[OT] OK, Where's Our Cold Front???

Old July 29th 05, 04:59 AM

Hopitus wrote:
Now I think Sherry enjoyed a little cooler in OK
but it's hot again now (nothing like the triple-digits, now, tho). As I like
to say, it's all relative! The difference is that in the Lone Star State, I
believe (but don't know) that a/c is as common as where I come from: a
simple "given" in warm-weather life. HERE unless you live in new
construction the maximum cool they go for is those ^*^%( "swamp coolers)
which IMHO are ridiculous. A/C is a true luxury and not that common in
MileHigh
probably 'cause they'd use it so little time in a year. I did find out that
"cold front" is nothing more than fringe benefits from
some halfassed 'cane named Emily. Hah.

It was awesome. Our high for Wed. was 82 and it was in the sixties at
night. However, it was all too weird for the tomatoes still on the
vine, the cold (cool?) rain made them crack open.
I think we're back up to mid-nineties for tomorrow though.

Sherry

Old July 29th 05, 09:43 AM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
The Yahoo! Weather forecast says "high of 92F, currently 95F" -
WTF?!! Where is our promised cold front? Hopitus, did you hijack
our cold front! Give it back now!!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

No, we got it. 60F here, 10.50 pm.

Tweed

It was cooler than that here on the coast. :-(
--
Adrian
Warning! - This newsgroup may contain nuts....

Old July 29th 05, 04:33 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:44:24 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

The Yahoo! Weather forecast says "high of 92F, currently 95F" - WTF?!!
Where is our promised cold front? Hopitus, did you hijack our cold front!
Give it back now!!!! ;

Just to let you know, the cold front made it least as far as SW
Oklahoma - It actually got nippy a couple nights this week ;-)
According to the radio we threatened the record low temperature for
that particular day - down into the upper 50s, and got a little much
needed rain
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old July 29th 05, 06:11 PM
Hopitus

Heh....it was threatening the record *highs* not lows here just before
Emily's
fringes blew through, but I'm glad someone else enjoyed it while it lasted.

Old July 29th 05, 06:48 PM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:59:29 -0700, sriddles wrote:

Hopitus wrote:
[...]

We still have snow on the high mountain peaks. This is unusual for the
end of July. MLB