???

Old June 28th 13, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

Default ???

On 2013-06-24, Christina Websell wrote:

There is no comparison between the taste of home grown tomatoes and store
bought ones which are full of water.

As Guy Clark sings:

Homegrown tomatoes homegrown tomatoes
What'd life be without homegrown tomatoes
Only two things that money can't buy
That's true love & homegrown tomatoes

Bud
Old July 1st 13, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

There are several varieties of string beans (both green and yellow). They
are easy to grow, but they are usually planted so they can twine around a
string or trellis. That way, the beans hang down (but do not touch the
ground) and are easy to pick. Here are some pictures:

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...10 67&bih=551

What gorgeous pictures! I'm growing beans for the first time and those
are inspiring!

--
Joyce

He spent one-third of the time telling me about the musical he was writing about raccoons, one-third of the time talking about C++, and one-third of the time demonstrating the plot of Othello using the salt and pepper shakers.
-- A Treasury of the World's Worst Online Dating Stories
Old July 1st 13, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Saturday, 22 June 2013 06:58:56 UTC+1, Joy wrote:
For the last few days, no posts here have shown up on my computer. I'm sure people are posting, and hope I start seeing the posts again soon.

I've been out of commission for a few days. Been flat out busy at work having got back from leave last Monday to find the software had gone down so no-one had even been able to help with my work whilst I was off.

And now my home PC is on the blink, hoping it won't be a case of replacing it as I've had several large bills recently and don't want another one

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 1st 13, 10:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Don't mention radishes. If I had any ground I'd probably just grow radishes. My dad used to grow them and he'd bring some in, wash them and put them in the fridge and within 10 minutes my mum would want to know where they had gone and I'd be trying not to burp and give the game away! I love them!

And now I want to go and get some....

Old July 2nd 13, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Monday, July 1, 2013 10:01:22 AM UTC+1, Lesley wrote:
I love them! And now I want to go and get some....

I had some not as nice as home grown but still delicious. A friend of mine has an allotment and he grows them so i expect he'll bring me some soon

Old July 15th 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

I try my best to post as much as I can, given that so many seem have gone
the facebook group, but tbh, there is only so much that one Boycat can do
that is interesting enough to post about ;-)
I could diverse a little about my veggie plot, this is the second year
I've
been growing organic veggies and what a slow spring it has been..or could

I'd love to hear about what you're growing in your veggie plot.

This evening I went down there to water and picked a whole lot of
strawberries which I will enjoy tomorrow.
Summer finally arrived last week and it's quite hot

Tweed

Old July 15th 13, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Sounds like the start of a nice garden! I can't do anything other than
container gardening here. I was never any good with house plants so I
doubt it would be any different with vegetables.

Oh sure, Dataw would gladly let me *rent* a garden plot in the communal
gardening area. It would cost something akin to $50/month.

that's a ridiculous amount

Then I'd
have to *drive* to the garden with my tools and bring my own watering
hose.

I have to drive there too.

(For all I know they charge for using the water, too. They
charge for everything else around here, I can't see why water would be an
exception.)

Luckily there is a tap (faucet) there which served the old houses that were
once on there.

So, no gardening for me. I buy from local farmers when
they set up their vegetable stand on weekends.

If you can't grow, that's a good way to go.

Tweed

Old July 15th 13, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Saturday, 22 June 2013 06:58:56 UTC+1, Joy wrote:
For the last few days, no posts here have shown up on my computer. I'm
sure people are posting, and hope I start seeing the posts again soon.

I've been out of commission for a few days. Been flat out busy at work
having got back from leave last Monday to find the software had gone down
so no-one had even been able to help with my work whilst I was off.

And now my home PC is on the blink, hoping it won't be a case of replacing
it as I've had several large bills recently and don't want another one

-----

If the worst comes to the worst and your home computer dies, get another one
from the internet like I just did.
OK, it was *pre-owned* but it has been refurbished and cost £59.99 plus
postage, add to that a tenner to get things copied from my old one by the
computer shop and a whole lot of grief getting the newsgroups set up.
It's higher spec than my old one, 2gb memory, 250gb HD which is plenty for
me as I only use it for emails, newgroups and surfing.
I was thinking of getting a brand new one until I saw the prices!

My last computer was similar to this and it has lasted 4 or 5 years. The
computer shop transferred my floppy disc drive to this one too, as I still
have things saved on floppies.
So, if you need another computer, it doesn't have to cost you a fortune.

Tweed

Old July 15th 13, 10:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

If the worst comes to the worst and your home computer dies, get another one
from the internet like I just did.
OK, it was *pre-owned* but it has been refurbished and cost ?59.99 plus
postage, add to that a tenner to get things copied from my old one by the
computer shop and a whole lot of grief getting the newsgroups set up.

Wow!! 59.99 in your currency is about $120 in US dollars, I think, which
is incredibly cheap for a computer! Good deal!

It's higher spec than my old one, 2gb memory, 250gb HD which is plenty for
me as I only use it for emails, newgroups and surfing.
I was thinking of getting a brand new one until I saw the prices!

Why would you bother when you can get a decent one for such a low price?

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old July 16th 13, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

This evening I went down there to water and picked a whole lot of
strawberries which I will enjoy tomorrow.
Summer finally arrived last week and it's quite hot

That's a lovely thing to be able to do.

Quite hot? It's killing me.

I had to stop and think about this because at first it didn't make sense.
That's because to us over here, "quite" means "very", "to a great extent",
etc, and I think to you it means something like "moderately", or even "a
little bit"?. I didn't know this until recently - I probably learned it here.

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com