Oliver is hypoallergenic (I think)

Old March 18th 05, 02:30 AM
Margaret Fine

Default Oliver is hypoallergenic (I think)

I think Oliver is a hypoallergenic cat. My husband Steve has always
been very allergic to cats but by some strange twist of fate he has
never had an allergic reaction to Oliver. I always had three theories
about this. 1) Oliver was so small when Steve found him that Steve was
able to build up a tolerance to his dander 2)Oliver is hypoallergenic or
3) Steve just loves him so much his body suppresses the allergic response.

My 20 year old niece was just here and she is also very allergic to cats
just like her Uncle. Even with allergy meds she can barely tolerate
being in the same room with a cat. She was here for 5 days and she had
no reaction to Oliver at all. It was amazing and it made her so happy
to be able to cuddle and love up Oliver (who ate up all the attention
like it was tuna!)

Now Steve is joking about cloning Oliver so we can always have a kitty. :-)
--
Margaret Fine

Old March 18th 05, 02:36 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:30:01 +0000, Margaret Fine wrote:

[...]

:-)

It would be great to have a kitty like that. All of my kids are allergic
to cats. I am too, but I am certain I have built up a tolerance over the
years. MLB

Old March 18th 05, 04:13 AM
CATherine

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:30:01 GMT, Margaret Fine
wrote:

[...]

I have heard that some cats are hypoallergenic. I guess that is the
correct term. I think the Sphinx cat and the Rex cats are that way.
And certain other cats i can't remember. There is a difference in the
saliva and of course a hairless or nearly hairless has no dander.

--
CATherine
Old March 18th 05, 05:16 AM
Marina

Margaret Fine wrote:

I think Oliver is a hypoallergenic cat.

That's really nice. Glad Steve can enjoy the company of a cat in spite
of his allergies.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and coming soon: Mere!