Kenzie at RB, 1995 - Oct 23, 2010

Old October 23rd 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Kenzie at RB, 1995 - Oct 23, 2010

I thought Kenzie was doing better.

I was wrong

As soon as the vet tech took Kenzie out of the carrier, she said 'Oh
oh!', and went and got the vet.

I had not noticed that Kenzie's legs were quite stiff when I put her in
the carrier: she was too sick to fight me, and I just slid her from the
cage, where she had been 'sleeping' on the heating pad, right into the
carrier.

Every time my car went over a bump on the way to the vet clinic, though,
Kenzie let out a cry of pain

When the vet came, she said that Kenzie was dying, and right while we
were talking, Kenzie started coughing... a 'wet' cough I had never heard
before.

My vet said Kenzie was suffering, and it was 'time'.

She gave me a little time with Kenzie. I don't think Kenzie knew I was
there.

I kissed the top of her head, like I always loved to, and I scritched
both of her ears at the same time, as she always loved me to. Her eyes
opened a little, and she seemed to look at me, though she didn't purr

Kenzie still had an IV catheter, so it was easy to administer the pink
euthanasia solution.

Kenzie just went limp, and she left for the Rainbow Bridge.

Just like that: Kenzie is gone forever.

I cut a little bit of her pretty fur: some white, some orange, and some
black fur, and folded it in a piece of paper.

I always wished I had done that with Lucky and Blizzard.

I will put it into a small glass jar, to help me remember how pretty she
was.

The vet was VERY upset, and kept apologizing to me, as if it was her
fault.

I told her that is wasn't, and she said 'I know, I know. It's just so
unfair, for this to happen to Kenzie and you. You've taken such good
care of her, for so long, and then to have this happen...it's just not
fair'.

'Most people don't do anything to take good care of their pets; they
feed them cheap food, and never bring them in for check-ups or ANYTHING,
and their pets never seem to get sick.'

'It always seem to happen nice people like you, and nice cats, like
Kenzie. It's just so unfair.'

We talked a little longer, but I can't remember what we said.

Finally she said 'I'd like to give you a hug, if you want me to'.

And she did.

How nice is that?

I still have to bury Kenzie

I wish I had more pictures of her; I only have one really nice one; she
just didn't like to have her picture taken.

My sweet calico kitty, Kenzie, whom I loved so very much, is gone.

She will never again jump on my lap, while I'm trying to type on my
computer, insisting I give her scritches....she NEVER wanted me to stop.

She didn't have a single bad habit... not ONE.

She asked for attention, but never demanded it.

Not once, ever, did she jump up on the kitchen counter, the dining room
table, or my computer table. Not once.

She never woke me up, demanding to be fed. When I got up, she would go
over to her empty food dish, and stand over it and meow, but that was
all she ever did.

When she was overweight, and I had to strictly measure out LESS than 1/2
cup of food a day, she ate her small amount of food, and would meow to
ask for more, but only for a little while.

When she got sick, first with hyperthyroidism, and then her other
illnesses, She was always SO GOOD about letting me give her her pills.

Sometimes, I didn't get them far enough back on her tongue, and she
would spit them out. And then she would just sit there, and let me try
again.

The tapezole was VERY bitter, but she never, EVER even tried to make it
hard to give her her medications.

I have met many cats. Some are friendlier, and more outgoing than Kenzie
was, but I never met a cat with such a sweet disposition.

How I miss her, already.

My house is so empty.

I'm all alone here, now

I want to thank all of my friends on RPCA who donated so much of their
hard earned money, to help me try to save her. I'm so sorry it didn't
work.

Rest in peace at the Bridge, sweet Kenzie

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, and the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico RB kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old October 23rd 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

I don't know what to say I just popped in for a moment before bedtime
and found this......

I am in tears I can't see to type anymore
Old October 23rd 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_3_]

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message
I thought Kenzie was doing better.

I was wrong

Rest in peace at the Bridge, sweet Kenzie

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

I'm so sorry. :*( I'm sure you'll meet up with her in the
future..........

Old October 23rd 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gandalf wrote:

[...]

I am so sorry, Gandalf. It's been a real rollercoaster ride of hope
and despair, but I was really hoping that she'd get through this. I'm
so sorry she had to suffer at all, but at least now she is no longer
in pain. I'm really sad that she's gone - there's always been something
about Kenzie that touched me. I like almost all cats, but some just
*get* to me, and Kenzie was one of them. I will miss her, but I can't
imagine how much you are missing her. Purrs for your grief and loneliness.

And I know it can be hard to stay on this newsgroup after a devastating
loss like this, but I hope you will anyway, because this is a place
where you can get company and support, and where people care about
what happens to you.

Many purrs,
Joyce
Old October 23rd 10, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Oct 23, 1:50*pm, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
I want to thank all of my friends on RPCA who donated so much of their
hard earned money, to help me try to save her. I'm so sorry it didn't
work.

Don't say that we helped as best we could you don't have to apologise
for doing the very best you could for her

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 23rd 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

""....Rise up slowly, Angel...."
It's hard to let you go.

Heartfelt condolences MLB
Old October 23rd 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^ * *

-TC, and the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico RB kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in Heaven..
- Robert Heinlein

""....Rise up slowly, Angel...."
It's hard to let you go.

Heartfelt condolences * MLB- Hide quoted text -

What MLB said. It is so very, very hard. I am so sorry.

Sherry
Old October 23rd 10, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_3_]

In article ,
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:

I thought Kenzie was doing better.

I was wrong

[gently trimmed]

I'm so, so sorry. You gave her the best life that anyone could have, and
she knows that. Love crosses all boundaries, even death, even when it
hurts so much you can hardly breathe.

When you need a new companion (and you may not feel ready at the time)
I'm certain that Kenzie will send you someone who needs you too.

Play hard at the Bridge, Kenzie. You will be (and already are) dearly
missed here.

Could someone post the address and number of the vet clinic again, so I
(and anyone else) might be able to send a thank you for their valiant
efforts to save an angel in cat form?

--
minnow ^..^

http://twitter.com/taheenahana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old October 23rd 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 24/10/2010 7:50 AM, Gandalf wrote:
[...]

Rest in peace Kenzie.

Go to the Bridge, knowing that you had the love of many many people on
this small blue green planet, although none loves you more than your Paw.

Purrs for your broken heart, Gandalf. I'm really really sorry.

Yowie
Old October 23rd 10, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

I am just a lurker here, but i have tears in my eyes reading about poor
Kenzie.... I had hoped she would get better.... I hope your pain will
ease and you will remember all the good memories of her.....