Depression in Old Cat After 1st Vet Visit in Years

Old February 22nd 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Depression in Old Cat After 1st Vet Visit in Years

Yeah... You 'did this to her' This happened, just like I said it would,
after you gave her the needless hysterectomy operation. And just like
with human mammals, depression sometimes follows. Of course, no one in
here took me seriously when I made this observation about a year ago.
Why, I do not know, since every mammal from a shrew to a great blue
whale are internally identical in every respect.
YOU did it because you just HAD to jump on the politically correct
bandwagon and you used your kat to do it. LIVE with it. Just like your
kitty now must do every day for the rest of her LIFE.
This kind of stuff... needless stuff... makes me ****ing sick. The best
thing you could do for your kat would be to give her away. Just make
sure that he family you give her to are not Chinese. At least try to
use your brain on that one...

Hey, Ben? You need about 5 grams of valium and 100 mg of potassium chloride.

Among other things !!

Old February 22nd 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:
Lauren, Rhonda, Margarita, and everyone else (except that awful
person!)-- Thank you very much for the responses. The vet was kind
but very emphatic during the visit about keeping me away from my dolly
when I thought the vet and staff were "hurting" her. I started bawling
like a baby, because at the age of anywhere between 12-15, my doll is
of the age where I thought the vet would find something terribly wrong
with her.

I'm sorry to hear how upsetting it was for you. I remember when I had
my 17 year old cat at the vet and they were doing a procedure. I was
out in the lobby and I could hear her meowing her head off. It was
very upsetting to hear that. But I knew she was in good hands and that
the treatment was absolutely necessary for her well-being.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Our routine--mine as well as
D.J.'s--is thrown off on a weekly basis by my elderly and slightly
befuddled mother, who spends half the week at home and half with a
sister (the sister who rescued D.J.). This sister has Mom up her
house to alleviate the stress of elder care on me, but the weekly
disruption of routine actually creates more stress than it solves.

For example, I'm an extremely quiet person who doesn't play the
television loudly even when I'm totally alone. D.J. loves Easy
Listening music, and I play it exclusively when we're alone. My mom,
on the other hand, while not being deaf, has always been loud, messy,
and, well, "Calamity Jane" even before she was old.

I''m sure that can't be easy to deal with. Do you think your mom would
be open to wearing a pair of headphones when she watches TV?

So maybe this start/stop of conflicting personalities is wearing on
D.J. as much as it is on me. *That* was why I took D.J. for the
innoculations. I'm waiting for the winter to end, and then I'm
shipping out.

Best wishes. I hope things work out for you.

take care,
Lauren

Old February 22nd 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

IBen Getiner wrote:
clifto wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:
[...]

Talk your evasive krap all the live-long day but it's just like I said
a while back... You arbitrarily remove a female cat's female parts and
you get the same problems that female humans get... Depression for
starters. Here is another example of what your kind of reasoning has
delivered.... ANOTHER SICK CAT (and of course, another befuddled
owner). You must be proud!

I am, Ben. I'm VERY proud. Thank you for speculating.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.
Old February 22nd 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

PawsForThought wrote:
wrote:
Lauren, Rhonda, Margarita, and everyone else (except that awful
person!)-- Thank you very much for the responses. The vet was kind
but very emphatic during the visit about keeping me away from my dolly
when I thought the vet and staff were "hurting" her. I started bawling
like a baby, because at the age of anywhere between 12-15, my doll is
of the age where I thought the vet would find something terribly wrong
with her.

I'm sorry to hear how upsetting it was for you. I remember when I had
my 17 year old cat at the vet and they were doing a procedure. I was
out in the lobby and I could hear her meowing her head off. It was
very upsetting to hear that. But I knew she was in good hands and that
the treatment was absolutely necessary for her well-being.

When Julius had pleural effusions of unknown etiology, I had the vet show me
how to drain his chest. I held Julius down while the vet demonstrated the
procedure. Julius hollered and writhed and screamed, NOT because the procedure
was uncomfortable, but because he *hated* being restrained. Immediately on
his release, he laid down on the table and relaxed, *very* pleased with his
newfound ability to take a deep breath.

Anyone who's pilled a cat knows hollering and screaming.

Old February 23rd 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

clifto wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:
clifto wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:
[...]

Good! Then we have that much settled! I have shown you where you are
an insensitive son of a bitch. You have agreed.
You see.... it iz YOU who needs the 5 grams of valium and 100 mg of
potassium chloride. Not I. I love cats. I love them enough NOT to have
their ballz cut out or their ovaries removed arbitrarily. Especially
when there's no reason on earth to do it with an inside job. You on the
other hand approve of it. And why? Who told you to think this way,
Kliff..?
I was attempting to help this lady here see that her blatant misdeeds
are what led to her cat's depression. SHE is to blame. SHE is at fault.
Because she thinks and acts just like you.
And you say you are proud of it..... You're much sicker than I thought,
Kliff. Double the recommended dosage....
****in' insensitive jerk-off AZZHOLE

IBen
--
All relevant people..........

snip horse**** drivel

Old February 23rd 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 22 Feb 2006 20:42:41 -0800, "IBen Getiner"
wrote:

IBen Getiner wrote:
Yeah... You 'did this to her' This happened, just like I said it would,
after you gave her the needless hysterectomy operation. And just like
with human mammals, depression sometimes follows. Of course, no one in
here took me seriously when I made this observation about a year ago.
Why, I do not know, since every mammal from a shrew to a great blue
whale are internally identical in every respect.
YOU did it because you just HAD to jump on the politically correct
bandwagon and you used your kat to do it. LIVE with it. Just like your
kitty now must do every day for the rest of her LIFE.
This kind of stuff... needless stuff... makes me ****ing sick. The best
thing you could do for your kat would be to give her away. Just make
sure that he family you give her to are not Chinese. At least try to
use your brain on that one...

Ben, even PETA agrees that cats should be neutered. Either or just let
them out to be run over because they'll be climbing the walls.
Old February 23rd 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

IBen Getiner wrote:
You see.... it iz YOU who needs the 5 grams of valium and 100 mg of
potassium chloride. Not I. I love cats. I love them enough NOT to have
their ballz cut out or their ovaries removed arbitrarily. Especially
when there's no reason on earth to do it with an inside job. You on the
other hand approve of it. And why? Who told you to think this way,
Kliff..?

Every single year when the weather turns to bone-chilling frigid, my first
thoughts are for the poor animals stuck out in it. If more of them were
neutered/castrated, fewer of them would be out there fighting for the tiny
bits of available food and the few safe, comparatively warm spots to hide
from the death-dealing frost.

Every time I visit a shelter, I see all those homeless animals who wouldn't
have been born to uncaring bozos and feral animals; and that's not even to
give a thought to the shelters that kill them after a short time. One of
my own was obtained by my nephew by walking into a shelter and adopting the
cat next cited for the gas chamber.

Neutered cats don't torture themselves in heat a week out of every month.
Castrated cats don't spray or get overly aggressive. They all make better
pets.

You find caring homes for ALL those animals and I'll be the first one to
join your little crusade.