Status of donations for Kenzie's ultrasound?

Old October 14th 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dberrycat

Default Status of donations for Kenzie's ultrasound?

I was wondering how Kenzie is doing and how close we have come to
donating what is needed for her ultrasound? How much more is needed?

Debbie Berry
Old October 14th 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"dberrycat" wrote in message
I was wondering how Kenzie is doing and how close we have come to
donating what is needed for her ultrasound? How much more is needed?

Debbie Berry

When I phoned in my donation yesterday, they weren't able to give me an
exact figure, but thought it was still pretty low.

Joy

Old October 14th 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

dberrycat wrote:

I was wondering how Kenzie is doing and how close we have come to
donating what is needed for her ultrasound? How much more is needed?

According to Gandalf, from my last email exchange with him, we are still
$120 US short of the goal. But I also saw a post from Joy saying she
just made a donation, so we might be closer to that now (since my last
email from Gandalf was yesterday).

Thanks for asking, I've been wondering how to bring this up without
sounding like your local public TV or radio station.

Joyce

--
I don't know that I will ever trust again
It's a price I must pay for all my sins

Old October 15th 10, 08:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gandalf wrote:

I'm ready to go out and stand at a freeway entrance with a sign that
says

Out of work.
DESPERATE:
My elderly cat
needs surgery.

Which is close to being true.

I figure if I had a picture of Kenzie, it might help.

I see people panhandling with signs like that all the time, and the
local news reports say they make good money.

I don't think this is such a bad idea. If you can put one of the
adorable color photos of her that you've posted here onto a CD or
flash drive, you could go to a copy center and print it out there.
I don't think it's too expensive, especially since you'd only need
one photo.

I actually got a call yesterday from a guy who had seen my resume on one
of the 15 or 20 sites where I have posted it.

But, because of my disabilities, I can't do the work

One of his first questions was 'can you lift 50 pounds?'

I wonder if they ask women that?

Absolutely! Probably more often than men get asked this, because
people are more likely to assume women might not be able to lift that
much.

I can barely lift a 25 bag of cat litter; every time I do, I hurt
myself

I know how you feel - I used to be much stronger, but now I always
worry that I'm going to throw my back out or do something else really
bad to myself.

Joyce

--
The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old October 15th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:05:35 -0700 (PDT), dberrycat
wrote:

I was wondering how Kenzie is doing and how close we have come to
donating what is needed for her ultrasound? How much more is needed?

Debbie Berry

How does one donate?
Old October 15th 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dberrycat

On Oct 15, 2:07*am, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
On 14 Oct 2010 19:58:55 GMT, wrote:

dberrycat wrote:

I was wondering how Kenzie is doing and how close we have come to
donating what is needed for her ultrasound? *How much more is needed?

According to Gandalf, from my last email exchange with him, we are still
$120 US short of the goal. But I also saw a post from Joy saying she
just made a donation, so we might be closer to that now (since my last
email from Gandalf was yesterday).

snip

Gandalf,
Please check in with your vet later today. There should be enough
today to cover Kenzie's
ultrasound.

Debbie
Old October 15th 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dberrycat

wrote:

I was wondering how Kenzie is doing and how close we have come to
donating what is needed for her ultrasound? *How much more is needed?

Debbie Berry

How does one donate?

As per Gandalf's Oct 4 posting:

checks can be sent directly to my clinic,

Uptown Veterinarian
3131 Hennepin Ave. So.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55408
ATTN: Kate

Kenzie's name MUST be included with the check. And the line 'ATTN:
Kate'
is very important, so it gets to the right person!

Credit card payments can be made by calling the clinic directly: 612
825-6859.

People must ask for either Kate or Traci, on the phone to make a
donation, and again Kenzie's, name MUST be used.

Old October 15th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

I was wondering how Kenzie is doing and how close we have come to
donating what is needed for her ultrasound? *How much more is needed?

Debbie Berry

How does one donate?

As per Gandalf's Oct 4 posting:

checks can be sent directly to my clinic,

Uptown Veterinarian
3131 Hennepin Ave. So.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55408
ATTN: Kate

Kenzie's name MUST be included with the check. And the line 'ATTN:
Kate'
is very important, so it gets to the right person!

Credit card payments can be made by calling the clinic directly: 612
825-6859.

People must ask for either Kate or Traci, on the phone to make a
donation, and again Kenzie's, name MUST be used.

Let us know if they made the goal then.
Old October 15th 10, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

and we called and used visa debit, was easy once we got the person to
understand who/what we wanted to do, Lee