As fate would have it

Old April 27th 07, 10:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JBHajos

Default As fate would have it

Carrie works as a groomer in one of the local PetSmarts we patronize.
She lost her 10-year-old cat, Rosie, when she moved to a new house
last fall. Despite ads, flyers, searches of old and new
neighborhoods, Rosie was never found. Last week, our PetSmart hosted
an adoption day for one of the rescue groups, who were setting up
cages of adoptable kitties. While passing by the cages, Carrie
suddenly screamed and cried. What on earth did she see in the cage??
Yup!! Rosie!!!

Resigned to never seeing her again, Carrie is understandably ecstatic
at the neat twist of fate - that Rosie just *happened* to come to that
particular rescue group that just *happened* to have an adoption day
at the PetSmart where Carrie just *happens* to work. It's great when
Fate deals a kind hand.

Jeanne
Old April 27th 07, 10:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

JBHajos wrote:
Carrie works as a groomer in one of the local PetSmarts we patronize.
She lost her 10-year-old cat, Rosie, when she moved to a new house
last fall. Despite ads, flyers, searches of old and new
neighborhoods, Rosie was never found. Last week, our PetSmart hosted
an adoption day for one of the rescue groups, who were setting up
cages of adoptable kitties. While passing by the cages, Carrie
suddenly screamed and cried. What on earth did she see in the cage??
Yup!! Rosie!!!

Resigned to never seeing her again, Carrie is understandably ecstatic
at the neat twist of fate - that Rosie just *happened* to come to that
particular rescue group that just *happened* to have an adoption day
at the PetSmart where Carrie just *happens* to work. It's great when
Fate deals a kind hand.

Jeanne

What a wonderful happy story, thank you so much for posting it.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 27th 07, 10:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt

On 27 Apr, 11:23, (JBHajos) wrote:
Carrie works as a groomer in one of the local PetSmarts we patronize.
She lost her 10-year-old cat, Rosie, when she moved to a new house
last fall. Despite ads, flyers, searches of old and new
neighborhoods, Rosie was never found. Last week, our PetSmart hosted
an adoption day for one of the rescue groups, who were setting up
cages of adoptable kitties. While passing by the cages, Carrie
suddenly screamed and cried. What on earth did she see in the cage??
Yup!! Rosie!!!

Resigned to never seeing her again, Carrie is understandably ecstatic
at the neat twist of fate - that Rosie just *happened* to come to that
particular rescue group that just *happened* to have an adoption day
at the PetSmart where Carrie just *happens* to work. It's great when
Fate deals a kind hand.

Jeanne

Oh, that is a miracle! How wonderful!
I hope Rosie is also happy to be home again.
Elisabet

Old April 27th 07, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

This story really gives hope.
It is amazing how cats find ways to come back to their hoomins.
I don`t belive in pure chance - I believe that miracles are triggered
by resonance
and that cats have more ways (dimensions) available than humans know
of. :-)

Bettina

Old April 27th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Apr 27, 3:54 am, Bettina wrote:
This story really gives hope.
I don`t belive in pure chance - I believe that miracles are triggered
by resonance
and that cats have more ways (dimensions) available than humans know
of.

I totally agree! What a wonderful, awesome reunion for BOTH of them!!

PatM

Old April 27th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

JBHajos wrote:
Carrie works as a groomer in one of the local PetSmarts we patronize.
She lost her 10-year-old cat, Rosie, when she moved to a new house
last fall. Despite ads, flyers, searches of old and new
neighborhoods, Rosie was never found. Last week, our PetSmart hosted
an adoption day for one of the rescue groups, who were setting up
cages of adoptable kitties. While passing by the cages, Carrie
suddenly screamed and cried. What on earth did she see in the cage??
Yup!! Rosie!!!

Jeanne

Fantastic news! I'm so happy for her (and for Rosie).

This is the reason why, even though Persia is an indoor cat, she wears a
collar with a tag with her name and my phone number on it. And she's
chipped. She got away from me once about a month or so after she acquired
me and I thought I'd never see her again. I was so upset. She already had
the collar (just took her a day or two to get used it) because it looked so
pretty against her blue fur After this adventure the engraved tag
immediately followed as did the chipping.

Jill

Old April 27th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"JBHajos" wrote

| Carrie works as a groomer in one of the local PetSmarts we patronize.
| She lost her 10-year-old cat, Rosie, when she moved to a new house
| last fall. Despite ads, flyers, searches of old and new
| neighborhoods, Rosie was never found. Last week, our PetSmart hosted
| an adoption day for one of the rescue groups, who were setting up
| cages of adoptable kitties. While passing by the cages, Carrie
| suddenly screamed and cried. What on earth did she see in the cage??
| Yup!! Rosie!!!
|
| Resigned to never seeing her again, Carrie is understandably ecstatic
| at the neat twist of fate - that Rosie just *happened* to come to that
| particular rescue group that just *happened* to have an adoption day
| at the PetSmart where Carrie just *happens* to work. It's great when
| Fate deals a kind hand.

It makes me glow to read this, imagining the ecstasy!

Old April 27th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

JBHajos wrote:
Carrie works as a groomer in one of the local PetSmarts we patronize.
She lost her 10-year-old cat, Rosie, when she moved to a new house
last fall. Despite ads, flyers, searches of old and new
neighborhoods, Rosie was never found. Last week, our PetSmart hosted
an adoption day for one of the rescue groups, who were setting up
cages of adoptable kitties. While passing by the cages, Carrie
suddenly screamed and cried. What on earth did she see in the cage??
Yup!! Rosie!!!

What a lovely story! Happy tears for Carrie and Rosie.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban
Old April 27th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

JBHajos wrote:

Carrie works as a groomer in one of the local PetSmarts we patronize.
She lost her 10-year-old cat, Rosie, when she moved to a new house
last fall. Despite ads, flyers, searches of old and new
neighborhoods, Rosie was never found. Last week, our PetSmart hosted
an adoption day for one of the rescue groups, who were setting up
cages of adoptable kitties. While passing by the cages, Carrie
suddenly screamed and cried. What on earth did she see in the cage??
Yup!! Rosie!!!

Wow, that's amazing. What a sweet story with a very happy ending.

How did the rescue group handle it? Did Carrie have to prove she was
Rosie's human? Did she have to "re-adopt" Rosie? Or did the rescue folks
already know Carrie and trust her?

I wonder if there are good techniques for introducing an indoor/outdoor
cat to a new neighborhood, in such a way that the kitty won't get disoriented
and try to go back to the old neighborhood? For example, taking the cat out
on a leash every day for some specified amount of time, until the person
has a good reason to believe the cat knows the new area and understands
that "home" is the new house, not the old one.

People have to jump through hoops to introduce a new cat into a household
that already has a cat (or cats), so it makes sense to me that moving to a
new house would require some adjustment procedure, if the cat is going to
go outside.

Just curious.

Joyce