I'm so awdul (OT)

Old July 3rd 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

Default I'm so awdul (OT)

On Jul 2, 4:12*pm, Yowie wrote:

My father can eat and eat and eat and never puts any weight on as well.
He wore the same suit to my wedding as he did to his own! I shared that
metabolism until I was well into my twenties -

When I was a kid I ate everything in sight and my nickname was "Skinny
Minnie" because I didn't put any weight on to the extent the school
nurse urged my mum to feed me up and still no weight gain....then
puberty kicked in

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 3rd 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Jul 2, 5:05*pm, Lucys Mom wrote:
.. *I
stopped dead, turned around, looked them up and down and said, making
sure they and those around heard, "-5" and started to walk away. *Then I
turned back around and added "each". The look on their faces was
priceless and boy, did I feel good!!

LOVE IT!

Old July 3rd 10, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Jul 2, 5:05*pm, Lucys Mom wrote:

My favorite all-round come-back to anyone foolish enough to comment on
my size is "Did your mother teach you or did you learn all on your own
how to be so da*N rude?". *Usually shuts them up.

Reminds me of a come-back of my own (admittedly borrowed from Winston
Churchill)

I was coming back from a successful shopping trip (I'd just been made
redundant and was out looking for something for interviews and managed
to find a really smart suit that didn't break the bank so I was well
happy) and I'd grabbed a bottle of mango lassi for the train home as I
got out the train I was putting the empty bottle in the bin and a guy
said "Excuse me?" very politely like he might be asking for directions
or something so I said "Yes?" and he replied "That should be a diet
drink you fat f***ing c**t!"

I shrugged and said "I can diet you'll still be rude"

Old July 3rd 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

This has all just so reminded me of the worse put down I ever did- one
I'm still trying to forget because I'm not proud of it....well just a
little....

I was sitting on a bus and this guy sat next to me- didn't think much
of it the bus was packed and I had a Terry Pratchett book on the go.

Moments later the guy said "Hi"

So being polite I said "Hi" back...the next thing his hand is on my
boob so I pulled it away and said "What?!"

He said "The bus is about to stop. What about I take you round the
corner and s**g you for a couple of minutes?"

I think my face must have shown what I was thinking because his next
charming chat up line was "Come on! A fat ugly bird like you it's the
best offer you're ever going to get"

I looked at the guy and went "Okay"

So the guy got up and as the bus stopped he jumped off then turned
back to me....I smacked the bell twice and as the bus moved away at
the top of my voice I shouted "A couple of minutes? You should see
your doctor about your premature ejaculation""

This was a routemaster so not only did everyone on the bus hear it so
did everyone standing at the bus stop (and the way I shouted people
within about 200 yards)

Old July 3rd 10, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

[...]

Are you kidding?? You should be *proud* of that one! It's hilarious.
He deserved that!

Joyce

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet
Old July 3rd 10, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 2/07/2010 1:25 AM, BfloPolska wrote:
On Jul 1, 10:56 am, wrote:
On 1 July, 15:29, wrote:

A postscript, nearly 20 years later: the guy landed on Workers' Comp
after taking a fall on the job. He hasn't worked since. And boy, did
he get fat!!!

I used to know a guy called Jason who once said to me that he would
consider going out with me if I "lost a few tons" (he was one of those
guys who really thought he was God's gift to women but I never saw the
charm of him myself).

Didn't I go to high school with that creep? I had one who tried to
ease the sting: "You have such a pretty face, now if you'd only lose
so-and-so much we could really have it going on." I was going with a
guy named Jeff, and my mother went through a phase where she would
follow me around muttering, "You're going to lose him. You're not
pretty. You're a pig."

What I am is in therapy.

A few years later I was drinking with another
friend of mine who'd been on the recieving end and she said she saw
him and he was now massively obese!
We shouldn't have laughed but we did!

I love running into old classmates. The girls who used to give me hell
look ten years older, either from overtanning or plain old work and
worry, and in my heart I chuckle at the fickle tricks of time. The
most recent one I met sounded almost accusing when she said I hadn't
changed since 1984, though part of me wants to say she lies like a
cheap rug; I have bits of gray at the temples, that surely weren't
there in 1984, and my walk is a bit stiffer after the accident that
messed up my back. But hell, I'll take the compliment.

When I first met my sister in law, she was 18, slim, feminine and
exceptionally pretty, and luckily (or perhaps unluckily) for her, her
looks opened opportunities I never had.

After losing yet another job she pined "Oh Vicky, how do I get a job
like yours?"

I was honest "Well, first you have to finish senior highschool and then
go to University"

She replied without a hint of sarcasm or jest, and I repeat this
verbatim because I will never ever forget this, "Thats not fair, I'm
prettier than you."

We're both 15 years older now. She's still an attractive woman, but she
can't compete with 18 year olds, and since she's relied solely on her
looks and feminine charms to get her anywhere, life is going to get
quite tough for her in the next 5 years. Meanwhile, as ugly as I may
have been, I haven't got much worse, and there's still that university
degree - with 15 years industry experience to go with it. At 40, I know
what attributes I'd prefer to have!

