Hello .... please allow me to introduce myself

Old December 4th 05, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Hello .... please allow me to introduce myself

Hi, Bertie, and welcome! You look very handsome. I'm very much looking
forward to hearing more about you and your new family.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Cathi wrote:
My name is Sir Bertie, and I've had access to RPCA for a couple of weeks
now, but didn't want to appear pushy. Please, call me Bertie.

I've managed to work my way into a household with three other cats, but
I'm doing very well, all things considering. snip
As for me, I'm three years old, and a Bengal tabby cross, or so I'm
told. If you'd like to see a photo, look he

http://tinyurl.com/amol8

I know the female hoomin here likes spending time on RPCA, so I thought
I'd drop by and say hello. Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Old December 5th 05, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cathi wrote:
My name is Sir Bertie, and I've had access to RPCA for a couple of weeks
now, but didn't want to appear pushy. Please, call me Bertie.

Welcome, Bertie. You picked a good home. I did wonder when your new
Meowmie mentioned your name in a previous post if I'd missed something.
You're quite a gorgeous fella. Hope the older cats soon learn to accept you.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 5th 05, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In message , Marina
writes
Cathi wrote:
My name is Sir Bertie, and I've had access to RPCA for a couple of
weeks now, but didn't want to appear pushy. Please, call me Bertie.

Welcome, Bertie. You picked a good home. I did wonder when your new
Meowmie mentioned your name in a previous post if I'd missed something.
You're quite a gorgeous fella. Hope the older cats soon learn to accept
you.

Well, I guess it's the hoomin's turn to write something, as Bertie is
currently sleeping off his breakfast.

As you may recall we went to the Isle of Wight for a few days recently,
and put the furballs into a local cattery. Sharn, the owner, also works
for Cat Protection, and usually has at least one temporary resident
looking for a home. And my usual reaction is "go away".

This year, Bertie was busy introducing himself to Rich before Sharn had
had the chance to sing his praises. And Rich was smitten, As was I.
We talked about him as we drove to Portsmouth. And over the weekend.
And on the way back. And by the time we got home, we'd decided that if
he was still available, and Sharn was happy, we'd take him. He was, she
was, we did.

He is absolutely gorgeous, and very friendly and affectionate. Quite
capable of taking a flying leap and landing on one's shoulder, or
stretching up on his back paws for a kiss.

Dunno if the photo shows it on your respective monitors, but his eyes
are blue, and very crossed. And his voice is a bit Siamese-y too. It's
hard to feel miserable if that goofy face is staring at you!

The older two aren't terribly enamoured of him, although we've not had
the squabbles that they had with Fenchurch. He's rather bigger, and
much less cantankerous than she is; I do think a lot of their fights
were caused by her as much as by Jasper and Carrie! As for Fenny
herself, they are frequently to be found snoozing on the same bed,
although not curled up in a purring heap, and play together, chasing
around the upstairs rooms.

Anyhow, I can hear a horde of stampeding elephants in the next room, so
I'd better investigate ....

--
Cathi
Old December 5th 05, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cathi" wrote
My name is Sir Bertie, and I've had access to RPCA for a couple of
weeks now, but didn't want to appear pushy. Please, call me Bertie.

Dear Bertie

Welcome to the Group, and the senior Hoolikitten Chapter '03.

We all think you're a fine figure of a fellow, obviously lots of Asian
blue blood in your veins, and will be a fine co-ruler of your hoomins.

Purrs

Claudius, Emperor of Home
Purresident, HK Chapter 05

Old December 5th 05, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 04 Dec 2005 07:30:44a, Cathi wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

As for me, I'm three years old, and a Bengal tabby cross, or so
I'm told. If you'd like to see a photo, look he

http://tinyurl.com/amol8

Well hello Bertie! You look like you have Siamese in you, too. A
pretty tabby point!

I know the female hoomin here likes spending time on RPCA, so I
thought I'd drop by and say hello. Looking forward to hearing
from you all,

--
Cheryl
Old December 5th 05, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cathi wrote:

As for me, I'm three years old, and a Bengal tabby cross, or so I'm
told. If you'd like to see a photo, look he
http://tinyurl.com/amol8

Gorgeous kitty! And with those eyes, I'd say he has a fair bit of
Siamese, too. He's going to be a handful, I'll bet!

Joyce
Old December 6th 05, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cathi wrote:

Dunno if the photo shows it on your respective monitors, but his eyes
are blue, and very crossed. And his voice is a bit Siamese-y too. It's
hard to feel miserable if that goofy face is staring at you!

I thought his eyes looked crossed, but thought it might be a trick of
the camera. I suspect when he's made himself at home, he will be quite a
handful.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 8th 05, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Welcome Sir Bertie, you are a very handsome gentle cat.
Suz&Spicey

Old December 8th 05, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cathi" wrote in message

My name is Sir Bertie, and I've had access to RPCA for a couple of weeks
now, but didn't want to appear pushy. Please, call me Bertie.

snipped rest of intro

I know the female hoomin here likes spending time on RPCA, so I thought
I'd drop by and say hello. Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Greetings Sir Bertie.

I'm His royal Feline Lordship Tiger, and I live with Lady Pandora, Cleo
Jelly Belly and the newest pain in the butt addition, Lily. It's fair to
say I have my own harem. ;o)

Welcome to the group Bertie.

HRFL.

Old December 10th 05, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cathi wrote:

I found this picture of me on a website trying to find me a new home: I
think it shows my blue eyes to their best advantage.

http://tinyurl.com/cuobw

The colour is beautiful, but can you see anything with them so very
crossed? Never mind, you're a handsome boy anyway.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi