PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

Old September 14th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

Default PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:05:11 -0500, Lynne wrote:

on Fri, 14 Sep 2007 01:52:48 GMT, msflyingpiggy wrote:

[quoted text muted]

Put him in your freezer overnight on the evening before you fly out, then
pack him in a box with dry ice, and ship him to your new home. Priority
Overnight is best, but it may be okay to go with 2 Day Air if you're
strapped for cash. If he's fat, you won't need as much packing material,
but be sure to insulate him from the dry ice. Do you have one of those
vacuum sealer bag thingies? (For the cat, not the dry ice.)

Thaw him out slowly when you get there so he isn't scared when he comes
back to life. Problem solved!

You are pathetic!
Old September 14th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:16:39 +0000, Cheryl wrote:

On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:05:11p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
.97.142:

[quoted text muted]

Lynne, I think a warm cat will probably need more than an overnight
stay in the freezer. I'd go for at least 24 hours. I wonder how big
he is?

I expected better from you.
Old September 14th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 14 Sep, 18:24, "Matthew" wrote:
Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
center

"msflyingpiggy" wrote in message

ups.com...

paul, thanks for your help.

On Sep 14, 4:20 am, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
The Brooklyn SPCA is featured often on Animal Planet. Worth a shot.

Paul

"msflyingpiggy" wrote in message

groups.com...

I am leaving this country soon and i cant take my cat with me. i've
asked friends and called several animal shelters by long island and
queens to take him. so far, no one and no animal shlters would take
him. I am leaving in a coupld of days. If i cant find him a place to
stay or a new owner, I would have no choice but to let him go on his
own.

PLEASE, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANY ANIMAL SHELTER BY NEW YORK CITY THAT WILL
TAKE CAT OR IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HIM, PLS LET ME KNOW. I really
dont want to leave him like this.

he is 7 year old male, light orange fur, neutered, domestic short
hair, very gentle and sweet. loved to be brushed and pet. i dont know
how to post picture, if you want see him, i can definitely email it to
you.
Your help is greatly appreciated. Pls help me to find him a new home.
a million thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Matthew, there are times that you simply can't help some people,
however hard you try. This is one of them. If she really wanted the
help that she professes to want, then she would have been there
thanking you for the way you put yourself out.(because you did!)

In fact, I don't think if you picked the cat up personally & took it
to the shelter for her, that it would have been the right place, or
even helpful to her. Shrug it off & try not to worry about it ( the
cat, I mean- not her).... If she was bright enough to ask the group
for help, then she was perfectly capable of looking up human societies
in the NY area like I did for her, in the UK!!
Take care,
Sheelagh *o*

Old September 14th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 14 Sep, 18:24, "Matthew" wrote:
[...]

Perhaps I am being a bit harsh. I am not sure.
That is why I did not dismiss her out of hand. Leaving this problem
until a day or 2 before you depart is a little remiss of her, however,
there might be extenuating circumstances for instance... but that
doesn't excuse not having the manners to thank someone who really did
go against the grain to help out- which you did!

I hope that she has somewhere sorted out too. Having said that, I
hardly think she is likely to come back and tell us though. Some
remarks were a little caustic. I certainly hope that she did manage to
place him.

Frankly, it is very unusual over here not to be able to place a cat in
a place of safety, so it is a little difficult for me to understand
the concept of all of your shelters being full. It must be a dreadful
situation?! I am certain that it will happen one day, we are just
lucky we haven't got there yet.
You tried your very best, that is clear.....
Sheelagh *o*

Old September 14th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Matthew wrote:
Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
center

paul, thanks for your help.

[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

BTW Matthew, googling msflying piggy, she had 2 kittens last October 06. Do
we ask about the other kitty?
M.
here's pictures of my cats & garden & the Chinese Lantern Festival this
summer in Toronto
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...n=publicAlbums

Old September 14th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Matthew wrote:
Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
center

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
summer in Toronto
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...n=publicAlbums

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. It is always the best bet for the
one time that we jump the gun it will be the real thing.

That's just fine, but I'm not questioning that she's about to leave her cat
behind - when she posted last October, she had 2 kittens & I was asking what
happened to the other one?
M.

Old September 14th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 14 Sep, 22:20, "mariib via CatKB.com" u22469@uwe wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his rescue
center

paul, thanks for your help.

[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

BTW Matthew, googling msflying piggy, she had 2 kittens last October 06. Do
we ask about the other kitty?
M.
here's pictures of my cats & garden & the Chinese Lantern Festival this
summer in Torontohttp://community.webshots.com/user/mariib?action=publicAlbums

Lovely photos )

Sheelagh *o*

Old September 15th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 14 Sep, 23:13, "Matthew" wrote:
"mariib via CatKB.com" u22469@uwe wrote in messagenews:78393d1c51a65@uwe...

Matthew wrote:
Huh Glad I get thank for contacting Phil and telling you about his
rescue
center
[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
summer in Toronto
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...n=publicAlbums

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. It is always the best bet for
the
one time that we jump the gun it will be the real thing.

That's just fine, but I'm not questioning that she's about to leave her
cat
behind - when she posted last October, she had 2 kittens & I was asking
what
happened to the other one?
M.

Very good questions if she need helped and the others did not scare her off.
Maybe we can find out- Hide quoted text -

Sorry!
I forgot to add, check your email box
Sheelagh *o*

Old September 15th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:16:39 +0000, Cheryl wrote:

On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:05:11p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
.97.142:

[quoted text muted]

Lynne, I think a warm cat will probably need more than an overnight
stay in the freezer. I'd go for at least 24 hours. I wonder how big
he is?

I expected better from you.

I remember when you used to have a sense of humor.

Old September 16th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:32:18 -0400, cybercat wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[quoted text muted]

I remember when you used to have a sense of humor.

glad to be remembered -- that must have been way back when
the cat groups were fun to read.