Purrs for Precious

Old February 27th 13, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Purrs for Precious

John's cat Precious is feeling poorly. He noticed yesterday she
appeared to be straining at the litterbox. He isn't sure if she's
trying to urinate or defecate. He talked to the vet and took her in
this afternoon. I haven't heard back from him yet (he's an hour earlier
time-zone). I'm hoping it's a simple matter of her being constipated.
Purrs for her to feel better and her problem to be a simple one would be
appreciated.

Jill
Old February 28th 13, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
John's cat Precious is feeling poorly. He noticed yesterday she appeared
to be straining at the litterbox. He isn't sure if she's trying to
urinate or defecate. He talked to the vet and took her in this afternoon.
I haven't heard back from him yet (he's an hour earlier time-zone). I'm
hoping it's a simple matter of her being constipated. Purrs for her to
feel better and her problem to be a simple one would be appreciated.

Jill

Purrs are on the way.

Joy

Old February 28th 13, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/27/2013 7:12 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
John's cat Precious is feeling poorly. He noticed yesterday she appeared
to be straining at the litterbox. He isn't sure if she's trying to
urinate or defecate. He talked to the vet and took her in this afternoon.
I haven't heard back from him yet (he's an hour earlier time-zone). I'm
hoping it's a simple matter of her being constipated. Purrs for her to
feel better and her problem to be a simple one would be appreciated.

Jill

Purrs are on the way.

Joy

Thank you. It turned out to (ugh, ewww, gross) she had a tapeworm!
She's been treated for it and will be just fine.

He did have a minor flea infestation last year. (He still puts a bowl
of warm soapy water in that corner by the lamp just in case.) He says
he's never found a flea on Precious. But I guess this comes from "flea
dirt" (feces) and if she injested some while grooming, there you have
it. That's my rather simplistic understanding of it, at least.

I really don't need or want a more complex explanation. At least she'll
be fine. Thanks for the purrs

Jill
Old February 28th 13, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/27/2013 7:12 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

You're right. It is gross, but I'm glad she'll be okay.

Joy

Old February 28th 13, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 2/27/2013 7:12 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~
In many ways, that's good news because it's so easily treated--not a major
health problem.

MaryL

Old February 28th 13, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Thank you. It turned out to (ugh, ewww, gross) she had a tapeworm!
She's been treated for it and will be just fine.

Oh, good news! I'm just reading about this now. This is not a bad
outcome at all. And good for John, for being so on the ball about it.

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old February 28th 13, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

jmcquown wrote:
On 2/27/2013 7:12 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad, Precious, is going to be OK.
--
Adrian

Precious Gets a Check-up jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 April 7th 12 08:38 PM
Precious Update jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 February 1st 12 06:30 AM
Buster's precious Takayuki Cat anecdotes 12 February 9th 10 01:29 AM
TOO precious!! Pat Cat anecdotes 4 December 2nd 06 08:59 PM
Ping My Precious, My Love daddypop Cat health & behaviour 8 June 14th 05 02:50 PM