The World's longest Cat Pregnancy is Still On

Old March 23rd 05, 01:32 AM
Tanada

Default The World's longest Cat Pregnancy is Still On

Ok, she STILL hasn't had them. Mike checked her out with stethoscope
and can still hear a bunch of purrs. He also says that Sonya's nipples
are full and starting to produce milk. She is starting to produce a
sort of line indentation down the center of her tummy. Does that mean
anything?

The family isn't happy, but they agree with me that if she hasn't had
them by Friday, we won't be leaving on vacation until she does have them
safely. I've also asked Rob to make another TED appointment if she
hasn't produced them by morning.

Penny spoiled us. We didn't have an idea how far along she was, and her
fur was so long one couldn't really tell that she was pregnant. So when
she popped them out, it was a pleasant surprise. I could never be a cat
breeder, too much stress.

I grossed Mandy out by telling her to do the hockey cheer as well as the
one I was doing for her. She says that I'm really sick.

Pam S.
Old March 23rd 05, 01:50 AM
Christina Websell

Oh, you make me laugh, Pam. Sonya will have her kittens exactly at the time
they are meant to be born and not before.
Been there, done that, with dogs.
I have agonised about puppies due to be born, I have stayed up all night.
They will come when they come.
Purrs for you and Sonya that the babies will be here soon.
If they aren't I don't think we all can stand it!

Tweed

k.net...

Old March 23rd 05, 01:55 AM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
Ok, she STILL hasn't had them. Mike checked her out with stethoscope
and can still hear a bunch of purrs.

(snippage)
Pam S.

The kittens are purring inside of her?! Damn, maybe they don't want to come
out!

Jill --don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies!

Old March 23rd 05, 02:20 AM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:32:18 +0000, Tanada wrote:

[...]

I Googled "cat gestation". Normal time is 61 to 69 days depending on size
of breed. Variations to 71 days have been noted. Do you have any idea
when she became pregnant? Time always seems longer when waiting. MLB

Old March 23rd 05, 02:23 AM
Mary

"Tanada" wrote

I grossed Mandy out by telling her to do the hockey cheer as well as the
one I was doing for her. She says that I'm really sick.

Why have kids if you can't gross them out?

Old March 23rd 05, 02:49 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 22 Mar 2005 07:32:18p, Tanada wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nk.net):

[...]

I don't get it. LOL

Purrs that she has them soon! Dirty litterbox offerings to TED for
making you guys (and US!) think it will happen any day!! just
kidding, mostly. hehehe

--
Cheryl
Old March 23rd 05, 02:52 AM

There is a simple solution to your dilemma. Sit down with this kitty and
tell her that under no circumstances should she have the kittens tonight
as it would be entirely inconvenient for you and completely disrupt your
plans and schedule.

Megan (really...try it...)

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old March 23rd 05, 03:03 AM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:32:18 GMT, Tanada
yodeled:

Ok, she STILL hasn't had them. Mike checked her out with stethoscope
and can still hear a bunch of purrs. He also says that Sonya's nipples
are full and starting to produce milk. She is starting to produce a
sort of line indentation down the center of her tummy. Does that mean
anything?

It means she's getting ready to split up the middle.

Theresa