Eros was adopted!!!!

Old December 30th 04, 06:53 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Eros was adopted!!!!

I noticed today that Eros wasn't on the shelter's website anymore, so I
called. Sure enough, he was adopted on the 26th!

I am feeling so many things right now. Sheer joy that he found a home. Fear
that his new family could turn out to be awful. Sorrow that I won't ever see
him again. Regret that I didn't ever get around to writing a letter to the
new owners, which I meant to do, that would describe his favorite toys but
most importantly *cough* mention my phone number in case they, um, wanted to
ask questions.

Wow. Tears are coming and I can't tell if they're joyful or sad. Never again
to see Eros. But he has a home now!

I guess it's true what they say; you never stop worrying about your kids.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Old December 30th 04, 07:25 PM
Karen

Awwww. I'm glad he got a Christmas home and I bet it is a nice one since the
shelter seems to be pretty cat friendly.

Karen

Old December 30th 04, 07:33 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Monique Y.
Mudama" wrote:

I noticed today that Eros wasn't on the shelter's website anymore, so I
called. Sure enough, he was adopted on the 26th!

I am feeling so many things right now. Sheer joy that he found a home.
Fear
that his new family could turn out to be awful. Sorrow that I won't ever
see
him again. Regret that I didn't ever get around to writing a letter to
the
new owners, which I meant to do, that would describe his favorite toys
but
most importantly *cough* mention my phone number in case they, um, wanted
ask questions.

If you wrote one know, don't you think the shelter would forward it?
Who knows -- maybe his new servants live near you and might welcome
visits.

Old December 30th 04, 07:42 PM
CatNipped

[...]

I'm sure his new family will be wonderful. Most people who adopt an adult
cat as opposed to a kitten are cat savvy, and not just looking for a
Christmas toy. Purrs that Eros will have a long, healthy life in his new
forever home.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 30th 04, 07:54 PM
Christina Websell

[...]

I am so pleased both for Eros and you that he has a new foreverhome with
people that could see past his goopy eye. That should tell you something
about them.

Tweed

Old December 30th 04, 07:55 PM
Victor Martinez

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
I noticed today that Eros wasn't on the shelter's website anymore, so I
called. Sure enough, he was adopted on the 26th!

Yay!!!!!
Old December 30th 04, 08:04 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-30, CatNipped penned:

I'm sure his new family will be wonderful. Most people who adopt an adult
cat as opposed to a kitten are cat savvy, and not just looking for a
Christmas toy. Purrs that Eros will have a long, healthy life in his new
forever home.

Also, Eros' eye got particularly gunky in the last week, and the adopters had
to sign a notice that they understand he has an eye problem that will need
constant monitoring. I don't think ignorant people would adopt an animal with
a known condition, no matter how benign.

Yes, I think you're right. At least, it will be better for my sanity if I
believe it =)

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old December 30th 04, 08:05 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-30, Howard Berkowitz penned:

If you wrote one know, don't you think the shelter would forward it? Who
knows -- maybe his new servants live near you and might welcome visits.

I don't know. I will try that.

Old December 30th 04, 08:08 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-30, Christina Websell penned:

I am so pleased both for Eros and you that he has a new foreverhome with
people that could see past his goopy eye. That should tell you something
about them.

You're probably right. Thanks =)

Old December 30th 04, 08:14 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:53:31 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"
wrote:

I noticed today that Eros wasn't on the shelter's website anymore, so I
called. Sure enough, he was adopted on the 26th!

I am feeling so many things right now. Sheer joy that he found a home. Fear
that his new family could turn out to be awful. Sorrow that I won't ever see
him again. Regret that I didn't ever get around to writing a letter to the
new owners, which I meant to do, that would describe his favorite toys but
most importantly *cough* mention my phone number in case they, um, wanted to
ask questions.

Wow. Tears are coming and I can't tell if they're joyful or sad. Never again
to see Eros. But he has a home now!

I guess it's true what they say; you never stop worrying about your kids.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

{{{{Monique}}}}

I feel the same way every time I take a stray/rescue into a shelter,
and when I find they've been adopted (I usually check until I find out
they are).

Sending great clouds of white light around Eros that he has found a
wonderful, loving home where he will live a very long and happy life.

Ginger-lyn