Two kitties that are in need of a new home (CO or nearby)

Old May 21st 05, 07:10 AM
Corey Kaye

Default Two kitties that are in need of a new home (CO or nearby)

Hello

I have two very sweet kitties that are in need of new homes. Both are
spayed and easy to handle (for claw clipping or whatever.) I imagine both
would be good around kids, but don't know for sure--I don't have any kids.

Portia is a long-haired tortishell who LOVES people. She's a very friendly
kitty-cat who is just not happy in my multi-cat household. She needs to be
indoors only. She can not be vaccinated--she has a severe neurological
reaction to vaccines. She is VERY sweet and wants to be the center of
attention. She gets along fine with dogs. She wants to be the only kitty,
or--perhaps--one of two kitties. Portia is the kind of kitty that greets you
when you come home with lots of meows. She's a talker!

Ophelia is her older half-sister. She's a medium hair calico, and, like
Portia, has a very bad reaction to vaccines, so is indoors only. She's also
not happy in my multi-cat household. This particular kitty thinks sneaking
outside is fun, so she needs people who pay attention when the dogs get let
out or the groceries get brought in. She's very sweet--a lap kitty. Like
Portia, she wants to be the only kitty in the house, or, perhaps, one of two
cats. She's less vocal than Portia. She's also fine with dogs.

Portia is 3 and Ophelia is 4. Both have been fed premium dry kitty food
(Innova, Cal Nat or Felidae) their entire lives, and have been pronounced
"perfect" by my vet. They're both fairly small kitties--both under 9 lbs.
But--and I can't stress this enough--they can NOT be vaccinated.

I'd certainly be willing to deliver them to the right house, even if it's a
few states away. A good home is paramount for each of these kitty-cats.
References will be required. I'll take either back if something doesn't
work. Right now they're living together in their own room of my house, but
there *has* to be a better situation out there for them.

These are very nice kitties, but they're just not happy with me, and the
rest of my herd. I'd like to find them a perfect home. Pictures are
available if you're interested

I'd also love to hear about different ways to get the word out about these
cats. I realize "older" cats are often very un-adoptable sigh. I'll keep
and love these kitties forever if I can't find the perfect place, but I
think they'd be happier with someone else.

Thanks,

Corey Kaye
---
ckaye-at-holly-dot-colostate-dot-edu

Old May 23rd 05, 08:00 PM

Corey,

maybe you can find a rescue registered with petfinder.com in your
vicinity who will do a courtesy posting for you on the website.

Petra