Emery boards?

Old July 27th 03, 02:19 AM
Wojtek

Default Emery boards?

Why do cats like emery boards so much? Mine tries to eat it. And also digs
very deep into my wife's makeup bag to get at it. Is the smell of the glue
they use? Or more of a texture thing?

Old July 27th 03, 02:25 AM
Wojtek

i would have guessed smell, it actually seems like he smells it and then
tries to eat it rather than just rubbing his teeth against it. i guess
trying sandpaper woud eliminate that possibility. I'll try it.

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article , Wojtek at
x wrote on 7/26/03 8:19 PM:

Why do cats like emery boards so much? Mine tries to eat it. And also

digs
very deep into my wife's makeup bag to get at it. Is the smell of the

glue
they use? Or more of a texture thing?

I'd guess texture, but my don't actively LOOK for them! LOL!

Karen

Old July 27th 03, 02:44 AM
Sherry

i would have guessed smell, it actually seems like he smells it and then
tries to eat it rather than just rubbing his teeth against it. i guess
trying sandpaper woud eliminate that possibility. I'll try it.

You're not the first person I've read whose cats go nuts over emery boards. The
other thing is olives (???) ... mine don't notice either. I don't quite
understand your post though...what are you going to try with sandpaper?

Sherry

Old July 27th 03, 03:32 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Sherry " wrote in message
i would have guessed smell, it actually seems like he smells it and then
tries to eat it rather than just rubbing his teeth against it. i guess
trying sandpaper woud eliminate that possibility. I'll try it.

You're not the first person I've read whose cats go nuts over emery

boards. The
other thing is olives (???) ... mine don't notice either.

And another is Q-Tips. None of mine have gone for olives, either, but emery
boards is ringing a faint bell. I keep them in the med. cabinet, so they
usually can't get to them. Maybe I'll test one out on my cats (otoh, maybe
it was a former cat who liked emery boards?)...

I don't quite
understand your post though...what are you going to try with sandpaper?

Sherry

See if he's (he being the cat!) as enthralled w/ a piece of regular
sandpaper as he is w/ emery boards maybe?

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon