[OT] Optical illusion

Old November 30th 05, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Optical illusion

Wow!

If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will only see
one color, pink. If you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot
turns to green. Now, concentrate on the black + in the center of the
picture. After a short period of time, all the pink dots will slowly
disappear, and you will only see a green dot rotating if you're lucky! It's
amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, and the pink ones
really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see
what we think we see.

http://tinypic.com/i20sd0.gif

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 30th 05, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Wow!

If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will
only see one color, pink. If you stare at the black + in the center,
the moving dot turns to green. Now, concentrate on the black + in the
center of the picture. After a short period of time, all the pink
dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see a green dot
rotating if you're lucky! It's amazing how our brain works. There
really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear.
This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.

http://tinypic.com/i20sd0.gif

Hugs,

CatNipped

I've seen this before; I'm a bit strange as I saw both pink and green dots
when I did this.

Check out this site - scroll down to the 3-D illusions in the middle of the
page. Click an image to enlarge. Can you believe these were drawn flat on
a sidewalk?!!!!

Jill

Old November 30th 05, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Oops you forgot to post the link. I *love* optical illusions!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 30th 05, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default DOH! [OT] Optical illusion

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Ooops!
http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm

Jill

Old November 30th 05, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote:
Wow!

If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will only see
one color, pink. If you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot
turns to green. Now, concentrate on the black + in the center of the
picture. After a short period of time, all the pink dots will slowly
disappear, and you will only see a green dot rotating if you're lucky! It's
amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, and the pink ones
really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see
what we think we see.

http://tinypic.com/i20sd0.gif

I like this! I haven't seen an optical illusion like this before -
probably because it doesn't translate well to a printed book! Unlike
most other illusions I've seen, this doesn't seem to depend on the
properties of the brain, but the properties of the cone cells in your
eyes. The pink circles fatigue your red cones, leaving a green
afterimage. So the illusion is dependent not so much on where you
look, but on whether you hold your gaze steady or not.

Old December 1st 05, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote:

... your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot...you stare at the black + in the center...concentrate on the black + in the center...you will only see a green dot rotating

AAAGH! Don't say those things!

I've been dealing with a sinus condition all day, I'm trying to
get through Usenet without too much nausea, and you want me to
do what?! I'm cringing just reading the description, and I'm
not even tempted to go find out what that thing looks like.
shudder (But thanks for the pointer anyway. rueful grin)

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old December 1st 05, 08:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Wow!

If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will
only see one color, pink. If you stare at the black + in the center,
the moving dot turns to green. Now, concentrate on the black + in the
center of the picture. After a short period of time, all the pink
dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see a green dot
rotating if you're lucky! It's amazing how our brain works. There
really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear.
This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.

http://tinypic.com/i20sd0.gif

Hugs,

CatNipped

I've seen this before; I'm a bit strange as I saw both pink and green dots
when I did this.

We're strange together. I see the green dots, but the pink ones didn't
disappear.

Joy