Ping: Catnipped

Old July 24th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

Default Ping: Catnipped

Hi

I am so sorry to read about the heartbreak you are living through
with Tayla and the effect she is having on your household.

Unlike many in this group, I do believe that cats have
personalities of their own and that some have behavior issues
that just can't be changed. I support your decision that this
one cat is disrupting things in your home too much for the other
cats to be able to be happy living with her, and it's only fair
to the rest of the cats that you take her back and let her have a
chance to be adopted by someone who only wants one cat and won't
have to deal with the problems this cat is causing for you. And
since it's a no-kill shelter, I'm sure they'll strive to find her
the right environment to suit her needs.

not only are all the other cats in your home stressed but you are
stressed too! I don't think Tayla will change her ways, and even
if the other cats get used to her, they'll never be quite
comfortable relaxing with her around, not knowing when she's
going to decide to assert her authority and chase them off. Not
to mention that she's doing herself no favor by eating all the
other cat's food!

Do yourself a favor and take her back -- today! you have tried
very hard to make this work, but some things are just not meant
to be.

good luck
Sara

Old July 24th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Catnipped

"Normin" wrote in message
Hi

I am so sorry to read about the heartbreak you are living through with
Tayla and the effect she is having on your household.

Thanks Sara!

I think as sad as it is, and as hard as it is for me to admit defeat, that
the best solution is to give Tayla back to be adopted by someone with no
other animals in the house. I talked to the owner of Sunmart and she
absolutely agreed with me that this wasn't a good placement for Tayla. She
did ask that I keep her until this weekend so they have time to arrange for
one of their fosterers to take her. Ben and I have already vetted her so
she won't need any more medical attention for a year, but we're also
planning on donating enough to the shelter to pay for her board until they
can adopt her into an "only cat" household. I will miss her, she is such a
sweet cat when she's with only me or Ben, but I will be glad to get my Sammy
back to normal. I'm just afraid I have already broken her trust in me - I
*SO* hope I haven't damaged our relationship beyond repair.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 24th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

"Normin" wrote in message
[...]

It's NOT defeat, not at all - it just wasn't meant to be. Don't think of
it that way.

Bobble
--
Have you hugged your cat today?

Sonny's web page -- http://web.ncf.ca/ai151/index2.html
Old July 24th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"bobblespin" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in
:

"Normin" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you! I just really feel so bad about this - I so wanted to rescue
that sweet little girl and I do feel like I failed her. Since I know the
owner of Sunmart, I will be able to keep track of what happens to Tayla, and
I will feel so much better when she gets the home that was meant for her!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Bobble

Old July 24th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

"Normin" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for Tayla to find a suitable foreverhome and purrs for Sammy to
forgive you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 24th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Normin" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Adrian. I'll certainly let everyone here know when Tayla does find
her foreverhome. As pretty and as sweet as she is I have hopes that it
won't be long from now - she *WILL* make a *PERFECT* only cat.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 25th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:

Purrs for Tayla to find a suitable foreverhome and purrs for Sammy to
forgive you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Thanks Adrian. I'll certainly let everyone here know when Tayla does
find her foreverhome. As pretty and as sweet as she is I have hopes
that it won't be long from now - she *WILL* make a *PERFECT* only cat.

And this is what I think every time someone tells me I need to get another
cat to keep Persia entertained. She is the perfect only cat. She would not
do well with another cat and I know it. Please do keep us informed about
Tayla. Purrs for Sammy to get back to her normal Sammy-ness ASAP.

Jill

Old July 25th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:27:13 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

Thank you! I just really feel so bad about this - I so wanted to rescue
that sweet little girl and I do feel like I failed her.

That's because you did fail her. You forced them all together without
doing a proper introduction in the first place. Plus you only gave them a
short time to learn to live together. Then you thought of back tracking
and separating them to be reintroduced properly. You felt it wouldn't
work without even trying it. You gave up on her without even trying.
Nothing you can say can refute that fact. So yes by all means take her
back, as Tayla will no doubt get a better home than yours ever was
shortly. Oh, perhaps take the kittens back while you at it I don't think
your fit to care for them either. You are such a joke.

ok, now all the RPCA cheerleaders will chime in in your defense. Even
though there isn't one with any validity.
Old July 25th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

"R" wrote in message
[...]

no, R, you are the joke, and a pretty sick one. No need to be
so cruel to someone who is already having her heart broken.
Sara

Old July 25th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

R wrote:

[worthless meanness deleted]

ok, now all the RPCA cheerleaders will chime in in your defense. Even
though there isn't one with any validity.

If you have so little respect for the people of this newsgroup, why
do you hang around here? Is it because you're unable to get any friends
you *do* respect, and are stuck hanging out with people you consider
losers? Must suck to be you.

PLONK.

Joyce

Ping Catnipped Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 4 July 3rd 07 09:17 PM
PING: CatNipped Jeanne Cat anecdotes 2 January 13th 07 01:55 PM
PING CATNIPPED NMR Cat anecdotes 4 February 28th 06 02:44 PM
PING Catnipped NMR Cat anecdotes 6 February 3rd 06 05:43 PM
Ping Catnipped Tanada Cat anecdotes 10 March 23rd 05 05:34 AM