Tiger - bad news

Old March 22nd 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Tiger is gone

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:26:43 GMT, "Elizabeth Blake"
wrote:

This morning I woke up and Tiger was out of her cardboard box, laying with
her head right up against the radiator. She had vomited, and it was stuck
all over her. She was in extremely bad shape. I called the vet, then got
dressed as fast as I could. I had to run to an ATM because I only had a few
dollars in cash and I needed cab fare. When I got back to my apartment, she
was gone. I feel sick that I wasn't there to hold her for her final
minutes.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions & advice. We didn't have a chance
to even try any of them.

Tiger
4/12/1990 - 3/21/2006

Cats seem so strong, but they're really such delicate little
creatures. I'm so sorry for your loss now - the pain is excruciating -
but take heart in the fact that there's some other little roamer
hoping for a home, that you can take into yours. We've seen this over
and over again. I still hurt thinking about Howard or Abbie or Tom -
but we now have Chloe and Tiger and Louis. Humans are god-sends to
kitties.

Buck up - we weep with you.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old March 22nd 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Elizabeth Blake wrote:
This morning I woke up and Tiger was out of her cardboard box, laying with
her head right up against the radiator. She had vomited, and it was stuck
all over her. She was in extremely bad shape. I called the vet, then got
dressed as fast as I could. I had to run to an ATM because I only had a few
dollars in cash and I needed cab fare. When I got back to my apartment, she
was gone. I feel sick that I wasn't there to hold her for her final
minutes.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions & advice. We didn't have a chance
to even try any of them.

Tiger
4/12/1990 - 3/21/2006

I'm so sorry, Elizabeth.
-L.

Old March 22nd 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Elizabeth, I am very sorry for the loss of Tiger. Our precious little
ones are never with us long enough. There is nothing more special than
the love of that certain little kitty that loves us so uncondionally. I
believe that someday we all meet again in a much better place where we
can be happy together forever.
Thoughts and prayers, Erm

Old March 22nd 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hugs from me and purrs from the Furballs (and another bad case of misty
monitor syndrome!) You did all you could for Tiger

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 22nd 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Elizabeth Blake wrote:
This morning I woke up and Tiger was out of her cardboard box, laying with
her head right up against the radiator. She had vomited, and it was stuck
all over her. She was in extremely bad shape. I called the vet, then got
dressed as fast as I could. I had to run to an ATM because I only had a few
dollars in cash and I needed cab fare. When I got back to my apartment, she
was gone. I feel sick that I wasn't there to hold her for her final
minutes.

Sorry about your cat...you did the best you could.

In a way, it's good that she didn't have to go to the vet one last time
but died at home in her own space.

DB

Old March 22nd 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote in message
link.net...
This morning I woke up and Tiger was out of her cardboard box, laying with
her head right up against the radiator. She had vomited, and it was stuck
all over her. She was in extremely bad shape. I called the vet, then got
dressed as fast as I could. I had to run to an ATM because I only had a

few
dollars in cash and I needed cab fare. When I got back to my apartment,

she
was gone. I feel sick that I wasn't there to hold her for her final
minutes.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions & advice. We didn't have a chance
to even try any of them.

Tiger
4/12/1990 - 3/21/2006

I'm very, very, sorry, Liz.

Phil

Old March 22nd 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

So sorry about Tiger. You did your best. Pets, like people, so rarely if
ever do they have the gentle parting that we'd wish.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old March 23rd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

There are no words...so, so sorry...
__
http://www.hoosierkitties.com Hoosier Kitties- Resource Links for You
About Your Cat

Old March 23rd 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Thanks to everyone. This was actually the second time I lost Tiger. 8.5
years ago, when she was still a working cat, she slipped out very late one
night when my boss was locking up. He didn't realize she had gone outside.
I got in the next morning and she was gone. I cried for a week straight. 3
weeks to the day she disappeared, she came back. Skinny & filthy but
otherwise unharmed. That time was worse in a way, because all I could do
was imagine the worst. I retired her after that, and she came home to live
with me.

Since she was a work cat, there were many, many people who knew & loved her.
One of my bosses, who is at a different location than I am, called me today
and we talked for a long time. My other boss (at my location) was also
wonderful. When I spoke with an ex-cowoorker who is also the person who
took care of my guys when I was away, we were both in tears. It does help
me a lot to know that Tiger was loved by so many. Talking about her funny
little quirks and her exploits...

I don't think Otto realizes that anything is different, although he has been
quieter since Tiger first crashed last week. One day I'll think about
getting him a new friend, but I don't know when that would be.

--
Liz

Old March 24th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:09:51 GMT, "Elizabeth Blake"
wrote:

[...]

Give it some time. You'll know when the time is right.