Kitty Kisses

Old April 29th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi

Default Kitty Kisses

As some of you may know, I have quite the cat crew here. (17) I was
giving kisses to a couple of them, and realized they all had their own
way of "kissing". Here are a few of them: Toby and Amanda give kisses
on your upper lip or nose. When you ask Kelsie if she wants a kiss,
she will tilt her head and nod yes, and she lets you kiss her on the
top of the nose. Marble will rub his face on yours, Jacob pushes his
head into your lips, then licks your face. Kiara (aka Ernie), blows
kisses - she leans towards you, and sniffs at your face. She will
allow you to kiss her head, but she has to be in the mood. Boyce will
give you hugs and cheek kisses, and Bear will let me kiss the tip of
his nose. Sasquatch likes his cheek kissed, and his brother, Cougar,
just loves to be kissed, it doesn't matter where!

How does your cat like to be kissed?
Mishi and the Bridgeport Clowder
Old April 29th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:11:51 -0500, Mishi
yodeled:

[...]

Stinky is the big kissy boy around here. He was kissy from day one.
He has always climbed on me, and sniffed my mouth, and also headbutted
me around the mouth. So he gets kisses on the nose and on the top of
the head. Dante is too busy for kisses lately.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 29th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Mishi wrote:
As some of you may know, I have quite the cat crew here. (17) I was
giving kisses to a couple of them, and realized they all had their own
way of "kissing".

(snip cuteness)
How does your cat like to be kissed?
Mishi and the Bridgeport Clowder

I only have one cat. She lets me kiss the top of her head, right between
her ears. That's about it.

Jill

Old April 29th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Jazz (RB) loved giving kisses. If you told him: Give me
leeeetle kisses, he would lick the tip of your nose with
his tongue. If you told him: Give me biiiiiig kisses, he would
practically shove his whole tongue into your nostrils.
Sometimes if you asked for kisses and he wasn't in the mood
he would bend his head down and you got to kiss the top of
his head.

Lily loves to be carried around and gives kisses by licking
your cheek as she is carried around with her head on your
shoulder.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 29th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Apr 29, 9:10 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Mishi wrote:
As some of you may know, I have quite the cat crew here. (17) I was
giving kisses to a couple of them, and realized they all had their own
way of "kissing".

(snip cuteness)
How does your cat like to be kissed?
Mishi and the Bridgeport Clowder

I only have one cat. She lets me kiss the top of her head, right between
her ears. That's about it.

Jill

That's about it for my girls, too. They vastly prefer behind the ear
and under the chin scritches. And a good rub at the base of the tail
is a purr producer. Francesca likes to lie on my chest when I'm in
my reclining chair, and I know she's enjoying cat/hoomin communion
when she starts drooling. =o) Nina sticks to purring, and is much less
of a drooler.

Melissa

Old April 29th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dopekitty

On Apr 29, 10:11 am, Mishi wrote:
[...]

When I'm holding Tygra, all I usually have to do to get a kiss is ask,
or make kissy noises at her. She will oblige with at least a quick
nose touch to my lips, and other times will lick my lip. Possum isn't
a fan of kissing, he just loves his skritches. If I try to kiss him
on the face he turns his face away, unless i hold it still, in which
case he simply looks uncomfortable for a second then hops down.

Kristy

Old April 29th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Mishi kirjoitti:
snip
How does your cat like to be kissed?
Mishi and the Bridgeport Clowder

My boys are no kissers. Laku likes headbutting and having "smoochy
faces" with me (me holding my face against his head or face) and starts
to purr at it. Nico OTOH lays his ears flat against his head and turns
away when I try to smooch with him, like the kid he is, "aawww c'mon
mum...".

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old April 29th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mishi wrote:

How does your cat like to be kissed?

Roxy loves to give nose-to-nose kisses (rubs). It's mandatory when I
first come home from work - she sits on the kitty platform (about thigh-
high) next to the front door, and expects me to stop the minute I enter
to give her nose rubs. And she's all about nose-rubbing when in high-
powered cuddle mode.

Licky seems to enjoy it when I kiss the top of his head, if he's in a
pet-me-I'm-purring kind of mood. I'll smooch away on his forehead when
cuddling him, and he just lays there purring.

Smudge doesn't like it much - she shrinks her head away if I try to
bend toward her to kiss her.

With both girls, if they're standing facing away from me, and I come up
behind them, then I can lift up the front part of them by their shoulders,
and kiss the back of their heads. Licky would never allow such a thing -
he's way too paranoid to allow anyone to come up behind him!

Joyce
Old April 30th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:11:51 -0500, Mishi wrote:

[...]

TuTu is a love bug and appreciates all affection. MLB

Old April 30th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Mishi wrote:

How does your cat like to be kissed?

Caliban is my kissy boy. The first time I met him, he climbed up my arm
and kissed me in the face, and I was sold. Sometimes I see him just
siting around, looking cute, and I walk towards him making kissy noises,
and he squints and stretches his head up to receive my kiss. He also
climbs in my lap and rubs his face all over mine.

Miranda doesn't really like kissing, but she will put up with it if she
is lying somewhere comfortably. She gets this long-suffering look on her
face, 'ok, kiss me if you must. but make it quick!' I mostly respect her
wishes and don't kiss her face, just her back.

Eeeeek! Kitty kisses! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 16 October 23rd 06 12:50 AM
Kitty Kisses and Nibbles jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 June 18th 06 12:51 PM
Extra kitty kisses these days jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 March 15th 06 04:47 AM
Kitty Kisses jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 November 5th 05 08:18 AM
Kitty Kisses Flippy Cat anecdotes 12 May 31st 05 12:17 PM