introducing my girls

Old March 19th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default introducing my girls

Hi! This is my second post here. Just wanted to introduce my babies!
Sylvia is a 6 1/2 year old grey tabby, a rescue from behind a
restaurant in Asbury Park,NJ, at 1 1/2- two days later I adopted her,
fresh spay stitches and all! Living with a human, interacting with a
human, was a huge adjustment for her- but now, though still a tough
hunter and able to handle her own 8 lbs quite effeciently, she is a
total cuddle muffin with me.
Annie is a 3 1/2 year old Maine Coon rescue, found on a road side as a
tiny kitten by a friend of the woman in Greene (Maine) from whom I
adopted her at the age of 6 months. True to what I've read of Maine
Coon personality traits, she follows me everywhere (due in part to her
kittenhood i think), talks even in her sleep, and loves attention but
always on her terms. She does trust me now and is learning to trust my
fiance- she is also hides less rapidly when new people come, but
remains jumpy and skittish around new people and strange/ unexpected
noises.
Sylvia is still put out at having to share me (though I try and try to
keep it even) but seems to start fights with Annie less now that Annie
is about full size, and twice Sylvia's size. (no one has ever gotten
hurt).

Old March 19th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I don't have a digital camera or a scanner yet We only just got
our first computer at home- a little out of date we are. But I will
proudly post pictures of the 'kits' should the chance occur!(after all,
I have an album's worth and some stuck on the fridge!)

Old March 19th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

When I am able to post photos, what would I put in the 'tag' line at
tinypic.com? (I'm still pretty fresh to the things I can do on the web
and what all the terms mean) Thanks!

Old March 19th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Spirit 3 years old thinks he is a Boston terrier
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=j9u1k4
My rumble who is almost 7 and is epileptic for almost 4 years
http://tinypic.com/j9u0qh.jpg
Phantom 11 almost 12 ( who I love to death put fills in the blank to the
phrase why you little &#$##)
http://tinypic.com/j9tveh.jpg

We have 2 others that are DW cats
a 7 year old black and white female named limo
also a 8 year old black mixed long hair Himalayan and Maine coon named
dumplin

oups.com...

Old March 19th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What ever you want to call the photo when you upload it they will have a
way to copy the url, the link, the http and be able to email all of them to
your self

oups.com...

Old March 19th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Well hello Spirit, Rumble, Phantom (beautiful cats you are!) and Limo
and Dumplin!
Okay Spirit- how are like a Boston Terrier? the one I know is very
active and jumpy, which may be you! He also yips a lot! but maybe you
are very talkative?
Rumble, every kitty is uniquely marked and lovely in individual ways-
but your silver stripes do remind me a little of Sylvia's- she has
white feet though and I do see some pretty black on a hind feet and-
nice grey stripes on the front?
And Phantom- are you a little troublemaker?
Dumplin, are you going through the spring sheds too? Annie is getting
more frequent brushings- which she totally digs- with her new slicker
brush- she tends toward dreadlocks in her lion's ruff and just before
her tail...very rarely thank goodness because even though she is fairly
patient they are hard to untangle on a moving kitty!

Old March 19th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kaleigh" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well hello Spirit, Rumble, Phantom (beautiful cats you are!) and Limo
and Dumplin!
Okay Spirit- how are like a Boston Terrier? the one I know is very
active and jumpy, which may be you! He also yips a lot! but maybe you
are very talkative?

Extremely talkative, bounces around worse on valerain catnip lets you know
when he enters a room. EXTREEMLY SPOILED
Rumble, every kitty is uniquely marked and lovely in individual ways-
but your silver stripes do remind me a little of Sylvia's- she has
white feet though and I do see some pretty black on a hind feet and-
nice grey stripes on the front?

Rumble actually changes colors he goes from the grey charcoal to a distinct
silver when it gets cold weather
SPOILED ROTTEN. you can see his spot he has marked

And Phantom- are you a little troublemaker? if i could use the words
my mouth would be washed out by my grandmother wh has been gone for over
30 years

Dumplin, are you going through the spring sheds too? Annie is getting
more frequent brushings- which she totally digs- with her new slicker
brush- she tends toward dreadlocks in her lion's ruff and just before
her tail...very rarely thank goodness because even though she is fairly
patient they are hard to untangle on a moving kitty!

My DW brushes him every night he was an abused cat he actually does not
like the smell of a man after he has sweated makes him very aggressive. We
believe someone abused him in a sexual way. But other than that which I
makes sure I have cologne on he is a spoiled lap cat

and Limo is a spoiled brat also we found her years ago when a limo showed
up to takes us out and there was a kitten in the back hence the name

Old March 19th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kaleigh wrote:
[...]

Welcome to the group. Do you have any pictures of your babies online
anywhere?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 19th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kaleigh wrote:
Hi! This is my second post here. Just wanted to introduce my babies!

Hi Kaleigh, and welcome to the group! I'm Marina, and I live in
Helsinki, Finland with my two cats Miranda and Caliban. I lost my two
elderly cats and my best friends last year. Nikki was nearly 17 and
Frank was 18. I still miss them a lot, but the youngsters keep me busy
with their hoolikitten antics. Miranda is a Russian Blue whose pedigree
didn't quite shape up to the current standards, so she needed a home as
just a pet instead of a show cat and breeding queen, and Caliban is a
rescue from our neighbouring country Estonia. You can see heaps and
heaps of pictures of all four cats at the links in my sig, and if you
stick around, you'll see how fond I am of showing the cats off. I'm
constantly snapping new pics of them and posting them, though I'm not
really a very good photographer. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi