Motherthing's Return Post

Old December 18th 04, 04:07 PM
Motherthing

Default Motherthing's Return Post

Okay everybody, yes I disappeared for quite a while. I don't know if I'd
had my second sinus surgery at that time but now it stands at two surgeries
to roto-rooter out my head. I had a great doc and recovered well. I
started exercising at Curves for Women and went on their diet losing 35
pounds. I've since had to stop thanks to inflammation of the digestive
tract that makes eating an adventure! I'm still susceptible to every bug
that comes along so continuously fight off sinus infections and colds. It
really is ltterbox offerings to have a depressed immune system. I had
planned to get the flu shot this year but my doc's office didn't get any and
I couldn't 'justify' my need at the grocery store geriatric mass
innoculations. I've also had some more rounds with skin cancer but my new
gp doc was on a dermatology track before going into family practice, so
she's pretty vigilant.

I've also been found by my biological mother's widower. I have two
half-sisters and a half-brother that I never knew about. This contact has
thrown my dad into insecurity city and I've had to repeatedly remind him
that they are my parents and these people are strangers that I just happen
to share DNA with. All the psychological stresses that go along with this
have not helped on the physical health front.

Rusty has been my rock through all of this and really helped when things got
overwhelming. Jack is still his grumpy self, but now likes to sleep at the
head of my bed. Pinhead is still his psychotic self and is at this moment
holding my daughter down on the couch for his napping comfort. Pookie has
been my great nursecat throughout the whole illness mess and always sleeps
with me when I get even the smallest sniffle. We bought a clipper to shave
the poor baby(Pookie) because he just can't reach where he needs to and he
also loves how it feels to get petted when he's been shaved.

I'm taking a placement test next week to start college and hopefully get
into their nursing program. I gave up my practical nursing license when I
went full time in the mommy business and now it will take the same amount of
time and money to just go for my RN.

I know this has been long, but it's been a while since I've been here. I
have missed the place but haven't had much time for anything but kids, cats
and house.

--
Motherthing

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers
are starving to death.
- Rosalind Russell

Old December 18th 04, 06:39 PM
Victor Martinez

It's good to read you again. Purrs to you, sounds like you need them!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 18th 04, 08:51 PM
Mogget

In message , Motherthing
writes
Okay everybody, yes I disappeared for quite a while.

Snip

Sorry it's been such a rough ride; good to have you back. Purrs!
--
Mogget, the Churl in the Puce Greatcoat
Old December 18th 04, 10:41 PM
CatNipped

"Motherthing" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome back Motherthing, I love your "handle"!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 18th 04, 11:30 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for you and your family,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Motherthing" wrote in message
Okay everybody, yes I disappeared for quite a while. snip

Old December 19th 04, 06:00 AM
Marina

Motherthing wrote:

I know this has been long, but it's been a while since I've been here. I
have missed the place but haven't had much time for anything but kids, cats
and house.

Nice to have you back, Motherthing.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 19th 04, 08:59 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:07:44 GMT, "Motherthing"
wrote:

[...]

Glad to see you back, Motherthing. Sounds like you have been through
a lot. Purrs that your health improves.

I think it's cool your in touch with some bio-family members. I
tracked down mine, and although I can't say I adored all of them, it
is nice to have found them. Hope your dad can understand you're just
adding to your circle, not leaving him out.

Best of luck on going after your RN! I met a woman a few weeks ago
who gave me a ride who has been working as a home care helper for some
40 years. She said she is going to go back to school and get her RN
just for the heck of it! I say good for her, and good for you!

Best of luck,

Ginger-lyn

Old December 20th 04, 07:16 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Motherthing"
wrote:

I know this has been long, but it's been a while since I've been here. I have

missed the place but haven't had much time for anything but kids, cats and
house.

--
Motherthing

Welcome back and Good Health Purrs for 2005.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old December 21st 04, 10:29 PM
Motherthing

"Motherthing" wrote in message
Okay everybody, yes I disappeared for quite a while. I don't know if I'd

Thank you all for the kind words! I'm trying to get back here reasonably
often, but yesterday I broke my toe(if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no
luck at all!) and laid down with ice on it. It's just a greeenstick on the
end of the toe so it's not too bad. I'll try to keep up in the new year...

--
Motherthing

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers
are starving to death.
- Rosalind Russell

Another catch-up post LOL Cat anecdotes 3 February 15th 04 12:35 PM
Multi-Purpose Post LOL Cat anecdotes 4 January 18th 04 09:41 PM
Test post Dennis Crandall Cat health & behaviour 2 December 9th 03 05:46 AM
Getting cat to use scratching post? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 54 November 24th 03 09:10 AM
To post or not...so many people:) Brad Snow Cat anecdotes 5 September 17th 03 04:53 AM