Update On Caboodle Ranch Cats

Old March 23rd 12, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default Update On Caboodle Ranch Cats

On 3/21/2012 9:44 PM, Catlady wrote:
On Mar 21, 3:34 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"The wrote in message

On Mar 19, 10:21 pm, wrote:

"Catlady" wrote in message

http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is
overwhelming.
A hotline has been set up for people that want to try to get their
cats back.
Also, a disposition hearing has been set for March 28th to determine
who gets the cats. Craig and Nanette should not be allowed to be
within 100 miles of any of these poor creatures (or any other cats,
for that matter) that have suffered at their hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is so sad. I can't speak to the origins of Caboodle Ranch, but it is
clear that they became hoarders on a large scale. Most hoarders are people
who don't know their own limitations and take in far more cats (or other
animals) than they can possibly care for. They are usually people who love
cats, but their love becomes associated with a variety of mental
illnesses.
Cats become ill, suffer severe malnutrition, and even die due to lack of
medical care, basic nutrition, and too few people to give them even
minimal
attention. In the case of Caboodle Ranch, I suspect that this is not a
typical hoarding case--my suspicion is that money became very important to
the owners, and money that was donated may not even have gone to the care
of
these unfortunate cats.

MaryL

Craig insisted on cash whenever possible and spent donations at the
racetrack, on expensivewestern wear, Vegas vacations, hotels (for his
married mistress), travel and all kinds of personal items. There are
witnesses that saw him pocket donation money without recording it or
giving a receipt. I've seen the Caboodle Bank Statements and vet care
costs are minimal compared to what he spent on himself.

-----
how did you get access to the Caboodle bank statements?

Tweed

It's evidence from a court case and is posted online. This is not
complete but is a lot of them:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxUd...XQ2VmFGdw/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxUd...XQ2VmFGdw/edit

All I'm seeing is check numbers and deposits - I don't see anything
indicating where the money was spent.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old March 23rd 12, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Catlady" wrote in message
http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is
overwhelming.
A hotline has been set up for people that want to try to get their
cats back.

What? ... for people who want to get their cats back?! Um, people who
left them at the 'sanctuary' in the first place? That's ridiculous. If
they couldn't, for whatever reason, care for the cat(s) and left them at
Caboodle, what happens if the reclaimed cats have severe health problems
now? Don't give them back to people who dropped them off! IMHO

Also, a disposition hearing has been set for March 28th to determine
who gets the cats. Craig and Nanette should not be allowed to be
within 100 miles of any of these poor creatures (or any other cats,
for that matter) that have suffered at their hands.

I've read online newsclips and seen the same videos you have. I can't
offer an opinion about their guilt or innocence. I'm not there; I've
never been there. I do know media today tends to sensationalize. The
more negative the better, it seems I wouldn't want to be sitting on a
jury for this one, though. I'd have to see more than media hype to be
able to render a decision.

There has to be more than media hype here, otherwise, surely, the newspapers
could be sued for libel.
Tweed

Old March 23rd 12, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Catlady" wrote in message
On Mar 21, 7:38 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Catlady" wrote in message

http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is
overwhelming.
A hotline has been set up for people that want to try to get their
cats back.

What? ... for people who want to get their cats back?! Um, people who left
them at the 'sanctuary' in the first place? That's ridiculous. If they
couldn't, for whatever reason, care for the cat(s) and left them at
Caboodle, what happens if the reclaimed cats have severe health problems
now? Don't give them back to people who dropped them off! IMHO

I agree for the most part. I wonder though if there are some that did
so who may have lost their homes and didn't know what else to do, but
are in a better situation and have learned a valuable lesson. I am
aware of a few people that are distraught and wracked with guilt as
they actually tried to get their cats back not long after they brought
them there but they had mysteriously disappeared (i.e. were eaten by
coyotes

______
Eaten by coyotes? I hope you are not getting carried away in blaming. Did
any cat get eaten by coyotes there, really?
Surely not. I don't know a lot about coyotes, but I would think that if
they could have got in there, they would have cleared up the dead and
decaying cats that were alleged to be there.

Also, a disposition hearing has been set for March 28th to determine
who gets the cats. Craig and Nanette should not be allowed to be
within 100 miles of any of these poor creatures (or any other cats,
for that matter) that have suffered at their hands.

I've read online newsclips and seen the same videos you have. I can't
offer
an opinion about their guilt or innocence. I'm not there; I've never been
there. I do know media today tends to sensationalize. The more negative
the better, it seems I wouldn't want to be sitting on a jury for this
one, though. I'd have to see more than media hype to be able to render a
decision.

Jill

I've seen plenty of evidence that is not in the media and it is
damning.

Old March 23rd 12, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

On Mar 22, 7:09*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Catlady" wrote in message
http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is
[...]

