Cheap thrills-cat toy

Old August 1st 05, 09:27 PM
mystro

Default Cheap thrills-cat toy

I'm always looking for something the cats might enjoy since they both
(pete and fred) spend the days by themselfs and I finally found
something that really mystifies them and they seem to have hours of fun
playing in it and it's not an over-priced *cat* toy..it's a 8" flexible
duct hose 15' long..you can twist and turn it and always make it a new
challenge for them..you can find these at most plumbing supply stores..
just make sure it's at least 8" so they can run thru it..I put ours
behind the couch in the den and made a few turns in it on either end.

Old August 1st 05, 10:45 PM
Nanny

You mean they sell those things in catsize too ? I have one for my ferrets,
a civilized version of the normal size dryer hose, it's their most loved
toy, and the cats are always so jealous that they can't get in it :-)

Nanny

"mystro" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old August 2nd 05, 02:18 AM
mystro

Nanny wrote:
You mean they sell those things in catsize too ? I have one for my ferrets,
a civilized version of the normal size dryer hose, it's their most loved
toy, and the cats are always so jealous that they can't get in it :-)

Nanny

Yup,they sure do,check plumbing supply and hardware stores..I found the
6" diameter alittle too small but the 8" works great.

Old August 2nd 05, 08:55 AM
Nanny

I'll go and search for it, they'd love it !

Nanny

"mystro" schreef in bericht
ups.com...

Old August 2nd 05, 03:12 PM
Barb

Gotta try it. Sounds great for my deck.

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Old August 3rd 05, 12:49 AM
Cheryl

On Mon 01 Aug 2005 04:27:44p, mystro wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

I'm always looking for something the cats might enjoy since they
both (pete and fred) spend the days by themselfs and I finally
found something that really mystifies them and they seem to have
hours of fun playing in it and it's not an over-priced *cat*
toy..it's a 8" flexible duct hose 15' long..you can twist and
turn it and always make it a new challenge for them..you can
find these at most plumbing supply stores.. just make sure it's
at least 8" so they can run thru it..I put ours behind the couch
in the den and made a few turns in it on either end.

Neat idea. I don't think mine would go for 8" diameter, though. Have
you seen it larger? I bought this fleece tunnel that crinkled (large
opening held open with a large plastic hoop, wider plastic piece in
the middle, and another on the other end, that one of mine liked for
a while. I ended up giving it away to a friend who'd just adopted
kittens when mine ignored it all the time.

http://tinyurl.com/brrdk

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old August 3rd 05, 03:23 AM
-L.

Cheryl wrote:

Neat idea. I don't think mine would go for 8" diameter, though. Have
you seen it larger? I bought this fleece tunnel that crinkled (large
opening held open with a large plastic hoop, wider plastic piece in
the middle, and another on the other end, that one of mine liked for
a while. I ended up giving it away to a friend who'd just adopted
kittens when mine ignored it all the time.

http://tinyurl.com/brrdk

Thanks for the link. No way would Peewee fit in an 8 inch diameter
tube - his head is that wide, I think...LOL.

He loves paper bags so I think I might look for the other thing.

-L.

Old August 3rd 05, 05:36 AM
Brad

On 1 Aug 2005 13:27:44 -0700, "mystro" wrote:

I'm always looking for something the cats might enjoy since they both
(pete and fred) spend the days by themselfs and I finally found
something that really mystifies them and they seem to have hours of fun
playing in it and it's not an over-priced *cat* toy..it's a 8" flexible
duct hose 15' long..you can twist and turn it and always make it a new
challenge for them..you can find these at most plumbing supply stores..
just make sure it's at least 8" so they can run thru it..I put ours
behind the couch in the den and made a few turns in it on either end.

Is it like the white flexible like the dryer vent hose? I have seen
something obviously much smaller I think at wal mart. When you
compress it does it get small enough to put away in a drawer or
somehting like that? 15' X 8" must take up a good amount of space when
you have it spread out huh...??

My kitten loves it when I throw a blanket or bath towel or something
like that over him as I imagine most would. Thanks for the info sounds
like a neat toy for them. So far his favorite toy is one of those huge
paper shopping bags that you rarely see anymore, its must be almost
four feet tall and very wide......he loves being in it but also
jumping on it so it makes the huge crunching noise.

Brad

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting......." HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"
Old August 3rd 05, 07:46 AM
-L.

Nomen Nescio wrote:
"-L." wrote in
oups.com:

Thanks for the link. No way would Peewee fit in an 8 inch diameter
tube - his head is that wide, I think...LOL.

He loves paper bags so I think I might look for the other thing.

-L.

Lynette M. Wegrich (Glover)
8693 Iroquois Dr.
Tualatin, Oregon, 97062

Husband: William Glover
Son: Jonathan Glover

Bzzzt. WRONG. Try again. LOL...

-L.

Old August 3rd 05, 04:34 PM
CatNipped

Cheap cat toy Debra Cat anecdotes 3 July 18th 05 09:20 PM
Cheap Cat Tree? Brian Link Cat health & behaviour 12 April 25th 05 01:24 PM
Cheap Frontline flea-spray IN the UK? Nell Cat health & behaviour 0 April 21st 05 02:51 PM
Well, at least they're cheap to feed... Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 141 July 22nd 04 01:25 PM
Cheap "perch" for cat? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 4 December 30th 03 04:07 PM