Post neutered cat & litter box

Old July 25th 03, 04:21 PM
Scott C. Smith

Default Post neutered cat & litter box

Hello all,

I'm bringing home my kittie today that's just been neutered. What's the
best litter for the litter box while he's recuperating? He's not supposed
to use the standard litter. Any suggestions?

Scott

Old July 25th 03, 04:36 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Scott C. Smith" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm bringing home my kittie today that's just been neutered. What's the
best litter for the litter box while he's recuperating? He's not supposed
to use the standard litter. Any suggestions?

Scott

I'm not sure, except "Yesterday's News" - or any other paper-based litter,
maybe. Or even just rip up packing/newsprint type paper &/or newspaper
(except I'd wonder about the ink of the latter). If you have a shredder,
the contents of its basket might work.

I wasn't advised to use anything other than regular litter when my male cat
was neutered. He licked at the incision site now & again for a few days
(not right after using the litter box, that I noticed), but other than that,
it didn't seem to bother him in the least - IOW, there didn't seem to really
be a recuperation period, AFAHWC. (Op? What op?? g)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old July 25th 03, 05:57 PM
Bill

"Scott C. Smith" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm bringing home my kittie today that's just been neutered. What's the
best litter for the litter box while he's recuperating? He's not supposed
to use the standard litter. Any suggestions?

Scott

There was no instruction from the vet on litter when a male kitten I'm
fostering was neutered.

Your vet should have offered a suggestion as to what to use if "standard
litter" isn't appropriate. Call your vet and ask for their recommendation.

Bill

Old July 26th 03, 02:25 PM
CarliEntin

I also didn't have any "recuperation" requirements. Wendell hid under the
dresser for a while, but then he was his normal self and didn't really seem
bothered by the incision.

Carli
"That's not a bee. That's a bear in a bee costume."