@#*%)^@ Cats!

Old August 9th 03, 06:15 AM
Sharon

.amen to that!....having had two cats disappear without a trace, i decided
i would never go thru that heartache again....i have two indoor only cats
who never have fleas, never get into fights, will never be eaten by
coyotes or raccoons, and will never be run over by a car....they are
happy, healthy animals

Oh my yes! On average they live much, much longer than outdoor cats with a
pretty good chance of having real quality of life in the later years -
pretty darn good life actually! Our kitty is scared to even venture near the
door and in her 16th year (hold on, doing math...) 15th.... she has awesome
health and spends all of her time in my oldest son's room looking out the
window, facing off between the glass with the gerbil and playing with her
toys. Once cats hit that "geriatric" or "senior" age at 7-8 years old the
difference in the outdoor vs. indor cats in our practice is quite obvious.

But in any case - ain't cats grand? We have a Pity Kitty hanging around our
desks these days who was brought in by a good samaritan with about 3/4 of
her right side burned, we think by a car engine. She's the best. The good
ones always find you!

-Sharon

Old August 9th 03, 06:24 AM
murphy

In article , "Sharon"
wrote:

Once cats hit that "geriatric" or "senior" age at 7-8 years old the
difference in the outdoor vs. indor cats in our practice is quite obvious.

.....vet practice i assume??...i was married to one for about 100
years....so know only too well the price outdoor cats pay for their
freedom...

But in any case - ain't cats grand?

.......yes i am a real cat lover....i have two - both rescued from
shelters....a himalayan brought home as an adult and a calico adopted as a
kitten....they are great fun and good company....

We have a Pity Kitty hanging around our
desks these days who was brought in by a good samaritan with about 3/4 of
her right side burned, we think by a car engine. She's the best. The good
ones always find you!

....thats true...i think they have a list they circulate among themselves
of the 'will show no resistance' humans on the planet....!!

murphy

Old August 9th 03, 04:18 PM
murphy

In article , "Sharon"
wrote:

...thats true...i think they have a list they circulate among themselves
of the 'will show no resistance' humans on the planet....!!

They also tend to have a "sucker list" of folks that will take them in! Must
be written on our mailboxes.

-Sharon

.......oh!....so thats what the "s" is..LOL!!

murphy

Old August 9th 03, 04:39 PM
Larry Smith

"murphy" wrote in message
In article , "Sharon"
wrote:

...thats true...i think they have a list they circulate among

themselves
of the 'will show no resistance' humans on the planet....!!

They also tend to have a "sucker list" of folks that will take them in!

Must
be written on our mailboxes.

-Sharon

......oh!....so thats what the "s" is..LOL!!

murphy

Go away, moron.