Louis almost dies, and gives us the finger

Old March 14th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Louis almost dies, and gives us the finger

Louis the Bengal came stumbling into our kitchen around 1AM, while we
were on the phone with the clinic regarding our resident teen girl's
acute illness.

He crept in, lowing, with his tail between his legs. Any touch made
him growl with that frightening sub-sonic Bengal growl.

We took him to the emergency clinic. No obstructions, but his
temperature was 105.5, and he was clearly in pain (usually cats will
hide discomfort, but Louis was howling and obviously uncomfortable).

The emergency vet prescribed antibiotics, and told us to see our vet,
which we did the next day. He did a full blood work-up and x-ray. No
blockages, no obvious infections. He told me that cats' fevers can
spike up with trauma, and I thought maybe he'd had a scrape with our
resident bitch female. He added an anti-inflammatory to Louis'
prescription.

That night, Louis seemed better.

We noticed that night that he had a large lump in his lower
hind-quarters. The vet said it may have been a migration of the
sub-cutaneous saline injection, given to rehydrate him in reaction to
his fever.

The lump stayed for days, and after some time we could feel a wound at
the top of it. The lump shrank, and Louis seemed happy, though he had
that clump of matted fur on his flank.

A few days ago, I sat down at my laptop, and found a lump of fur and
flesh on the keyboard.

The lump had shrunk, and Louis had apparently bitten off the scab and
left it on my workspace, perhaps saying "daddy, I'm better now!".

We love all our cats. We feel a special responsibility to Louis since
we bought him from a breeder, and he's wound up having a very unusual
personality. He doesn't have Tiger's moggie genes to toughen him up
against illness - so he's a special kitty.

I still feel grateful that we bought him, instead of a clueless family
looking for a trophy cat.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old March 14th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Nice story. Glad the little Bengal is okay!

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old March 15th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Brian Link wrote:
[...]

Im sorry have we met?
--

yuk yuk yuk

Glad the little fella is steel with you

are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION

Old March 15th 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Miami Jones wrote:

Glad the little fella is steel with you

are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION

Your wife is a bigfoot ain't she

you shaved her down and taught her how to talk.

your damn kids say goonie goo goo

you take her fishing and she sticks her head in the water to grab a
fish tween her teeth.

poor blink

Old March 15th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 14 Mar 2006 21:03:12 -0800, "Miami Jones"
wrote:

Miami Jones wrote:

Glad the little fella is steel with you

are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION

Your wife is a bigfoot ain't she

you shaved her down and taught her how to talk.

your damn kids say goonie goo goo

you take her fishing and she sticks her head in the water to grab a
fish tween her teeth.

poor blink

Sad sad trolls here,

Can we at least hope for intellgent trolls?

I mean, thiis is just pitiful.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old March 15th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

LOOK! no offense to you bigfoot types...geeeez sorry

"Barb" wrote in message
. verio.net...
Block-em

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old March 15th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Block-em

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old March 16th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

Miami Jones wrote:

Glad the little fella is steel with you

are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION

Your wife is a bigfoot ain't she

you shaved her down and taught her how to talk.

your damn kids say goonie goo goo

you take her fishing and she sticks her head in the water to grab a
fish tween her teeth.

poor blink

Sad sad trolls here,

Can we at least hope for intellgent trolls?

I mean, thiis is just pitiful.

He is quoting Eddie Murphy.

hth. hand.
Old March 16th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Kitkat" wrote in message
. com...
wrote:

Miami Jones wrote:

Glad the little fella is steel with you

are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION

Your wife is a bigfoot ain't she

you shaved her down and taught her how to talk.

your damn kids say goonie goo goo

you take her fishing and she sticks her head in the water to grab a
fish tween her teeth.

poor blink

Sad sad trolls here,

Can we at least hope for intellgent trolls?

I mean, thiis is just pitiful.

He is quoting Eddie Murphy.

hth. hand.

KitKat! Where you been, Chica?

Old March 16th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Miami Jones wrote:
i can't get by with nothing

ya'll won't let me have anything

next time, ill pull out some flip wilson

then..THEN

silly top poster. i was just coverin your back since clearly no one knew
wtf you were talking about with the bigfoot references and ****. i know
that entire routine word for word.

i gotta jet to my gunigugu mobile now and get the **** out. and if my
wife dont like it, she can get the **** out too.