Kitty has Diarrhea

Old January 14th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

Default Kitty has Diarrhea

Hi everyone. My cat, Trouble, has been on Hills C/D dry food since late
October when he blocked (and Iams packet semi moist). About a month ago, he
had a very short bout of diarrhea and had a reoccurence yesterday. Could the
diarrhea be related to the C/D? Not to be too descriptive, but it is the
same exact color as the food and smells terrible. But, like I said, it does
not last long and he is drinking plenty of water so I am not worried about
dehydration. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Old January 14th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

Yes and he is fine in that department.

Gail wrote:
Has he been checked for worms and parasites?
Gail
Hi everyone. My cat, Trouble, has been on Hills C/D dry food since late
October when he blocked (and Iams packet semi moist). About a month ago,

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Old January 14th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

I wouldn't think that the diarrhea is related to the C/D. Cats sometimes get
the runs if they are switched to new food but that usually doesn't happen
after a couple of months. If it was an intolerance to the C/D then I
wouldn't expect it to have cleared up on it's own last month. Is it possible
that Trouble ate something last month and again yesterday that he usually
doesn't get? Table scraps or some other new food or flavor? Does he go
outside where he could have picked up some intestinal parasite? If it
persists then, of course, check with your vet.

Old January 14th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

I am trying to think if he has eaten out of the ordinary lately. I usually
do not give my cats any table food, but, of course, every now and then they
get a bite or two. I had pasta roni last night and I let him lick the bowl
afterwards and I did notice the diarrhea after that now that I think of it.
He does not go outside. I will definitely call the vet if it persists, but
it is already getting better just like last time.