lots ov cumfurting purrs.

Snowflake and Frieda an der hoomins

Thanks. Fluffy and Spook are checking things out, finding good nip and soft
places to sleep.

Fluffy was da expurrt at findin soft places to sleep. ize sure shez
showin Spook where all da bestest ones ar.

Snowflake

Old September 16th 03, 07:09 PM
Joan

Kami wrote in message . ..
I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
found her soft, sweet body.

She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.

But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
years.

I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.

I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
likely sudden cardiomyopathy.

Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.

She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
cuddles. I'm not the same without her.

I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.

I love you my baby.

Kami

Kami, my heart is breaking at hearing this. May it be some comfort to
know that you gave Spook a wonderful home during her short life, and
remember the love she gave in return. If there is anything I can do
from this distance, please let me know. I wish I could be there to
help you through this.

Joan

*Five extremely sorrowful cats form a meatloaf circle and begin
purring*

Spookster, we will miss yu graytely. We will do our bestest to help
yur Meowmie thru diz tiyme uf greef. Be happy, littul friend.

Junior, Cinni, Bitsy, Baby, an Cookie
Old September 16th 03, 07:33 PM
KS

Unca Cory wrote:

Spook will live on in all our hearts. Her personality came through so
clearly in your postings about her and her life with you. She will be
missed.

Fran

I tried to show her purrsonality to all.

FWIW, I think you did a d**n good job at it. I, for one, miss her a lot,
and I think it's, in part, because of how you well you wrote for her.

She was easy to write for.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 16th 03, 07:34 PM
KS

Thanks. Fluffy and Spook are checking things out, finding good nip and soft
places to sleep.

Fluffy was da expurrt at findin soft places to sleep. ize sure shez
showin Spook where all da bestest ones ar.

Snowflake

I'm glad.

Antie Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 16th 03, 11:30 PM
The Clowder

KS wrote:

Sylvia M wrote:

OMG!!! {{{Kami}}}
We'll miss hur and hur wunnurfull senze ov hoomur, an da abvenshurz weez
had... Sooosoooo sorry, Anti Kami!!!!

So sorry Kami, saying that she didn't suffer just isn't enough!

Sylvia & Dyna

And I'll miss posting for Spook, very very much. She was a special kitty.

Kami

hug I know *exactly* what you mean. Losing a spokeskitty, one for
whom writing comes so easily that the voice rings true and the process
is more like taking dictation than invention, is an added layer of
pain. The real and the virtual cat become intertwined along the way.

Melissa
Old September 17th 03, 02:03 AM
ChildFree23

Auntie Kami, we'ze so sorry to hear this. Can we sit Shivah for Spook, or
will her clowdermates be holding a purroper memorial serfiss?

Kitty Schottland DOC, Capt. Midnight DOC, & Lilith Kitten

Old September 17th 03, 03:24 AM
Bingo

KS wrote in
:

Bingo wrote:

Sounds familiar. After $1200 of tests, xrays, biopsies and
ultarsounds my vet told me the mass in Edie's chest was "nothing
big and bad." Two days later she was gone.

How could a mass be "nothing big and bad"? And if you'd gone
further, the cat might have suffered more. As with Spook, s/he
was spared of that, as much as it hurts us guardians.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

The biopsy did not reveal cancer. They suggested that it was
probably a herniated part of liver. It's probably a moot point,
because I think she died from a bladder blockage (she had a good size
stone that we hadn't gotten to deal with yet). I originally brought
her in with a urinary/liver infection, so it was an uphill battle. I
really miss her.