"Catsunn" has been all over the internet posting lies in defense of
Caboodle Ranch. These pictures taken on the scene by different
visitors to Caboodle Ranch don't lie: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caboodleranch_deathcamp/

It takes a lot of evidence for a prosecutor to take on a case such as
this. Court cases like this cost a lot of money and they wouldn't move
forward on this if they didn't believe they had a winnable case. This
is not based on one PETA video. There are mountains of evidence
spanning a long time and there is no denying the sick, the dying, and
the dead cats- and that's just for starters.
Old March 23rd 12, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

*wrote:
"The *wrote in message

On Mar 19, 10:21 pm, *wrote:

"Catlady" wrote in message

http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
*From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxUd...UbFdhVXdrRXQ2V...
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxUd...UbFdhVXdrRXQ2V...

All I'm seeing is check numbers and deposits - I don't see anything
indicating where the money was spent.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", *maintained by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Email: *L(dot)T(dot)Crews(at)comcast(dot)net

Then you're not looking. For example, look at page 113 on the first
link and you'll see Craig using donations for Daytona Speedway. There
are many transactions in red boxes as examples of misuse of funds. The
Love's transactions listed are for a buffet (for people) and are
numerous and the money spent is often for several people.
Old March 23rd 12, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

Correction. That should be page 112.
Old March 23rd 12, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

On Mar 22, 10:04*am, Catsunn wrote:
HI,
Actually there is not overwhelming evidence.

Some cats were sick...but
were prescribed care and medicine by a vet.

Hardly. I have access to the vet records which completely contradict
your lies. Very few cats were treated and there is evidence that Craig
REFUSED to spay cats.

The PETA person who was
taking the video was in charge of medicating the cat she filmed....and
she did not treat it. * PeTA needs suffering and death in order to
create the drama they need to get donations.
This was actually a travesty...the cats shoudl be returned.

This statement proves you are delusional. Those cats should never,
ever have to suffer in that hellhole ever again.

If Peta, Hsus and Aspca wanted to help, they could of donated supplies
and money,

Craig left donated food out in the rain to rot (thereare witness
statements that confirm this.). And he had plenty of money to buy food
and pay for vet care, but he refused care for the cats and used the
money for Daytona, Disney on Ice, hotels, etc. HE was his priority.
Not the cats. When he did give the cats food, it was often just one
bag and was scattered on the ground.

instead they went in there like gangbusters, busted up his
little houses,

This is a lie. The houses were only turned on their sides to get cats
out.

stuffed cats in pet taxi's where some still live today,

This is a lie. No cats are living in Pet Taxi's and there are photos
that prove it.

ripped up his newpaper articles and created a fake atomosphere of
neglect.

You can't fake the *documented* neglect of hundreds of cats or the
dead bodies on the property.
I pray Craig can get justice.

The CATS are the only ones that should be getting justice. I hope
Craig rots in jail for a long long time.

Old March 23rd 12, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Catlady" wrote in message
http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is
[...]

What can I say? But Dan went there a year ago and he said it was good and I
believe that.
This is horrible if they are true photos from there.

When I look at these, it really shocks me and makes me realise how lucky my
boy is. The worst thing he worries about is if his meal is 5 minutes late
or whether or not to get on his duvet. Or should he go out on rat patrol
when he can't really be bothered.

Old March 23rd 12, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

"Catlady" wrote in message

http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is
[...]

It is well known that Caboodle Ranch has a problem with coyotes. At
onet ime, there was even a plea on their website for donations for a
coyote proof fence. Craig had a fence thatwas reportedly only abou 5
feet tall and coyotes and cat can scale such a fence easily.Cats
regularly got out of the fenced areas (and the coyotes got in) and
would go to neighboring houses. There is a photo that exists of a
bunch of cats from Caboodle Ranch outside of the compound walking down
the road.

Old March 23rd 12, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Catlady" wrote in message
http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is
[...]

Craig was a master at hiding the disaster. I have no doubt that what
Dan was "allowed" to see looked ok.

This is horrible if they are true photos from there.

They ARE true. Most were people that went down to volunteer and came
back with an entirely different, horrified perspective of what was
happening there.

When I look at these, it really shocks me and makes me realise how lucky my
boy is. *The worst thing he worries about is if his meal is 5 minutes late
or whether or not to get on his duvet. *Or should he go out on rat patrol
when he can't really be bothered.

And hopefully these cats will go on to have the same worries as your
treasured boy. They deserve nothing less.

Go See The Caboodle Ranch Mosey =^..^=[_7_] Cat community 0 January 6th 11 02:26 AM
Caboodle Ranch Sherry Cat anecdotes 5 November 26th 10 07:42 PM
I got to visit Caboodle Ranch Dan M Cat anecdotes 42 August 2nd 10 08:01 AM
Caboodle Ranch ("The Promised Land for Cats") [email protected] Cat anecdotes 34 July 2nd 10 09:44 PM
Caboodle Ranch tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 1 March 11th 09 06:06 PM