Yowie
Old July 4th 10, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Christine BA" wrote in message
2.7.2010 22:01, Christina Websell kirjoitti:
wrote in message
not jealous, but man do i have calorie envy... thats about three times
what i can eat and maintain if i am exercising and doing everything i
can
to keep my metabolic rate at its highest... my rate is not slow its
definitely retarded, Lee
wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote
bastXXXette wrote
cshenk wrote:

Mee too! Many of my friends are generously proportioned.

Yay! Thin allies against stupidity, always welcome!

Believe me, thin isn't always pretty - that "You can't be too rich or
too skinny" is a crock of sh*t. After all the weight I've lost with
this insidious illness I look like the crypt keeper.

LOL! Been there! I'm 5ft1in tall (please don't delete the extra inch,
I'm proud of it!). Most of my life, my *natural* weight was way way
too
thin. High metabolism. Kinda looked like a pipecleaner with the fuzz
pulled off. Got accused of anything from Anorexia to Bullemia.

*Finally* about age 40, I gained some curves at last and I'm ever so
happy! Now for the first time, I am just a touch over due to back
issues
preventing my normal activity, but it would be easy to lose if I wanted
to bother. Cutting back to 3,000 cal a day would do it. Yeah I know,
life isn't fair. I'd no more blame a friend for being naturally
generously proportioned, than she would me for being naturally thinner.
If she did, she wouldn't be a friend.

It sucks just as bad, to be too thin.

Yes, my German friend is far too thin, when she visited I needed to feed
her
around every two hours or she fainted. Vegetarian. Enough said.
Tweed
Oh, but she burst out of her jeans after 10 days of my cooking and we had
get a new pair ;-)
Quorn. That's what did it!
Tweed

Marina's also a vegetarian, and the last time I saw her, or a photo of
her, she was no stick-figure. I'm not saying she's fat, by no means, but
not skinny or threatening to faint or some such...
So I wouldn't quite put it like that: "Vegetarian. Enough said."

All vegetarians I know are slim. Except the one in my team at work.
It was quite difficult keeping N fed when she was here.
If we went out for a few hours we'd have to take things to eat. 5 ft 10 - 8
stone - she needed it.

Old July 4th 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

[...]

Sheesh Vicki, you're not ugly!! Just because you don't fit advertising
standards (which is almost all of us) hardly means you're ugly. What a
terrible word to put on someone, especially yourself.

There's a long-standing tradition that women fit into two mutually
exclusive categories: smart or pretty. I was just talking about this
to a friend last night. We were talking about high school insecurities,
and she said she'd really believed in that dichotomy. And because she
knew she was exceptionally smart, she figured that she therefore
couldn't be pretty. And she didn't fit the standards of prettiness,
not being tall, lithe or blonde. Instead she was short, flat-chested
and Jewish-looking, with extremely curly dark hair. (Hair that I think
is gorgeous, btw.) I think she's very attractive, but it's hard to
undo all the conditioning you get in puberty.

In high school, I thought I was pretty. I wasn't a great beauty, but
I was cute. I was also smart, but insecure about that because of the
academic tracking system that had put me in the "second best" category.
The really smart kids were in the top track, and these were the kids
I hung out with, but I always feared that I was inferior to them. I
stayed friends with several of these people for years after high school,
and the inferiority complex about my intelligence lingered throughout
those years. (I didn't actually discover what my academic capabilities
were until I put myself through college in my mid to late 20s.)

I also had a younger, geeky friend in high school, who was very smart,
in the accelerated track, and was very insecure about her looks. So
within the context of our friendship, she became the "smart one" and I
became the "pretty one" - and we were both really jealous of each other
over that.

How stupid is that?? It's not pretty, either.

Joyce

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.
Old July 4th 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

All vegetarians I know are slim. Except the one in my team at work.
It was quite difficult keeping N fed when she was here.
If we went out for a few hours we'd have to take things to eat. 5 ft 10 - 8
stone - she needed it.

It probably has nothing to do with her being a vegetarian. It sounds like
she has an exceptionally high metabolism. If she needs to eat every few
hours, that means she's burning up calories at a high rate. I wonder if
she suffers from a bit of hyperthyroidism? Or some other metabolic condition?
It's one thing to be thin due to a high metabolism. But if she really gets
so hungry she's practically fainting every few hours, something's going on.
Has she ever had it checked out?

Joyce

Old July 4th 10, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

the weight loss personality susan powder*powter* not sure which was at one
point well over weight and was a vegetarian. you just must eat for YOUR
body, Lee

wrote in message
not jealous, but man do i have calorie envy... thats about three times
what i can eat and maintain if i am exercising and doing everything i
can
to keep my metabolic rate at its highest... my rate is not slow its
definitely retarded, Lee
wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote
bastXXXette wrote

[...]